CHAPTER ONE

Obscure Misadventure
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The waves of the Merang River softly hit the harbour as a group of females parked their vans nearby the jetty. The village view was mesmerising as trees line up in clusters by the streets. It was their first time going on an outing together without their respective managers after years of debuting. Well, they would never let them went on just for any vacation now. Technically speaking, they had to shoot a short documentary-like reality show with the other group whom they actually acknowledged and it was indeed a good timing for both groups to finally meet.

 

But wait a second. Debuting? Reality show? Managers?

 

Yes, they were indeed not as what they called as normal people back in their homeland. They were what best known as Idols which sing, dance and rap on stage to variations of written and composed songs. But they are who they are and that are they are still humans who sometimes need a moment to pause from reality. To think it was a good idea to be with a group of the opposite gender, the vacation would be an interesting vacation indeed.

 

One of the girls sighed once they piled out of the jam packed van that they managed to let their manager rented since they needed a comfortable ride there, right? And it was a good choice since the other girls packed a lot of their personal stuff. However, why driving after landing at a nearby airport instead of landing on the exact island? Would not that be easier for both teams? That my friend, you will know later. It was a part of the show.

 

The staff already had everything planned out for both groups and for the weirdest reason; they had to learn something extra for the sake of the show. At first, they were suspicious once a yellow letter reached the hands of their leaders and they read them aloud. Sadly, not everyone was able to join the fun as only four members of each groups had the luck to be free of their supposedly hectic schedule.

 

The wind was blowing about as dust covered their sight but that does not stop the girls to continue unloading the van’s boot. The cameras already rolled yet they did not seem to be bothered by it since they had to act as if it was not there. “It’s such a hot day, don’t you girls think?” A girl group’s youngest member who goes by the name Jung Yein stated as she covered her eyes from the sunlight. She was not always the one who complaints about things but if a statement come out of , it was always true. In her white navy-like shirt, complimented with her cream coloured skirt, she continued taking her bags out in the midst of another round of complaining.

 

Another female that seemed slightly older than her simply nodded her head as she helped her fellow team members. She did not pack many but enough for a three days of vacation. It was for a short term so two bags of clothes including a bag pack were sufficient for her. The black Vans sneakers she had been wearing begin to change its colour as she was deep in doing her work. As the boot almost empty, Yoo Jiae finally spoke.

 

“They’re here!” It was short and her maroon coloured dress shirt moved about as it was blown by the wind. Just like she said, another white van safely arrived at the jetty. Great timing they thought. They thought they would meet once they crossed the sea and meet at the island. The faces they had been expecting finally came and she decided to count them in her head, just in case.

 

One, two, three, four.

 

Good, just the right number. Wait a second; one of them seemed to replace another member? What happened? She was sure he was not supposed to be joining them.

 

“How long have you girls been waiting for us?” Min Yoongi, the group’s rapper good-naturedly questioned as he advanced towards the girls. Trailing behind him was of course the other boys. Yes, this was surprisingly such a big group going on a short vacation and it did not matter much to them actually. Hey, at least not the whole group tag along or otherwise it would be chaotic as each had seven and eight members per group. Nevertheless, what was uncanny was the fact there seemed to be an exchange member once everyone managed to gather around one van – precisely the girls’.

 

“Not that long. In fact, we just arrived minutes ago.” Kim Jiyeon replied with her signature bright smile, beaming since it was her natural reaction after knowing there would be guys throughout the vacation. For security, that was what she had in mind. Yein, being the closest one with the one last girl of the group glanced among the opposite group, trying to find a certain someone only to see the one who was not in the list.

 

“Oh, Taehyung sunbae? We all thought Jin sunbae would be joining us not you.” She stated shockingly as she pointed at one person at the furthest back of the guys. Jeon Jungkook simply chuckled at the statement followed by Park Jimin who gestured to his back with his head. “Apparently, there was a mix in Jin hyung’s schedule and this fella happened to be free. So the producer thought why not took him in as a replacement instead.” Jimin explained and his eyes immediately looked at the mentioned one. Yein plastered a small smile. No scratch that. She smirk which did not suit her at all. She was supposed to be the nice one!

 

“This will be an interesting vacation indeed.” Ryu Sujeong, the final member in the girls’ team rolled her eyes once she heard the playful statement made by the young one. Knowingly she turned her gaze and made an eye-contact with him. She had this urge to slap herself on the face but she still had the consciousness to remain calm and tried not to embarrass herself. Being an idol made her more aware to control her image. This was supposed to be her chance to forget some things and someone just had to appear out of nowhere.

 

Sure, she had made an acquaintance with the latter since they had been set to be MCs for a music show. Strangely, she had been looking forward to work with him again and yes, the vacation would be a perfect chance but she had a bad feeling about it especially when she noticed some of her fans seemed to ‘ship’ her with him. Yes, she legitimately noticed it while using the computer at the company once in a while.

 

Jiae being the oldest among the girls or easier said as half of the Lovelyz members finally finished unloading their bags from the van whilst the others were busy greeting each other. A smile came up on her once she saw the guys too already done piling out their baggage from their van. “Let’s take the bags to the boat. It will take much of their time, you know.” She unexpectedly suggested which they followed instantly.

 

“Sujeong-ssi!” The girl heard her name being called by one of the guys. She did not even have to turn around to see who owned such high pitch voice – especially when she got too used to hearing the voice on TV from time to time. “What?” She answered shortly. She had always been this kind of person. To answer shortly to people since she never mastered the art of speaking with strangers and people that she lost contact after so long – that was if it exist.

 

Jimin walked closer to her with his bag being pulled on the dusty pave. Alright, that was the first time he seems enthusiastic to talk to her. Both of them never actually engage in any conversation before but maybe… just maybe he was being friendly since the cameras were around. There was no need to misunderstand, she did not mind the sudden friendliness but what disturbed her was his upcoming question.

 

“You don’t mind him following right?” He immediately asked without any further thought. He faced no trouble as he did not even mention the name since he seemed to know that the girl knew who he was talking about. She took a quick glance at the back as she saw the unmentioned male happily chatting with Jungkook and Yoongi. “Yes, I’m fine. Why did you ask?” Sujeong replied with her eyebrows almost connected together.

 

He merely shrugged at her question. He was dodging an important question on purpose but she let it slip away since she did not want to bother her mind about it. Oh yes, if you were still wondering who was the guy-who-shall-not-be-named, fear not because he would approach them; in three, two…

 

“Jimin-ah, how could you leave me?” He yelled from afar and ran towards us. He was clad in a simple black tee shirt with a pair of black jeans. Sujeong ignored his presence as she increased her pace to join the girls. They already arrived at the dock, maybe there were waiting for her which she sheepishly waved at.

 

As she was about to jog towards her friends, she heard him calling her name – which was one of the rarest occasion happening in her whole life. Tell her exaggerating but it was true. Sujeong’s eyes looked at the girls and she could see them giggling among them, leaving her out of the topic. She did not have to join in order to know what they were talking about. Hesitantly, her body turned to see the person who managed to catch their attention.

 

“You called me Taehyung-ssi?”

 

Ryu Sujeong threw on her fake smile as she tried her best to ignore the fast beating on her chest. She could see him advancing nearer and air seemed to esca

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter