Autumn's Whisper

Autumn's Whisper

Autumn's here again .

 

Autumn , the season you loved the most .

 

The season where you used to adore the alluring scent of cherry blossoms .

 

"Tae Heon-ya , can you stop the time ? So that we could stay like this .... for eternity?" I unconsciously chuckled over your wish . How could I possibly grant what you desire?

"Of course I can't . But there's something I can do ...."

I still remember the scent of your hair when you leaned on my shoulder .

Under the cherry blossom tree , I crooned our favourite love song .

 

Nothing's gonna change my love for you

You oughta know by now how much I love you

One thing you can be sure of

I'll never ask for more than your love

Nothing's gonna change my love for you

You oughta know by now how much I love you

The world may change my whole life through

But nothing's gonna change my love for you

 

"Tae Heon .... thank you ."

Your words of gratitude often frightened me ... and you said it again that day , admiring the dancing petals of cherry blossoms in the air .

Honestly , I hated it .

And yet I couldn't stop you from uttering those two words either .

Reluctantly , I gathered you in my arms as tears glistened in my eyes .

"We can get through this , have faith in me . We will , I know ." I glanced at the swollen back of your palm where a needle was jabbed . My smile vanished as I could strangely sense the pain you endured , but you've been smiling all along  you're not the kind of person who would easily bawl and succumb over hardships .

 

 "You'll be happy even without me by your side , right ?"

"Shhh . Please , don't say so ."

The thought of your absence left a wound to my already bruised heart .

And up until now , I still couldn't send you away .

You're forever a part of my life .

 

I failed to hold back the overflowing emotions , and ended up burying my face into your shoulder with tears streaming down my pale cheeks .

You patted my back with those gentle hands of yours and whispered the words I longed to hear ;

"I love you , Kim Tae Heon . Higher than the blue sky , deeper than the ocean , wider than the vast desert .... more than anything."

I looked up to see your face , and a drop of crystal clear bead slid down from your shining eyes as you confessed .

"You mean the world to me , I love you too ." I replied without hesitation , my heart fluttered in sheer happiness when you held my face in between your palms .

A cherry blossom petal fell onto your hair , and as I brushed it off , I pressed a soft kiss to the top of your head .

As always , you just smiled .

I leaned your head back on my shoulder and together , for the very last time , we locked the vivid colour of the blue sky inside our hearts .

I let my gaze linger on your glowing visage without even blinking .

Your eyes slid closed , and our intertwined hands started to loosen . Inside your grasp I saw a piece of neatly folded paper .

 

Kim Tae Heon-ya ~ My Superman .

By the time you're reading this barely decent letter , I might be already gone from this world .

Don't cry . You know how much I hate to see you sad , right ?

Tae Heon-ya . You're the missing piece of my soul . Words cannot rephrase my love for you .

But .... I realized I'm not as perfect as others . I've been suffering from this heart cancer for two years already , but the pain seemed to disappear when you're around , when you're near to me .

Your presence somehow brought a ray of hope into my life .... and because of you , I was able to live longer than I had expected.

I'm sorry I wasn't able to repay all your kindness towards me .

I'm sorry you shed your tears because of me .

And ... I'm sorry I wasn't able to spend my life making you happy . For everything I've said and done , I apologize .

Tae Heon-ya ,

When I'm no longer here ... Don't live the rest of your life grieving over what had happened . Find someone better , and be happy.

Wherever you go , whatever you do .... I'll be praying for you from afar . Farewell .

Your Love .

 

I gasped as my brain interpreted every single word I read from your letter . I turned to look at you again .

"You're asleep ?" I lured myself into my own lie to see your peaceful face with eyes closed leaning on my trembling shoulder .

You're smiling , you're really asleep .

But this time you won't open your eyes anymore .

I just sat there , paralyzed , with tears ceaselessly drenching my face .

 

Under the pink veils of cherry blossom tree , on the first day of Autumn ....

You left me .

 

Seasons changed — Winter , Summer , Spring , and Autumn again .... and three years have passed since that fateful day .

Sure , I was able to shake off this unhappy past and move on .....

But your love prevails in my soul .

I stood still with my head up , the sunlight seemed to whisper something through the tree .

It's your voice saying , 'Thank you , for loving me .'

A soft smile curved the corners of my lips as I gazed at your calming face painted on the blue autumn sky .

 

"Be happy ...."

I silently prayed before I left , leaving behind the memories we've both made under the shady cherry blossom tree .

Kiss me goodbye for love's memory

Follow your heart and find your destiny

Don't shed a tear for love's mortality

For you put the dream in my reality

Kiss me goodbye for love's mystery
 
All of my life I'll hold you close to me

Don't shed a tear for love's mortality

For you put the dream in my reality

**********************************************************************************************************************************

Bwahahahaha ! Cheesy much ? :'( I've been dying to write a one-shot lately , and yeah . This fic is the outcome . I wrote this yesterday and to my surprise , I managed to finish this in 3 hours ! Haha , quick enough for such a slow person like me .

I don't know .... but I think this fic is an Epic Fail . ==" Too late to turn back now tho .

Praises and Critics are most welcome ! Do comment ! :D

Thank you for reading . =)

-AsheLovesInfinite-