Chapter 1: Jung Wheein

Bangtanmoo: We Got Married

 

Wheein had wanted to do solo projects, and while the singing shows had done her well, she wanted to branch out. She pleaded for her manager and the CEO to try and branch out. They agreed, as they had been planning to allow all members to branch out. She had been excited, hoping to do something like Slam Dunk Unnies 2 or go on Star King, she was excited to try anything really. That was obviously not the shows that PD-nim had in mind as she was sweating buckets in a van with some staff and her manager for her first filming of We Got Married.

Her manager was talking to her about the shoot. Instructing the staff, as well as her on what the schedule would look like.

Wheein fiddled her hands as she heard the briefing from her manager.

She was slightly paying attention, but mostly.... she was freaking out.

"Don't worry Wheeinie~, the process is simple, there's a small script, mistakes are edited out, and Moon said that Taehyung is a nice guy! Don't be nervous! Wheein Hwaiting!"

The words of her Unnie, Solar, who had previously been on the show with Eric Nam, had relayed to her. They somewhat comforted her but still, she felt that she would do something wrong, and be in the negative views of the public. She remembered when it was announced that she was bombarded with hate comments, and criticism saying she and he weren't a good match, and that she wouldn't be able to fit with him well.

While she was somewhat aquatinted with Kim Taehyung, as they had done an MC stint on Inkigayo in 2016, she didn't know him well enough to be comfortable.

In short she was stressing.

"-And that's all that you'll do, okay?"
Wheein's head snapped up at her manager who was looking at her, asking her to confirm something that she wasn't entirely (at all) paying attention to. She looked questioningly at her manager.

Her manager sighed and told her slowly," There will be prefilming prior to arriving, at least 10 minutes, where we will film you and your reactions before arriving there. Kim Taehyung will also be doing more filming, so don't feel embarrassed. You'll both meet at the photoshoot where you will find yourselves trying on different clothes for your marriage photos okay?"

She nodded, smiling sheepishly at her annoyed manager. She stared outside for what felt like forever, staying unusually quiet, which really surprised EVEN the driver because she's always loud and rambunctious. "Wheein-ah, don't be nervous, you'll do great! Wheein-ah hwaiting!" The driver, Kim Jinwoo, called, turning the radio on to get the girl a bit hyped.

Wheein smiled and began to sing along to the songs a little, even danced when Boom Boom by Seventeen came on. Soon enough, the nerves began building as the driver signaled to the staff in the car that there was 15 minutes until arrival. This meant it was time to officially start filming.

The makeup staff retouched her makeup slightly, but not too much, as she would be doing a photoshoot where her makeup will fully touched up to match her look. It was time to film, and began answering questions they threw at her from que cards behind the camera.

Wheein smiled shyly at the camera. 
"Today I will no longer be a single woman, Beyoncé sunbae mianhe~" she said giggling lightly at her joke. "It's a bit nerve wracking, I'm not used to blind dates where I marry them right away. I'm not sure where we are going exactly, but we've been going straight for what seems like hours, unlike my mind." She chuckled her laugh showing her nervousness. More questions were shown, and she gradually began to get comfortable.

They would arrive in two minutes so she decided to call her Hwasa, 'Hwasa always answers my calls. She'll help me calm down, and maybe build an atmosphere to make up for some of the awkwardness' she thought.

Smiling when Hwasa picked up the phone.

"Yeoboseyo~"
"Hyejinie~. It's me Wheeinie~" she said her voice dripping in aegyo.


"What do you want?" Hwasa answered sarcastically laughing at Wheein's aegyo.


"I'm about to land at the site, I'll be solo, I'll miss you Hyejin-ah~ Where are my unnies?" Wheein pouted playfully.


"Yah!" Hwasa laughed," Does your husband know how cheesy you are, only say that to him." She joked.


Wheein laughed," Will do Hyejinie! Are Unnies around?"                

"Unnies, Wheeinie is calling for you." Came the muffled voice of Hwasa, obviously callo out her Unnies away from the phone to not crest so much noise

"My little Wheeinie is all grown up! I want to see your wild spirit, but don't scare him off!" Solar joked.

"Yah, Byuntae Unnie! Please encourage me." Wheein countered placin her hand over as to hide from her Unnies reaction.

"YAH! I AM NO CRAZY ERT JUST A NORMAL ONE!" She yelled, bubbling huge laughter in all three girls.

"Sorry Unnie, please don't be mad at Wheeinie~" she said hoping to soothe her Unnie. 

"Alright, just this once! I wish you the best, Wheein-ah" Solar said.

"Work hard Wheeinie!" Moonbyul cheered.

"Okay! Thank you for your well wishes. Anyeong~" Wheein said.    

"Wheein hwaiting!" Her members called.


"Kamsahmnida." Wheein said giggling.

She ended the call and noticed that they had arrived. The call, while brief, had energized her a bit leaving only a small pit of nervousness in her stomach.

"Are you ready?"
"Yes."

__________

Notes:

Please check out my other Wheetae fanfic, It will be starting up soon!~

Please leave a comment and tell me what you think :)

Series this work belongs to: