FINAL.

Pitiful Fate.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------

 

         A young man was sitting on the bench, holding a pencil in his big hand and he was slightly tilting his head as he was so into it.

It was a beautiful evening. The weather wasn't too hot nor too cold. It was windy but perfect. Perfect to relax. 

He was sketching inside of his sketching book, ignoring his surrounding as to him, he was not a part of them. He was different. 

He drew a dream house in that page. A bungalow, a modern design but it was a relaxing and indeed a dream house if you asked. Why? Because the house that he was sketching on that page was stated next to the beach, the backyard was filled with various types of flowers - lilies, roses, tulips and many more. He pulled away from the book slightly, smiling and looking so proud at his sketches.

Kim Jongdae. Kim Jongdae, that's his name. 
     He was a successful architect, a young architect who already be able to join the elite team in NH Architecture Company. He worked together with the seniors to create, designing a lot of beautiful and mesmerizing buildings in Seoul. People respect him, because he is a young man who already achieved a lot and a young man who have a kind heart with good personalities.

Isn’t he supposed to be busy with many projects then? How come he can sit down and relaxing with his sketching book as well as sipping on the Earl Grey tea?

              No one knows the answer.

                                Not until it will be revealed soon.

 


 

 

           He stopped. 
He placed his pencil down on top of the sketch book, lifting his chin up after he heard the wooden door that connected the building to the park being opened. It was a female. His eyes moved, followed the female's movement and he slowly stood up from the bench, leaving the sketch book behind. Her. She was the only female that could attract him from getting lost into his own world. She was the only female that caught his attention.

              Sejeong.
Park Sejeong.
A petite lady, around 160 centimeters and she have a bright milky white skin matched with a natural pinkish pouty lips. She's an angel. Her smile could lighten up everyone's mood. She's the mood maker. She's smart. She's a kind lady. Everyone felt at ease around her and everyone likes her. So does Jongdae.

No, not like.

But love.

He was so in love with her. So much.

She walked gracefully, slowly getting closer to where Jongdae was currently standing up. She was tilting her head side to side, smiling and beaming softly to greet the others before she looked at Jongdae and they exchanged the glance. The female dipped her head down, bowing to the man who was looking at her without blinking even once.

“Sejeong...”

"....I missed you."

Jongdae called her softly, walking away from the bench and approached her closer. He was etching a small smile on his face, he looked at her longingly. The female drew her eyebrows together; few lines were created because of that. She was confused. Humming softly, the female opened to reply Jongdae, gently, very politely.

“I’m sorry. I’m Woori, Jung Woori. I’m not Sejeong.”

His face dropped. He was frowning. His stomach was clenching.

“Stop kidding. It’s not funny, Sejeong.”

He said firmly. The sweet smile on his face faded away in just a second after the female told her name.

“I’m not kid—“

“Stop it! You were gone for too long and I missed you and now you told me you're not Sejeong?!” Jongdae shouted, he drew attention from everyone.

“Look, sir. Please don’t mad. Please?”

“Shut up! Whatever you try to do now, it is not funny anymore, Sejeong.”

Jongdae kept going on cutting her words, his words were sharp and it caused the female to gulp down her lump and clenching onto the edge of her shirt. Her eyes were moved, side to side, like she was asking for help from everyone. She moved backward when Jongdae approached her closer, once again gulping down heavily.

Jongdae caught her wrist and pulled her closer to him; their faces were inch away already.

“Everytime I called you ‘Sejeong’, you will always denying and tell me other name, why? Do you hate me that much? I'm sorry I told you. I'm really sorry!”

Woori shook her head, but still no matter how scared she was right now, she managed to put a smile on her face. It was a small one, though. Woori was new in here so she doesn’t know much of what happened, but she absolutely confused and have no idea why he acted that way. Jongdae was about to get a little harsher when a few guys came and held onto him. Jongdae was struggling wildly in their arms, shaking his head and screaming out loud, telling them to let him go but they will never let him go for sure especially when he started it again.

