CHAPTER 1

IDIOTS IN LOVE

CHAPTER 1


"Soo, your work starts today?"
A person wrapped like a cocoon groggily muttered. Little fingers soon emerged underneath, pushing down the blanket, revealing a soft mush of orange hair. 
"Yes, Min. They told me I need to come early, but I did not expect I have to go there at 5 o'clock in the morning! This is so outrageous! Why did I even think of accepting that damned job offer?!"
A woman with large round eyes, and red heart-shaped lips frustratingly answered while trying to comb her straight black mid-length hair into perfection. She proceeded to brush her full bangs afterwards, making it shinier than ever.  
"Well, because you need the money?"
The person lying on the bed, now free from the blankets, chuckled. She has curly orange hair that reaches up to the bottom of her busty s. Her monolid cat-like eyes twinkle with delight as she saw her friend groaning as a reply. 
"Oh shut up. My satan powers do not work well early in the morning."
"So you do admit that you have sata-"
"Excuse you! We're practically the same! If I have that damned satan power you call, then you most likely also have that! In fact, you're much evil than me!"
Kyungsoo huffed at Minseok who can't stop giggling at her bestfriend's outburst. 
"Sure, sure but I think you're forgetting something."
Minseok winked, standing up from the bed and snatching Kyungsoo's brush away.
"I swear to God, Kim Minseok, if this is one of your corny jokes agai-"
"The time, Kyungsoo, the time! And hey! My jokes are not corny!"
Minseok childishly pouted at Kyungsoo who just rolled her eyes at her. 
"I'm not ing dumb to forget about the time, you !"
Kyungsoo showed her the middle finger before rushing out of the door, leaving Minseok smirking alone in the room.  
"She says she knows the time but look at her flying out of the door in a hurry."
Minseok mocked Kyungsoo as soon as she heard the front door slam. 


"This day is the ing worst day ever! Everything is just so ing messed up!"
Kyungsoo groaned as she stared at the empty bus stop. The bus is supposed to come 15 minutes ago. 
"I should have just asked that to drive me to my ing workplace."
Kyungsoo continued on cursing everything her eyes see, only stopping when the bus finally came. 


After a 15 minutes ride which consisted of Kyungsoo bumping her head on the seat in front of her and her things falling pathetically on the floor, scattering everywhere,  she finally arrived at her workplace. Looking at her wristwatch, she saw that she was 30 minutes late.
"What a great way to impress your boss, Kyungsoo. You're late on your first day at work."
Kyungsoo muttered at herself as she went inside the building. She speed walked to the reception area where she saw a cute girl who oddly resembles a puppy.
"Hello, Miss. How may I help you?"
The puppy-girl smiled at her. Her smile strangely makes her lips form a rectangle.
"Uhm, I was scheduled to meet Mr. Kim this morning."
You might not notice it, but Kyungsoo's actually a shy person. She has a hard time approaching and talking to strangers. 
"I'm so sorry but which Mr. Kim are you referring to? As you know we have lots of Kims in here. Maybe, it's because this company is owned by a Kim. Wait, that makes sense, right? Since it's his company, might as well employ his relatives. Uh huh, yes, I see his point. As expected, our CEO is really bright! And from what I heard from the other staffs, another Kim is joining the company, though it is unclear if he's also a relative of the CEO. I hope he looks good, not that I'm saying that all the male employees here look ugly. Actually, some of the male employees look good. But there's this one employee, you know the head of the public relations department? Park Chanyeol? Okay, you might not know him yet but, God, he looks so great. He's so tall and his biceps, damn. He's mine okay? Although he doesn't know it. Anways! Oh wait, what was our topic again?"
The puppy girl innocently smiled at her. Kyungsoo sighed. This really got to be her worst day ever. She had to face a talkative person just as she thought her day is getting better. And the nerve of that puppy girl to smile at her after talking about nonsensical things and wasting Kyungsoo's precious time.
"I'm here to meet Mr. Kim Junmyeon."
Kyungsoo tried so hard not to roll her eyes, opting to clench her fist as hard as she could. 
"Oh! Kim Junmyeon. So you're one of the newly-hired employees! You know, Mr. Kim, or most commonly known here as Suho is one of the handsom-"
"Please just tell me where I can meet him. I'm already late enough to our appointment."
Kyungsoo gritted her teeth. God forgive her if she strangles this puppy girl. Her self-control is at the verge of bursting off.
"You can proceed to the 12th floor, it is where his office is. His office is a big mess though. I heard he rarely clea-"
"Thanks, Baekhyun."
Kyungsoo said, squinting her eyes, reading the name indicated at the name tag pinned to the puppy girl's collar. Without waiting for Baekhyun's reply, she walked towards the elevator. As soon as she stepped inside, she heard Baekhyun's cheerful and loud voice. 
"You're welcome, cutie!"
Kyungsoo thanked the heavens that she's meters away from the girl or she might have to suffer another round of nonsense chatter.


