The Shocking Truth

That One Girl

Kwang Soo was really fast, but Jong Kook's curiosity was way stronger that it gave him the 'super strength' to match the tall guy running speed. Unfortunately, Jong Kook tripped over and fell when he was just few more steps away from the finish line - giving Kwang Soo the easy winning. The strong pain in his left ankle made Jong Kook groaning while both of his hands holding up his injured leg against his chest.

 

"Was it worth it?" Kwang Soo stared sharply at Jong Kook with hands at his waist. Because of the pain, Jong Kook merely responded with a hiss. He really wanted to scream furiously at the cold-hearted guy, but something unexpected happened. Kwang Soo reached out his hand to him, offering Jong Kook to stand up and even helped him to take a seat on the nearest bench. The tall guy noticed that Jong Kook was looking at him in confusion, "Wae? You thought I'd just leave you like this? I still have conscience, you know!"

 

A bitter smile appeared on Jong Kook's face, "Gomabta. I know deep inside you're a nice person, Kwang Soo."

Kwang Soo smirked and mumbled some words, "That's because she asked me to be nice to you."

"Did you say something?"

"Ah ni!" the tall guy immediately denied. After a moment of silence, he prompted a question to Jong Kook, "Yaa.. why are you so interested in Ji Hyo? How much do you know about her?"

"Can I be honest?" Jong Kook was slightly nervous to tell the truth. When Kwang Soo forced him to speak, he finally said, "I.. I think she knows me more than just a new guy in school."

Kwang Soo's eyes got bigger, "Mworago?"

 

Jong Kook carefully explained the 'incident' when he met Ji Hyo after Kwang Soo left. He even apologized for allowing the girl to 'hug' him, before getting accused of taking advantage of someone's girlfriend (or maybe just.. best friend) which could spread into rumours among the students. Once he spilled out his story, Jong Kook waited for Kwang Soo's reaction. It seemed like the tall guy was having a deep thought. As no word was spoken by Kwang Soo, Jong Kook filled in the silence, "Don't get me wrong. I was just.. trying to understand what she meant about something that I don't remember."

 

"Do you believe in fairies.. leprechauns and all other magical creatures?" Kwang Soo suddenly threw a strange question which made Jong Kook's mouth agape. Though he wasn't sure himself, the muscular guy still nodded. Kwang Soo then heaved a sigh, "Good. Cause Ji Hyo.. she's one of them. I'm guessing you're one too." "What do you mean by that?" Jong Kook was shocked to hear Kwang Soo's conclusion. It was impossible enough to accept that Ji Hyo isn't a human, and now he felt ridiculous with the theory that Kwang Soo just shared with him.

 

Judging from Jong Kook's facial expression, Kwang Soo knew that he didn't believe him, "Asked yourself. Did you ever get into an accident during your earlier childhood but you can't remember how it happened?"

Jong Kook nodded.

Kwang Soo continued, "Did you ever had dreams about being in a magical land where everyone else is.. not a human?"

"Omo. How did you.."

"That means you're already dead, Jong Kook. You're supposed to die during the accident, but she gave you a new life.. and I want to know why," Kwang Soo was very serious with his words.

At first he was speechless, but then Jong Kook forced a laugh and assumed that Kwang Soo was joking, "You almost had me there! Thanks for cheering me up, my friend. That was brilliant."

"Aish! Do you think I was lying?! Yaa! I'm serious!"

 

"Mianada. I didn't mean to be rude Kwang Soo. It's just.. your story.." Jong Kook tried hard to control his laughter, so Kwang Soo gave him a light 'kick' at his injured leg to make him stop. The muscular man screaming in pain, "Yaa! That hurts!". When Jong Kook had stopped laughing, Kwang Soo showed to him the strange 'necklace' that he wore everyday to school. "If I rub this pendant and call her name 3 times.. Ji Hyo will come. Shall I prove it?" Kwang Soo waited for Jong Kook to agree before 'summoning' the lady.

 

After the third time he mentioned her name, a cold wind hit them softly and quick. Just then, a female voice greeted the men from behind, "Kwang Soo.. waeyo?". Jong Kook spontaneously turned towards Ji Hyo, and now their eyes met. Seeing the reaction of the muscular man, Ji Hyo knew that her 'secret' was already revealed, "Kwang Soo aah.. did you just tell him everything?". The tall guy stood up from the bench and turned to face Ji Hyo, "I'm not sure if it's everything.. cause I have a question myself. Why did you choose him?"

 

"What are you talking about?" Ji Hyo pretended to be clueless while walking towards Kwang Soo and stood by his side. She knew Jong Kook was staring hard at her, but Ji Hyo decided to ignore him at that time. She could tell that Kwang Soo was upset after knowing the truth, so Ji Hyo had to play smart and not to hurt any of them. But then her eyes caught something as she stole a glance at Jong Kook, "Omo.. did you hurt yourself?"

 

Instead of answering to her question, Jong Kook was searching for an explanation from the lady, "Ji Hyo aah.. is it true? What Kwang Soo said?"

Before she could respond, Kwang Soo chipped in, "Show him what you can do, Ji Hyo. Go on.. it's an instruction."

 

Although Kwang Soo has given the permission, Ji Hyo was still hesitated. She wondered how Jong Kook will react once he realized her true 'gift', which could scare that man away once and for all. But since Kwang Soo insisted and she had to obey him, Ji Hyo slowly approaching Jong Kook and used her hand to touch his sprained ankle. The moment she did that, Jong Kook felt a source of 'energy' travelling along his vein - then 'magically' his leg was healed.

 

As expected, her 'gift' made Jong Kook panicked and distanced himself from her. "What.. what are you? How did you.. just stay away!" Jong Kook screaming at Ji Hyo when she tried to calm him. Kwang Soo stepped in front of the lady in a protective manner, "Is this how you show your appreciation to someone who just treated your injury?!"

 

"Gwaenchana Kwang Soo. Maybe he wasn't ready for it. Mian.. if I scare you, Jong Kook. I know we owe you a better explanation for this, but right now.. can you please keep it as a secret?" Ji Hyo pleaded to the confused man who was still afraid of her. When he didn't reply, she continued to beg him, "Jaebal. I can't let anyone else know who I really am.. it's too dangerous."

 

Though he wasn't sure if he can trust Ji Hyo, Jong Kook made a promise to seal his mouth from spilling out the secret to anyone. Nevertheless, he still have a very important question for her, "So.. if you are not a human like Kwang Soo said, does that mean.. I'm really.. dead?"