(1)

Play it one more time

The light blinded him as he struggled to open his eyes. His body ached all over yet he attempted to get up from his lying position. 

With much effort, the young man was able to prop himself up using his elbows despite them trembling. 

Finally, when he opened his eyes, he was met with a wall, a white wall. Glancing around him, he saw nothing but white walls, the walls that encompassed him, trapping him. 

Within the supposed room, the young man felt vulnerable, more vulnerable than he already was. 

Instead of getting up and trying to find a way out, he plopped back down, ignoring the sting that came with the impact of the fall. 

"Will you not find your way out?" 

A voice inquired. 

The voice seemed to echo and surround him all over. 

"Who are you?"

"You need not know who I am but instead, answer my question. Will you not get up and find your way out?" 

The young who chose to sat up simply shrugged, his legs now crossed and hands resting in the middle. "I have a slight idea of where I am, and who you are." 

"Do you now?" The voice questioned again, this time, holding an amused tone. 

The young man nodded. "Aren't you God? I'm most likely dead, aren't I? Well, at least I made it safe to heaven." 

He joked lightly, though deep inside, it didn't feel too nice knowing that he was dead. 

The voice laughed quietly. "I'm afraid that you are wrong. I am most definitely not God and you, aren't dead. Well yet." 

"Yet? Then does that mean I will be soon?" 

"Alright, alright, quit asking questions, just answer mine." 

The man sighed dramatically. "Fine, I won't, happy now?" He lied down once again, his hands resting on his stomach but his eyes opened this time. 

"Why?" 

This question made the man think about it for a second before replying. "Because I'm tired. Tired of everything." 

"Everything?" 

"Okay, maybe not everything." This caused his lips to twitch a little as if he was hiding a small smile. 

"Tell me about it." 

"You know you're quite nosy right?" The man narrowed his eyes. 

"So I've heard," The voice replied back, waiting for the man to keep talking. 

"I would entertain you with my little stories but I'm afraid I don't remember." The man sighed with a dejected expression as he stared up at the white ceiling. 

"Hm?" 

"I remember bits. I remember a smile, a pair of white teeth, a beautiful eye smile, gums, a deep voice. These were the things I know I loved most." 

"If you know that you love these things so much, why don't you leave this place? Go back to where you belong." 

The man shook his head. "You don't understand, it's just... complicated."

"Please, please just take me away..." His voice trembled as he whispered while slowly closing his eyes.

"Are you sure?"

"Yes," he whispered, "but you would mind granting me a favor?"

The voice said nothing, waiting for the young man to continue on speaking.

"Let me relive this moment one more time," He breathed, "if you would just play it one more time."

"Which moment?"

"This," He slowly and gently moved one of his index fingers to his forehead and touched the area between his eyebrows. He wasn't sure which moment, he just knew that there was something that he wanted to see again, someone he wanted to see.

° ° °

"Yah, Bang Yongguk! Do you like Tigger more than me?" 

"No Princess, you know I love you the most." A deep voice replied. 

"Shut up with the Princess thing, I hate you!" A man sulked, turning his back and walking away only to be held back by the man who went by the name of Yongguk. 

"You don't mean that." Yongguk turned the man before him around to stare into his eyes. 

They had a staring contest before the man broke out into a goofy smile, revealing his bunny teeth. The smile lasted for a second before the man hid his teeth and feigned a sulky face again. 

"I do mean it. I mean it from the bottom of my heart." The man declared, crossing his arms like a child. 

"Okay, okay, now what can I do to prove my everlasting love to you." Yongguk grinned, holding his hands up in surrender. 

His partner cringed at the everlasting love part before struggling to keep his face straight again. "Kiss me." 

"Well, that's easy." Yongguk chuckled, leaning in and pecking his partner's lips. "Could've just asked." 

"Again." The man mumbled, pretending to not be impressed. 

Yongguk repeated his action only to be told to do it again. 

"Your highness, pardon me if I'm being rude but how long do I have to do this for?" Yongguk asked with a gummy smile stretched across his face. 

His question finally brought his partner's smile back before he was given an answer. "Forever." 

"So you're saying you want to be with me forever?" 

"Just shut up and kiss me." 

"Yes, your highness." 