"Let me go. I need to talk to my wife!" Jongdae exclaimed, those men pulled him away a little bit more and holding onto him tighter. Jongdae's face was getting red from the struggle and the shouts.

"Please, I want to see my wife! I want to talk to Sejeong!"

Doctor Namjoon came to the scene immediately after a person, who as well a resident in there running to him, telling him that Jongdae started to cause a scene again to another female doctor. Meanwhile, Woori was panicked, she doesn't know the detailed yet because she just arrived there but she knew it was not good to treat him that way. Felt pity towards Jongdae, she was about to let those men released Jongdae from their harsh and tight grip before Namjoon cut her first.

“Enough, Kim Jongdae. She’s not your Park Sejeong. That’s Doctor Woori.”

“No. She’s Sejeong. She’s absolutely Sejeong. She's coming back to me!”

“ENOUGH!”

Namjoon knew he absolutely needs to be harsh with Jongdae because he couldn’t be tamed anymore. He was also the reasons why this hospital has less female doctors because to him everyone is Sejeong. Namjoon moved his head to the side, signaling those workers to drag Jongdae away from the park towards his room so they can give him a shot to calm him down.

“I’m sorry but please, follow me.” Namjoon said.

 


 

Namjoon placed the file down on top of the table, right in front of Woori. Woori looked up and down from Namjoon to the file for several times. He invited Woori to come inside of his office so he could explain of what happened earlier, to avoid another female doctor resigned from the hospital and changed into another hospital.

“He was right, though.”

“Hm? What do you mean, Senior Namjoon?”

“You, Sejeong. Both of you have the same look.” Namjoon said, nodding his head and flipped the file opened to the page where two pictures of the same female were clipped together with a description. Woori was gasping surprisingly when she noticed another picture of the female; she looked absolutely different from another picture. She was pale and bloated. She looked horrible. Woori quickly covered as she realized that she was being rude.

“It’s okay. I was also surprised when I received his file.” Namjoon chuckled.

Woori lowered her head down, bowing apologetically. Namjoon took the file and flipped it into another page, letting the female to read the little details about Kim Jongdae and about his relationship with the female from the picture earlier, Park Sejeong.

"Kim Jongdae, an architect in NH Architecture Company, who achieved a lot of recognition from the buildings he designed..."

Woori shifted her gaze from the profile, looking at Namjoon who have a smile on his face. He nodded his head, telling her that he knew she must be confused of how a great architect could end up here with the others patients. Namjoon flipped into another page, tapped onto the paper lightly.

"Here. Read this."

"Jongdae and Sejeong...." Woori started to read the story of Jongdae that stated in the file.

 

This is the story of Kim Jongdae;

 

He lowered his bum down on the chair across the female, smiling as he offered his hand to the female.

“Kim Jongdae, the one who interviewed you for the scholarship.” Jongdae introduced himself; he was having this famous small smirk on his face.

She was startled when suddenly a man came to her and offered her a handshake but yes, she did remember him. He was the one who looking so serious that caused her to get pretty nervous, believing that she had already screwed the interview when she was actually doing it pretty well. Sejeong stood up, bowing her head down to the male.

“Sejeong. Park Sejeong. The third year diploma student, 22 years old, architecture course, is applying the scholarship for my Bachelor Degree.”

Kim Jongdae burst into a light laugh when the female stood up from her seat just to bow down to him. He shook his head, gesturing her to sit down.

"I know. I was the one who interviewed you."

"Yes, you're and you're actually pretty scary there, Mr. Kim."

Jongdae quickly shook his head with the eyes were closed, he hummed 'na'ah' whilst swinging his finger side to side. He looked at the female who was looking at him nervously, fiddling with the edge of her top. Jongdae stared her. Sejeong quickly looked away, getting shy with the deep stare and nibbling her lower lip in a nervous manner.

"Oppa. I think I prefer you calling me Jongdae oppa instead of Mr. Kim."

"O-Oppa?" she asked, lifting an eyebrow up and Jongdae nodded his head.

        That's how those two persons; Jongdae and Sejeong met with each other and their love towards each other bloomed prettily.

