CHAPTER THREE

Obscure Misadventure
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

As soon as the two already done with the discussion with the staffs, they agreed with their plans and decided to sit on the sand in a circle to begin splitting the team. At first, most of them were silent since they did not even know how to separate a group of eight into three different groups. Sure they will not end up being equal but they needed to be fair as at least one male would be in one.

 

“So my suggestion will be like this,” Jimin suddenly started and all eyes met his almost in synchronise before he continued, “Taehyung, Kei-ssi and I should be in a group. Jiae-ssi, Yoongi hyung and Yein-ssi are also a team. While the rest: Jungkook and Sujeong-ssi in a group too. I think that’s fair enough?” He crossed his arms against his torso with a serious expression written on his face. Not long after, Jungkook spoke.

 

“Yeah, I think that’s fair since I don’t think Tae hyung can conduct a team.” The youngest male ended up laughing at his own statement out of the blue which the girls believed happened often among the group seeing that Taehyung was not denying the fact, not even the slightest. Just as planned, they went on accordingly to the given teams. Sujeong and Jungkook were given the responsibility to find tree barks for the temporary shelter.

 

Entering the less dense part of the forest, their hands automatically pick up any debris that maybe lying around and cracked off the main trunk. Jungkook seemed to be in his own bubble as his eyes kept on eyeing around his surrounding before picking up anything managed to find. Both of them were born on the same year so it was supposed to be normal for them to get comfortable easily. But no, that was not the case happening to them. Why did she even agree of being paired with him in the first place?

 

Sujeong sighed as her lips pouted out of boredom as her hands began to itch once more and more as the burden on her arms were piling up. The pain had not gone yet she guessed but she was doing well so far without any form of medication and that was the only thing matters to her. Seeing that Jungkook was walking a tad faster, she too increased her pace to catch up.

 

The lights seeping through the canopy of the forest were getting smaller since the sun almost set on the west. By then only the two turned around as Jungkook thought it would be the best to head back to the shore before it get darker. She had no idea how long they had been in the forest but leaving was the best. The creepy ambience was already in the forest and she wanted to be by her friends’ side where she could be more comfortable with.

 

“Where are our boats?!” A scream cut off the serene atmosphere of the beach once they arrived with a handful of woods. Just as said, Sujeong’s eyes widened in shock when she witness it herself. As if air had knocked out of her chest, suddenly, she was not able to breathe properly. The first team to be out of the forest was Jiae’s team where apparently the fruits they gathered were already scattered on the sand when Yein screamed. The youngest girl sure had the loudest scream.

 

“What happened to it?” Yoongi managed to question calmly but he had his empty hand swept through his hair in panic and deep sigh. All one could see from their faces were terrified and for once, they really hoped the last team would have a better idea of what was going on. “It’s a good thing we took out belongings out of there but isn’t it weird how coincidental all this is? I mean, the staffs are still on the boats before we are gone, right?” Jungkook voiced out and there were these thoughtful expressions on their faces.

 

“I hate to admit it but you’re right, Jungkook-ssi. Don’t you think something fishy is going on here?” Yein added on, agreeing with the other team’s member. Both Jungkook and Sujeong already placed all the barks they got onto one spot before instantly decided it might be a great idea to light them up as the night embarked. The sun barely set but they sat around the place in circle anyway, trying to get warm. It was only then they realised that Jimin’s team was taking a bit too long in the forest. Worry was the word that fitted in their minds at that one moment.

 

Before Jiae could even open to say a single word, Jiyeon came out of the forest apparently running for her life. There was this scared expression plastered on her face when she took her spot beside Sujeong. The girl sneaked a glance at the person before noticing the other two males arriving in the same swift paces. Jimin and Taehyung instantly sprawled their bodies on the sand not far from the warmth of the campfire. The last team members were panting heavily before the boys’ changed t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter