Chap 27 - Secret being Known

It Started With A Kiss

Chapter 27 is here. Happy reading everyone!!

__________________________________________________

 

 

 

SANDARA’S POV

“Yah stop making my hair messy oppa. BAD OPPA!” I shouted to Hae oppa.

 

“I won’t. You still call me bad oppa so I won’t stop!” reply Hae oppa while keep patting my head. Yeah when I said he makes my hair messy what really happen was he just pat my head. I know I exaggerated it hehehe.

 

“Okay sooo… I think someone promise me to explain about something to me later.” say Hae oppa.

 

“Huh? Promise? Explain? What do you mean oppa?” I ask while glancing to Bom and Minzy, hope they know what Hae oppa talking about.

 

“Oh… Bad tokki. Forget abour her promise to me.” reply Hae oppa.

 

“EH? ME? I promised you something oppa?” I ask.

 

“Yes you did.” reply him.

 

“Huh? What kind of explanation I promised about?” I ask while thinking what I promise about.

 

After 5 minutes thinking I remember it now.

 

“AHHHHHHHHH…. That one. Hahahaha I remember now oppa.” I reply.

 

“OMG. It took you 5 minutes just to remember what happen yesterday. You are like Dory now. Should I call you Dory instead of Tokki? You have bad memory like Dory so I think Dory will fit you better than tokki.” say oppa while grinning at me.

 

“YAH! I am not DORY! I just forgot some events for a moment you know.” I say while pouting to him.

 

“Okay! Stop pouting or I will do something bad to you hahaha.” reply oppa.

 

“Something bad? What do you mean oppa?” I ask.

 

“You don’t need to know. But if you want to know you can keep pouting and I will just do it to let you know. Ready?” he challenges me.

 

“Okay forget it oppa.” I reply quickly, somehow I am shivering thinking about what oppa will do to me.

 

“So, would you explain to me now, Tokki princess?” oppa asks.

 

“Hmmm how I should explain this hmmmm…” I say while thinking where I should start.

 

“Up to you. I am waiting here. But if you don’t want to explain so much you can just tell me what happen yesterday. You don’t need to tell me everything about you.” oppa replies.

 

“Ah it’s not like that oppa. I will tell you everything. I just don’t know where I should start.” I reply quickly, hope it can make oppa not feel I don’t want to tell him. I know I just know him about few weeks and I just met him for a few times, but somehow I feel safe around him. I feel comfortable sharing with him, like I already know him for so long. I feel like I have a brother from another mother. Like how I feel when I am with Bom and Minzy. I know it’s weird but that’s what I feel. Maybe it’s because I really want to have a brother and somehow oppa presence makes me think maybe God send him to me to be my brother, even though we are not related by blood.

 

“Hmm okay then. Just start from where you think you want to share. I will wait here.” oppa says.

 

“Hmmm.. okay.. I think I will start from here..” I say. I tell him everything about from the start where my house got struck by a meteorite. How I move to my Dad’s friend’s house which happens to be the home of Kwon Jiyong. I tell him about Jiyong, the guy that send me to hospital with him when I got hit in front of the Seoul Uni. Until how I move out from Jiyong’s house until the last event happen yesterday. It took me a whole 30 minutes long without stopping, giving him a story about my life hahaha. But somehow, I don’t tell him about my crush on Jiyong. Bom and Minzy try to tell him everytime I tell about Jiyong but I quickly divert the conversation and just give a glare at them. Luckily oppa doesn’t realize about this.

 

“Ah I see so that’s what happen. So where are you live now?” ask oppa after I finished.

 

“Ah I live near Dad’s restaurant. Just a few blocks away. It’s just a small house enough for me and Dad to lives.” I say.

 

“Ah I see. Thank you for give me a full explanation Tokki. I am touched.” he says while pretending to cry.

 

“Yah oppa! Stop pretending. It’s disgusting. And for you know oppa. I am not explaining this for free.” I say.

 

“Ohhh bad tokki appears now. Okay…. What do you want princess tokki?” oppa asks.

 

“Hmmmmm.. I want…… Ramyunnnnnn…. I hear there is a new ramyun restaurant near our Uni. I want to try it. But Bom and Minzy don’t want to accompany me. So you need to accompany me. No! I mean you should treat me oppa.” I say.

 

“Hahahaha ramyun? You just want ramyun? Hahahaha.” instead of reply my demand, oppa just laughing at me.

 

“YAH OPPA!” I say while hit his arm, not too soft but not too hard either.

 

“Hahaha I am sorry. Fine then. That’s a deal. I will treat you later. Just message me the time.” reply oppa while trying to stop laughing.

 

“Okay deal then. DON’T YOU DARE TO BETRAY ME OKAY OPPA?!”

 

“I won’t hahaha. Ah by the way I think I should go home now. It’s already late and I still need to do something. I am sorry I can’t accompany you girls anymore. I will treat you girls later when I am free okay?” say oppa while checking the time on his wristwatch.

 

“It’s okay oppa. Better keep your promise or Bom will haunt you later. Never make a joke about treat to us.” I warn him.

 

“YAH! It’s looks like that I am the only one who will go ballistic when we don’t get our meal. I mean you are more crazy than me when you can’t eat ramyun tokki!” glare Bom at me.

 

“Hahaha just kidding Bommie. I mean we are monsters when we are hungry right?” I say to Bom and Minzy.

 

“Hahaha okay then stop fighting. I promise I will treat you girls later. I will message Dara the time. I need to go now. Thanks Dara, Bom, Minzy. Thanks ahjumma.” say oppa while leaving our table and go to cashier and give the money to ahjumma.

 

“Bye oppa. Take care on your way home.” I reply while waving at him.

 

“Bye oppa.” say Minzy and Bom.

 

 

The Next Day

I am on my way to tennis club. Yeah I know it should be free day from club. But because we will have a university competition in next two months, so the club activities begin to change to every day except weekend. Actually it’s not necessary for us, new members to come every day because if you are not selected to join the competition it means you don’t have to practice regularly. But…….. because what happened yesterday, Jiyong message me that he need to teach me for next week competition. So here I am on my way to the tennis court running. Yes I am running because I am late……

 

“You’re late!” say a voice that I know even from a far when I arrive at the court.

 

“I…. I… I … am…. sorry… The class.. finish longer.. than usual… and….” I say while trying to catch my breath.

 

“Never mind the excuses! Come on, let’s practice.” Jiyong says without letting me finish my explanation.

 

“Just a minute there, Kwon!” shouted Choiza sunbaenim when we are on the way to the left court to practice.

 

“What’s wrong sunbaenim?” ask Jiyong with a little emphasize on the word sunbaenim.

 

“Sandara Park hasn’t passed the qualification test yet, which means she’s not allowed to practice tennis yet. And we need her to pick up balls.” say Choiza sunbae while walking toward Jiyong.

 

“But the match is a week from now.” say Jiyong while glaring at Choiza sunbae now.

 

“Rules are rules, you know… Sandara Park, what are you spacing out for? Pick up the balls, please!” say Choiza.

 

“Neee…..” I say while quickly running to pick up the balls.

 

But before I walk away, I remember something and quickly running back to where Jiyong stand.

 

“I am sorry Jiyong.” I say while bowing a little to him. But when I know he won’t reply, I just turn back and start picking up the balls.

 

I don’t know how long I already pick up the balls. I should be at home now if Jiyong don’t agree to what Choiza sunbaenim said before. But suddenly when I am about to put the balls that I already collect to the basket, a ball flying and knock the basket and make all the balls in there scattered out.

 

“Yah! Who did that?!” I shouted quickly while looking up.

 

“Don’t shut your eyes. Don’t stare at the ground when you pick up balls. Open your eyes wide, watch the ball, and move in the direction the ball’s moving. Got it?” say Jiyong while walking toward me.

 

“Ne.” I say while looking at him.

 

After that I try to do what he tells me. I try to look at the ball that is coming to me and try to catch it bare hand. But hahahaha I fail miserably. But luckily I manage to keep my eyes open. It is a progress right? Hahahaha.

 

Without I realize it’s already time for the activities to be over. Choiza sunbae gather us around and just give some encouragement announcement before everyone go home.

 

“All right. That’s all. Clean up! Go!” shouted Choiza and dismiss us off.

 

“Ne!” shouted us back.

 

I am on my way to take my bag when suddenly someone pulls my hair from behind.

 

“Owww…”

 

“You have practicing to do.” say Jiyong.

 

“Huh? Now? But I’m exhausted.” I say while turning around to him after he release his grip on my hair.

 

“I already did what you said and watched the ball, but I got hit by it over and over.” I explain more when he doesn’t reply while I massage my arm and knee that get hit before.

 

“We can’t help it. You don’t get to participate in club practices. Come on. Do 100 swings of the racket now.” say Jiyong.

 

“Huh? 100? ……………… But…. it’s raining now.” I say to him when suddenly I feel raindrop on my shoulder.

 

“Starting tomorrow, we practice in the morning too. Be ready.” he say and just ignoring my last sentence.

 

“But… Jiyong… It’s raining…” I say again but it’s failed. He just ignore me and his eyes just telling me to start practice now and I just can do what he tells and start swing my racket.

 

Luckily I manage to message ahjumma that I can’t go part time for a week because I have some club activities and ahjumma understand it.

 

After I finish 100 swings, Jiyong tells me to do another 50 swings again.

 

“Faster!” say Jiyong.

 

“Put your shoulder into it!” say Jiyong again when I keep doing the swing and try to do it right based on his comment.

 

“Ne!”

 

“You’re too slow getting back!”

 

“Ne!”

 

“It’s raining Jiyong!”

 

“Faster!”

 

“I think it won’t stop raining.”

 

“Stop talking! Shut up and do it!”

 

“Ne!” I say when he keep telling me to continue it even the rain is getting bigger now.

 

“All right, again. And faster!”

 

After an hour long, finally Jiyong decided to end it for now and telling me to go home. I just say thank you to him and quickly walking home. I am so hungry but I am so tired now. I manage arrive home without falling asleep on the way, I quickly take a bath and after that I decided to make some ramyun because I am too hungry to wait Dad get home but I didn’t manage to go to the kitchen because my feet take me to my bedroom and when I touch it and slump my body on it, it don’t take a minute and I already fall asleep.

 

 

TEDDY’S POV

“I am home.”

 

“Dara, I got some nice tteokbokki and hot ramyun for today. I cooked it the way you like it. Want to have some?” I ask while closing the door and locked it and after that I take off my shoes and put it on the rack.

 

“Dara? Are you on the bathroom?” I ask when I didn’t hear Dara’s reply.

 

“Dara?” I say while knock on the bathroom but when I don’t hear any respond I decided to open it but there is no Dara there.

 

“Huh? Is she not home yet?” I ask myself while trying to go to check to the kitchen to check if she is there. But still I don’t find Dara there.

 

“Is she already sleeping?” I ask while walking toward her bedroom.

 

When I open her bedroom door and enter it I find Dara already sleeping on the bed with her towel still lingering on her neck and her slippers still on.

 

“This girl how can she fall asleep like that.” I say while walking toward her decided to take the towel and take off the slippers.

 

But when I already manage to take off the towel, I see some bruise on both of her arm. I look down and I see some bruise on her leg.

 

“What are you doing Dara? How can you manage to get it?” I ask while taking off her slippers.

 

“Shouldn’t you stop playing it if it’s too hard?” I ask while sitting beside her on the bed and brush her hair and put it behind her ears.

 

I keep looking at her while sighing. After some minutes I decided to go out from her bedroom. But before that I open her blanket and enveloped it to her.

 

“Good night uri ttal.” I say while closing her door quietly.

 

 

The Next Two Days

 

JAEJOONG’S POV

I see Bom and Minzy walking to the cafeteria.

 

“Yo!” I say when they walk towards my direction.

 

“You need to stop eating corn Bom. You will get fat.” Minzy says.

