for the last time

Asylum +vixx

lee hongbin was born and raised a rich family. yes, that kind of smoking hot guy with an incredible brain, he graduated from a prestige school with some amazing marks higher than anyone can ever get.  now he's a psychologist, and has thus far known for having all the mental patients he had treated turn stable, or at least or almost stable. ah, how he could treat mental patients, but yet at the same time, drive a sane person crazy. well, yes, even if all he did was glance at her.

but the same hongbin found himself at the entrance of a nightclub. the sculicinating neon signboards and loud music mercilessly were stealing away the ataraxy from him, but hongbin found them refreshing. treating patients in the mental asylum was a silent emotional rollercoaster ride from him; but here, every confusion and heartache is poured out and felt vividly with wine glasses and drunk dancing.

hongbin navigated his way round the club and finally laid his eyes on the girl dangling upside down on the pole. there he stared at her like she held his entire galaxy, and he was sure it wasn't because of anything on her outer appearance. she wasn't the prettiest girl he had seen, nor did she have a very good figure, or even a good background.. tons of girls with such assets would be willing to throw themselves on to him. up till now, hongbin have lived in perfection for way too long to be looking for even more.

hyejin finished her pole dance and drunken cheers resounded around her. normally, she would've been giggling insanely or falling on the floor flat on her face. but today she held herself away from alcohol. to see someone with a clear head and vision, someone special.

hyejin spots him in the crowd before her, and she let a small smile creep up her lips, eyes glinting with excitement like an innocent child as she made her way down towards hongbin.

"oppa! you came!" hyejin chirped smiling. there was a glint in his eyes as hongbin returned her smile, his dimples stealing away the border between cute and charming. 

"of course."

"thank you, for never breaking your promises. " this time her smile look a little mirthless, so did hongbin's. even though they were happy for one another's presence, the space between them lingered with so much sadness to have their true feelings understood. hyejin does not understand why she feels this way, she never understood anything anyways. only hongbin knows. 

"sit down." hongbin tilted his head to the bar stool at his side. hyejin did what he said, groaning a little as her aching legs hurt when she bent it to get up the chair. she rubs her ankle with a small pout on her face, earning a low chuckle from hongbin. 

"the usual." hongbin pushes forward a glass of wine. everytime he comes, they would always end with a drunk kiss. no, not exactly a drunk kiss, but what do you call a kiss with one drunk and the other fully sober? most of the time when she wakes, she could barely remember what had happened, except for a lingering bittersweetness on her lips. and that's for her to keep and cherish; a little gift from hongbin, that will last her for all the weeks he won't come to see her. 

"you have nothing to tell me?" hyejin said with a faint frown, but with thick, heavy disappointment rising from . she hasn't seen hongbin in such a long time, surely he had lots to say to her? she has a thousand things to speak to him too, she just don't know where to start. but before she could even say a word, the wine glass was already shoved into her face. hyejin let out a scoff. 

"i do, and i'll be straightforward with what i want to say. right now, i'm giving you a chance to drink this so it'd hurt lesser. if you think it works." 

"what are you going to say, that's going to hurt me so much? " she was fearful for what would come. her heart palpates way too much quicker than it ever did. she knew she rather escape then face it, it has always been her way of facing problems. "if it's that bad, then i don't want to hear it."

"i'm saying it whether or not you like it."  hyejin's eyes widen with unbeliveablenuss at the sudden change of attitude in hongbin. why was he being like this? what exactly is he trying to say? in an impulse, she said something she didn't know she would regret for a lifetime.

"say it, then."

all that needed to happen was for his father's words to draw back into his mind, and before his eyes. and once it did, hongbin looked straight into her eyes and said, 

"let's break up."