° ° ° 

They walked side by side in the dark, hands clasped. Neither of the two spoke but instead listened to the howls of the night wind and the crunching of the autumn leaves under their feet. The lights of the park were dim that they could not see too far ahead of them but as they approached another light, they were able to see what they couldn't before. 

Yongguk hummed to the rhythm of a song while his partner swung their entwined hands. "What are you humming to?" 

"I don't know, it's just been stuck in my head." While saying this, Yongguk was trying hard to dig around his mind for the song because he knew the man beside him was dying of curiosity. 

They kept walking aimlessly before the curious man stopped. "I can't, either you stop humming to it or you tell me." 

Yongguk laughed. "I'm trying baby, but it's catchy." 

The man whined. "At least tell me the name." 

Yongguk took a seat on an unoccupied bench, his partner following suit, staring at him with an excited glint in his eyes. Yongguk could tell that the man was happy thinking that he'd found the name to the song. "Give me a few more seconds." 

"Well, how many do you need." 

"20, no wait make it 40." 

"1"

"2" 

"3" 

"4" 

"W-Wait, you can't just start already!" Yongguk panicked, closing his eyes to focus on thinking.

"10" 

"11"

"12"

"13" 

"You're counting too fast, it's not fair. I demand you count it with a phone timer." Yongguk declared, pulling out his phone. 

"I trust my counting skills so no." The man retorted, proceeding to count. 

Yongguk was really straining his brain now to think of the title of the song. 

"35"

"36"

"37"

"38"

"39"

"40" 

"You're time is up~~" The man sing songed loudly. 

Yongguk groaned. "You're a cheat." 

However, at the corner of his eyes, he saw a pile of dried leaves, piled on top of each other. His hand closer to it sneakily reach for a handful before tossing it at his partner's face. While doing so, the man stood up to run. "Yah Bang Yongguk!" 

Yongguk knew that he was currently being chased therefore he kept running but eventually he decided to slow down and turn around. His arms opened wide as he allowed the still running man crash into his body. Yongguk wrapped his arms tightly around the slightly shorter male before leaning into his ear and whispering. "It's I Love You, Kim Himchan."  

° ° ° 

"Kim Himchan." The man on the floor repeated, tears dripping from the sides of his eyes, wetting his hair and ears slightly.  

"Bang Yongguk." He then whispered, with a sad smile hanging at his lips. His arm covered his eyes as he sniffled. 

"Now that I've shown you, what will you do?" The voice intercepted his thoughts. 

Himchan shook his head. "I don't know. I don't know." His voice quiet but held the many pains hidden deep inside of him. 

"I'll tell you what you want. You want to go back don't you?" 

"No, you don't know what I want." 

"I do." 

"NO! NO, YOU DON'T!" Himchan screamed, now standing, with his hands clenched at his sides. 

"I do." The voice repeated. 

Himchan shook his head, his hands lifting to cover his ears as he broke down. "You don't know me. You don't know what I want." He cried, tears falling from his eyes and dripping onto the ground. 

"I know you Himchan, I know what you want." 

Himchan kept shaking his head in denial. 

"Himchan, I am you." 

The man shut his eyes tightly as if it could take him away or as if closing his eyes would make the voice disappear. 

Instead of hearing the voice again, voices from a distance was heard. Hesitantly, Himchan opened his eyes and found himself in a dark hallway. He lifted his head to look forward and saw a door, a black door. Turning his head back to look over his shoulder, he found the door to the room that he was most likely just in, the white room with the white door. He turned around to face the white door, taking small steps at a time. He didn't want to go back, back to reality. 

Himchan stopped in front of the white door, contemplating for a second before taking a deep breath. "No, this isn't right." 

He turned back and began running towards the black door. Without thinking much, the man grabbed the knob and twisted the door open, giving it a rough push.

He'd ran back.

Back to reality.  


Author's Note: Hello, fellow people... My name is Mo and this is my first published fanfic as you can probably tell. I've just joined like today, February 18 or as the website declare, the 19th. 

Uh... Within this one shot, I'm not sure if you guys will be able to get the story or like the "moral", I guess? It might be a little vague because I literally just jammed a whole bunch of things together based on one little idea. However, I will not be telling you guys but rather, try and entertain me with your little theories, lol. (I'm such a terrible person :D) Anyways, I won't be keeping you guys long but hopefully, this story was good enough to keep you guys entertained. ^^ 

-Mo