After a minute of nervously pacing back and forth in front of Mr. Kim's room, Kyungsoo finally got the courage to knock. The sound of things falling and clattering were soon heard behind the door. After a moment of silence, an angelic voice soon told Kyungsoo to come in. 


Kyungsoo can not believe her luck. Her boss was not mad at her for being late, instead he was actually thankful that Kyungsoo came. He clarified that the time indicated on his text to Kyungsoo was a prank made by his wife. He even described his "beautiful wife" (his words, not Kyungsoo's) to Kyungsoo, much to her annoyance. Kyungsoo just hates seeing couples being oh-so-lovey-dovey with each other. She had enough with Minseok and Han ogling each other in front of her. Kyungsoo's actually pretty happy with how things are now going. She was assigned to be the personal secretary of the new head of the financial department. Although she haven't met this specific person, she expects the day to get much brighter. Mr. Kim informed her that the person she's going to serve under is also a newly-hired employee on this branch. Kyungsoo panicked at this information but Mr. Kim comforted her by saying that this person they're talking about has years of experience in other branches and companies. Because her boss is not yet here, Mr. Kim or Suho as he preferred to be called with that name, (he gets confused with Mr. Kim since there are lots of Kims in this company just like what Baekhyun said) told her to go to and make herself comfortable with her own office space located just beside the room of her boss. Kyungsoo can not believe that she was given a whole room for her working space. What she expected was just a simple cubicle and definitely not something like this. In the middle of the room was Kyungsoo's desk. It was dark auburn brown in color and has a glass top. On top, there was a laptop, a desk lamp and a pencil holder present. Behind the desk was a large window glass that reaches up to the ceiling down to the floor. There were curtain rods attached above. 
'Looks like I'll need to buy some curtain later.'
Kyungsoo thought as she looked at the view in front of her. She could see most of the northern part of Seoul in here. The view was so beautiful during the day, Kyungsoo can not imagine how much more beautiful it would be during the night. Kyungsoo woke up from her daydreams after Suho coughed at her. She was probably staring at the window for more than 5 minutes.
Beside the window, two large bookshelves and drawers were leaning against the wall. On the right side of the room was the printing and photocopying area. It was equipped with another desk, complete with a computer set, different kinds of printer, a scanner, a xerox machine, and different kinds of papers stacked in another large bookshelf. A small bathroom was also present on the right side of the room, with the door just beside the bookshelf. On the left side, a mini kitchen was located. It was well-equipped with different kitchen tools and it even has a refrigerator. The refrigerator was also well-stocked. Along with the mini kitchen, a long couch with two loveseats and a coffee table was also present there. Also, a large digital clock was above the main door's doorframe.  
"This are all for the benefit of your boss. We decided to arrange things like this so that things could be finished earlier. It saves time and, unexpectedly, money."
Suho said as he toured her around the company. He told her that she could decorate the room as she wishes to. Kyungsoo can't help but feel excited for this job. Everything is just too good! It's too good that Kyungsoo fears that this is not true.


"W-what are you doing here?"

"What do you think, little Soo? I'm here to make your life better!"