To Where My Heart Belongs

Belong Together

There they are, sitting next to each other in a coffee shop. Kyungsoo stays silent, just gripping her cup of coffee, while her thought is flying to other thing, or rather someone.

“Are you okay, Noona?” a young handsome next to him ask her worriedly.

Kyungsoo sighs before answer him with a weak smile, “Yeah.. I’m okay, Jongin. Don’t worry..”.

For the nth times they hang around together, you can call it a date because Jongin meant to ask her out. But tonight is different, guilty feeling envelopes Kyungsoo. She feels guilty because she always accepted Jongin’s offer to hang out together, even though she never count it as a date. Or maybe she feels guilty because she’s just missing him so much.


Do Kyungsoo is a vocal coach who’s now working with Kim Jongin in a musical project. Jongin is actually a famous singer and dancer who is now trying his career in acting as well. Jongin never hesitated to show his interest towards Kyungsoo. He really loves her voice and he thinks she’s a wonderful girl in person. Although Kyungsoo already told him that she’s already married, but he never care. He has caught her crying many times, and it hurts him so much to see her like that.

Jongin gave so much care for her since that day, trying his best to cheer her up every time she felt down. Yes, Kyungsoo’s marriage is not in a healthy condition. It’s because her husband, a successful composer named Park Chanyeol is busy with some famous artists, composing music for them. For these past months, Chanyeol rarely spent his time with his wife, keeping himself in the studio while his wife is busy with the musical. But they know they still love each other no matter what happen.

And when Kyungsoo feels like needing someone beside her, Jongin came to her. With all his care and sweetness, Kyungsoo couldn’t help but feel flattered, somehow. So, she accepted his offer to just have a coffee together or dinner. She can’t deny that she likes talking with him.

She feels comfortable around Jongin, and she can enjoy the moment she spent with him. He can make her laugh, and it means a lot to her, because she kinda feel depressed if she thinks about her beloved husband being busy with other people. No, she’s not jealous. It’s just she missed their moment together.

And now she is thinking again, where am i? What am i doing now? Why am i doing this? It feels like she’s betraying Chanyeol for too much spending time with Jongin, even though they didn’t do anything more than that. That’s why she feels guilty towards his husband.

She feels hot tears threaten to fall from her eyes, and Jongin can sense it. “Noona...” he reach her hand, but Kyungsoo avoids his gaze and hand.

“I told you I’m fine! Please, don’t ask again...” she turns away and wipes the tears in the corner of her eyes furiously. But she knows she can’t be mad at him, she breathes out and apologize, “I’m sorry i didn’t mean to get mad at you.”

“It’s okay, i understand...” Jongin stays calm, rubbing her shoulder hesitantly.

“I think i should go home right now.” She fixes her face and belongings quickly, but still avoiding his eyes. This is just wrong.

“Let me take you home then, it’s almost midnight.” He answers so patiently but really mean it.

“No need, I’ll take a cab as usual.” She’s firm, getting up from her seat.

“Are you sure, Noona?” He’s worried, getting up as well and trying to grip her wrist. But she only nods her head, not bother to look at him.

“I’m sorry for all of this, Jongin. I’m going now.” With that she leaves him dumbfounded. Jongin sighs in defeat, he somehow already knew this is going to come. You know i love you, but your happiness is my priority.


 

~~~~~
 


It’s already ten minutes after midnight. She enters their condominium silently, feeling tired but relieved at the same time. A smile is forming on her face. I’m home, honey. To where my heart belongs.

She expects to see Chanyeol in his mini studio but she can’t find him there. So, she goes straightly to their room. There he is, sitting on the chair, working with some papers and laptop on the desk. Probably it’s his compositions.

Kyungsoo comes close to him, encircling her arms around his neck from behind then put her head close to his. Then she kisses his cheek sweetly.

“Hey...” Chanyeol greets her first in his low voice, facing his wife. “Did you have fun at the party?” yes, she said she will attend a party for the musical.

“I miss you... so much, honey...” She buries her face on his neck. She’s not answering his question, but he smiles seeing her sudden attitude. He her hair then kisses her head, “I miss you too, sweetheart. I’m sorry I’ve been busy these days.”

 

But then he feels her shaking and sniffling. “Hey hey, are you okay?” He lifts her face to see her crying.

“I’m sorry, Chanyeol-ah.. I really am sorry..” she’s stubbornly keeping her face on his neck to avoid his eyes, because if she look at him, she will feel more guilty. She can’t just say that she’s been hanging around with another guy, right?

“Sorry for what, sweetie? Okay, look at me now.” Chanyeol unwraps her hands around him, and let himself to see her swollen face. He wipes her tears in concern, then taps his thighs. “Come here.” He takes her to sit on his lap.

“Wanna talk about it? What’s wrong, baby? Tell me... because it is supposed to be my fault for ignoring you lately.” His hands are around her waist protectively while hers around his neck. Then he pecks her pout lips.

“It’s nothing... I just missed you, a lot.” She hugs him dearly.

He chuckles amusedly, “Why are you suddenly being a crybaby? Okay, let’s forget this, let’s start again. I promise i won’t ignore you anymore. We will spend more quality time after all of this are finished. I love you so much, Kyungsoo.” He hums, inhaling her sweet scent. It’s a short finale, but consist everything they need now. It makes her feel relieved. Every thing seems simple now.

She pulls apart to look at him in the eyes for a while, feeling his love through his gaze. “Why are you always good with words?” she smiles with her heart-shape mouth, leaning their foreheads together. “I love you too.” And now it’s her turn to peck his lips, “So so much”. But then he pulls her for a short deep kiss. “I know, baby.”

“You have to make it up to me.” she pouts, release her hands from his neck.

“Well, i can make it up to you tonight, baby...” he playfully winks, making her blush and her ears red.

“We are married for months, but why are you still so shy in front of me, hmm?” he teases her blushing wife, tickling her sides that makes her giggling.

“No, I am not!” She hits his chest. “But.. but your words always make me nervous.” She looks down, playing with her blouse hem. Chanyeol just can’t help it when he sees his wife being all so shy like this, she just looks so cute. So he pinches her cheek softly.

“Okay then, Princess. I won’t talk a lot now.” He quickly gets up and carries her to the bed, ignoring her complaints and some hits on his chest.

“Yah, Park Chanyeol!”

“You asked for this, baby. No complaint please.” He drops her gently on the bed and kiss her button nose sweetly. 

 

And they are giggling between the sweet kisses.

 

~~~~~<3~~~~~

 

originally written for other couple but I re-wrote to fit chansoo. I'm thinking to continue this as drabbles of episode in their married life. But I'm not sure... should I?