Two years have passed after they know each other; Jongdae was 27 years old, still the architect of the company meanwhile Sejeong is now 24 years old, the last year student for her Bachelor Degree of Architecture – the only different happened in between those two persons, they were already getting married with each other. Their love life was went through up and down for few times already, especially when Jongdae was actually a hot-tempered person and always getting jealous with everyone who being around Sejeong. Just by a smile curved by Sejeong to a male, Jongdae will straight away attacking Sejeong; asking her what’s the intention between that smile, pressuring Sejeong until her tears will streaming down across her cheeks.

He stood in front of her, all tall that caused Sejeong needs to lift her chin up in order to look at him in the eyes, because to Jongdae, every time he was talking, Sejeong have to look into his eyes if not he will consider Sejeong lying to him or not giving a damn to his words.

“I told you not to talk with any men because I don’t like it.”

“That’s was just my classmate. He asked me which brand of colour pencils I used to draw my project. That’s all.”

“Why is it had to be you, why not the others?”

“You knew I mostly being the top student in my class and university, right? That’s why.”

“That’s a lie.”

“I’m not a liar. Stop it, Kim Jong—“

Pang.

A slap threw across her cheek. Yes, Kim Jongdae slapped her. He always did that. Whenever he couldn’t control his emotion or jealousy, Jongdae will accidentally hitting or slapping Sejeong. The girl was so soft and weak, the only she could so was crying. Jongdae was shaking though. Every time he did that, his hand was going to tremble. His orbs were moving side to side since the guilt was slowly filling inside of him. He quickly pulled her into a tight hug, furiously shaking his head as he uttered the same word over and over again.

"I'm sorry. I'm really sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you."

"It's alright."

"No, you must be mad at me now."

"I'm not."

"I'm so sorry. I just loved you so much so I got scared. I'm so so so sorry, Sejeong."

"It's alright. I forgive you."

"I love you so much, Kim Sejeong."

But yes, she never left. Because she knew Jongdae didn’t mean to do it at all. How? Because every time he slapped or hit her, he was the one who burst into tears and begging her for forgiveness, telling her that he couldn’t help it but to be jealous. He explained that he was so insecure to the other guys, because he thought he was not good enough for Sejeong.

Hitting her or sometimes cursing her, that didn’t stop Sejeong for agreeing in marrying Kim Jongdae. Two years passed and that’s when thing happened, thing happened that caused him to be the now Kim Jongdae.

One day,

He was scattering and throwing everything across their apartment, he was looking for something, Sejeong knew he was losing his mind now and she knew she ed up this time.

‘I shouldn’t tell him this. I thought being honest will be okay.’

Sejeong thought to herself as she tried to stop Jongdae from keep throwing things, scratching her head as she tried to figure out something. She tried to back hugging him but it didn’t work, it didn’t help it at all. Jongdae was pushing her away instead of standing still and trying to be calm.

“Jongdae, please. Please listen to me, baby.”

“No. I won’t forgive that guy for touching my wife.”

“He was just helping me. I was about to fall so he caught me.”

“He was intentionally doing it!” Jongdae shouted in Sejeong’s face.

Sejeong bit her lower lip. She told him because she doesn’t want him to listen it from someone else that could tell him the other way of what happened but even from her own mouth, Jongdae was already losing his mind.

“Jongdae—“

“I’m going to kill that guy—“

“Jongdae…”

“Sejeong?”

“J-Jong-Jongdae…”

“N-No..”

Sejeong held onto his arms, gripping onto his arms tightly as she pressing her lips into a thin line. Then, she quickly bit onto her lower lip as it started to tremble. Sejeong cried in pain. Her eyes were still widening in shock from what happened.

Jongdae started to get panic.

"N-No...Sejeong."

"Jongdae...h-hurt..."

He accidentally stabbed into Sejeong. He was looking for the knife, a knife because his head was occupied with an idea of killing the man who held her wife. Sejeong was holding onto his shoulder, trying to turn him around because she wants to cup his face, trying to calm him by staring into his eyes but it went to the other way. When she called Jongdae, Jongdae was already holding onto a knife so when he turned around, the knife directly stabbed into his wife.

“S-Sejeong…”

Sejeong was getting weak; blood was dripping out slowly from her stomach and all over the floor now including Jongdae’s hand. She muttered his name but there’s no sound produced. Her eyes were getting cloudy and weaker. Don’t know what he should really do, Jongdae pulled the knife away and quickly hugged Sejeong.

"Sejeong, forgive me. Sejeong..."

Due to losing a lot of blood, Sejeong was slowly dying in his arms that day.

"No. No! No, you're not leaving me. Wake up!" Jongdae cried out, shaking his wife but there's no voice coming out.

       Sejeong died. 

Jongdae, who still can’t accept that his beloved Sejeong died because of him, didn’t make a report about what happened at all. Jongdae didn’t call the neighbours. Jongdae didn’t call the police. And he didn’t call Sejeong’s friends too. The only call he made was to his company, telling he couldn’t come to work because he is not feeling well. Jongdae kept her body with him. Jongdae was pretending, no, Jongdae was still believed that Sejeong was alive. He thought Sejeong was playing arounfd with him, pretending that she was died.

"Do you want chicken soup today? I'll go buy the chicken now, okay? Wait for me."

He cooked for Sejeong. He showered Sejeong. He put on nice clothes for Sejeong. He kissed Sejeong and he brought Sejeong to lie down on the bed together. It keeps going for several days already, Sejeong’s body was getting smelly but it didn’t bother Jongdae at all. To him, Sejeong smells good and he loves it. He brought Sejeong to bathroom to shower her if flies started to ‘coat’ all over her body, nagging at the flies for touching his wife.

"What are you doing? Stop bothering my wife!" said Jongdae, hand was moving around to chase the flies away from her dead body. He was growling but then smiling again when he looked down at Sejeong. He cupped her face with his right hand, the pale cheek with his thumb gently. He leaned down to press his lips against her cold pale forehead.

"Come. Let me carry you to the bathroom and I'll help you shower again. I bought vanilla fragrance shower cream, the one that you like so much and those flies will stop bothering you for sure." Jongdae said, chuckling then he slowly s his hands under her body, lifting her up towards the bathroom.

End of his craziness when Sejeong’s friends; Kwon Mina and Kim Taehyung came to their apartment. Both of them were sneaking into their apartment after Jongdae went out to buy some stuff from the market as he said he was going to cook for Sejeong. Mina and Taehyung was actually came around for few times already because it was weird Sejeong didn’t attend classes for several days, skipping the quizzes, tests and didn't attend the assignment discussion as well  without informing both of them what happened and without informing the university too. Jongdae always said that Sejeong went out or Sejeong was sleeping, sometimes he didn't open the door too.

          They decided to break in if he didn't allow them get inside again.

“Sejeong’s here?”

“Yes.”

“Can I meet her?” Taehyung asked, it caused Jongdae to give him a sharp glare because he really hates a man try to get close to his wife. Mina who did noticed the situation, quickly elbowing Taehyung, signalling him to shut up.

“He meant, can we meet her?” Mina asked again, fixing the question Taehyung threw to Jongdae because she knew about Jongdae's jealousy towards men who's involved with his wife. 

“No.”

“Why?”

“She’s sick. Very bad.”

“What?! Then, please let us meet her. Please.”

“She doesn’t want to. She just wants to rest.”

With that, Jongdae slammed the door against their faces. It caused Mina and Taehyung got curious. No matter what happened, Sejeong will always tell them especially since they were friends since they were in college for Diploma together. That's why Mina planned to sneak into Jongdae's apartment. Her intention was actually because she wanted to meet Sejeong, especially after Jongdae said she was sick. It turned out to be something else.

           After sneaking in, Mina closed as she felt like throwing up due to the smell inside the apartment.

“What was that? Why so stinky?”

“I don’t know. It smells like something die. Like cat die, y’know?”

“But Sejeong is allergic to furs and you know that, Taehyung.”

“I know but that’s what it is really smelt. Ah, I’m going to puke. Let’s go out.”

“No. Not until we meet Sejeong.” Mina stopped Taehyung and pulled him closer.

"I never know a rich guy and Sejeong could be horrible. Didn't they throw out their rubbish?" Taehyung rolled his eyes.

Mina shot him a glare and Taehyung quickly gave her a sheepish grin. "Let's go. Sejeong must be resting...."

Before she could finish her sentence, Mina was shocked after pushing the door of the master bedroom opened, revealing a dead body on the bed with a a beautiful floral printed skirt matched with a dark top, revealed more of how pale and bloodless Sejeong's body was - her body was bloated and flies were everywhere around Sejeong’s body. No matter how Jongdae was actually lighted on the scented candles inside the bedroom, the smell of the dead body was too much. 

Mina was crying already. She was gripping onto Taehyung's arm tightly.

Taehyung was stunned, his eyes were widened in disbelief but he slowly pulled Mina into a hug although he tried his best to hold himself from vomiting.

"C-Call police. H-Hospital..." Mina said, was shaking, so she passed the phone out to Taehyung and quickly he dialed the police’s number, making report about the dead body and giving them the address to Jongdae's house.

Once Jongdae was arrived at the apartment, he got all furious and mixed with scared feelings of how people might disturb his wife and took her away from him when he saw policemen and other few people from his neighbourhood as well as another few people in uniforms were everywhere at his apartment. He got even madder when he saw a police took and placed Sejeong’s dead body inside a big black bag.

“What are you doing with wife? She’s scared of the dark!” Jongdae screamed. He barged between those police and his neighbours, throwing the food that he bought and  running towards his wife, trying to pull the zip opened.

“Sir, your wife was dead already.”

“She’s not! She’s still alive. She’s just sick. Can’t you see I’m buying meat? She asked for that this morning.” Jongdae glared to the police who tried to zip the bag again. Jongdae was actually glaring to everyone who filled inside of his apartment. He took Sejeong's body out from the black bag, cradled her body protectively in his arms.

"Shush, don't scared. I won't let them take you away from me." Jongdae murmured, pulling Sejeong's body closer to him.

Mina cupped in surprised and she tried to muffle her cry as it got louder than earlier. Mina shook her head as she noticed something's weird with Jongdae now. Mina turned around and buried her face against Taehyung's chest, mumbling few words.

"Jongdae..she's died already."

"Don't listen to her." Jongdae shook his head, covering Sejeong's ear and pecked her forehead for several times whilst rocking her body in his arms. "You're just sick. Not feeling well. What is wrong with them?"

The policeman who stood behind him shook his head, he was sighing. Jongdae had lost his mind already. Everyone felt pity to him, especially an auntie who was so close to him and Sejeong - she was crying when she witnessed the scene. The policemen got no other choices except to tell the hospital staffs to bring him away or he will never let Sejeong's body go.

"No no no! Don't take my wife away! She need me."

Jongdae cried out, tugging his hand away from those people who tried to drag him away from Sejeong. Tears were staining his cheeks, not willing to let his wife go. Never. Jongdae was admitted to the mental hospital after that incident.

Until now, he still couldn’t accept that his wife was died.

Until now, he thought people was separating Sejeong away from him.

Until now, he thought Sejeong was leaving him and not wanting to find him back.

                   The truth, he was the one who killed her.

 


 

“That’s was surprising. When I first arrived, I did notice him and I was wondering if he was really should be in here since he looked normal and absolutely charming compared to the others.” Woori said, slowly closing the file closed.

“I was first surprised, especially when I knew he was an architect. A young and successful one.”

“That’s pitiful. I wish I could help him be better." She said, sighing and leaned against the chair whilst staring at the file's picture. Jongdae's picture.

"Maybe you can. Maybe not."

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------

 

A one shot from about Kim Jongdae because my friend and I was all over Jongdae
due to the latest photoshoot.
Angst one? Is it good? What do you think?
Don't forget to leave me comments about your thought and don't forget to upvote.
Muah, readers!