 

“You know I can’t do that right?” Bom replies.

 

“But maybe you can try to consume it less than what you always consume. How about just 2 for a day?” Minzy try to negotitate.

 

“No!”

 

“How about 3 a day?”

 

“No!”

 

“Okay. Last! Take it or don’t have it at all. 4 a day!”

 

“N…”

 

“Bom!!”

 

“Okay okay okay. Deal!”

 

“Yah!!! Both of you! I called you so many times!” I shouted when they keep ignoring me even when I call them for 10 times already… or more….

 

“Oh. Jae?” Bom says while turning back to me.

 

“Oh what’s wrong? Did you call us?” ask Minzy.

 

“Yes it’s me. And yes. I CALLED YOU SO MANY TIMES BUT BOTH OF YOU IGNORE ME.” I say while glaring at them.

 

“Oppss.. Sorry Jae. I am eating corn and nothing more important than this one. Sorry for didn’t hear you.” Bom says while keep munching on her corn.

 

“Never mind. Where’s Dara? Why she is not with you?” I ask while looking around to find Dara, think that maybe she walks behind them.

 

“Jae, you haven’t heard?” Minzy asks.

 

“Heard? Heard what?” I ask.

 

“Dara’s got it really rough right now.”Bom says.

 

“What? Rough? What do you mean?” I ask.

 

After that Bom and Minzy explain to me what happened to Dara, and from that I know why Dara doesn’t with them now.

 

“So where she is now?” I ask after hearing their explanation.

 

“Maybe on the next classroom sleeping before the class start.” Bom says.

 

“Where is your class?” I ask again.

 

“It’s on the third floor. Room 3101.” Minzy says.

 

“When your class start?” I ask again.

 

“Hmmm in an hour..” Bom replies while checking her wristwatch.

 

“Ah I see. Okay then. Bye.” I say while walking to the kitchen’s cafeteria.

 

“Yah! Where are you going?” Bom shouted.

 

“To the kitchen. Make some breakfast for Dara.” I shouted back.

 

After 15 minutes cooking

 

I am on my way to Dara’s class now. I bring some kimbap for her. I need to make something delicious and nutritious for her to do her rough activities. But because she will have class in about 45 minutes, so I decided just to make something fast and here I am bring kimbap to her.

 

When I arrive on her classroom, I see her sleeping with her head on the desk on the fourth row seat. I walk to her quietly. I arrive and take the seat in front of her. I put the hamper near her and shake her to wake her up.

 

“Dara… Dara..”

 

“Hmmm……” she mumble while stirring on her seat but still doesn’t open her eyes.

 

“Dara wake up… Wake up Dara.. I made some breakfast for you…” I keep shaking her now.

 

“Hmmmm….” she says while getting up now and rub her eyes. She looks like a kid waking up now.

 

“Good morning.” I say when I see her open her eyes now.

 

“Good morning Jae.” she replies while yawning.

 

“I heard it. You are exhausted from practice tennis morning and night. It’s time like these when you’ve gotta eat or you won’t last. Here.” I say while opening the hamper and push it near her.

 

“Wow… Kimbap…. Gomawo Jae. Jal mok get seum ni da.” she says while digging on her breakfast.

 

I just looking at her while she enjoys it.

 

“It’s delicious Jae. You are the best!” she says after a while and giving me two thumbs up.

 

“Eat more Dara. You need to eat more to pass this week.” I say while patting her head.

 

While she keeps eating the food, I just looking at her. After a while, I realize there is some bruise on her arm. I am worried with her now. Why she keep doing this. I know she doesn’t like sport.

 

“Dara…”

 

“Hmmm…”

 

“Are you working hard on tennis because you want to be with that Kwon?”

 

She stop eating and just looking at me now.

 

“You can’t forget about that bastard after all, can you?”

 

She just looks at me and sometimes just play with her kimbap. I’m waiting for her response and after a while she replies.

 

“He said to me, “Just don’t get in my way.” You just celebrate my new birthday four days ago. For me to be really reborn as a new me, I feel like I need to become someone who won’t trouble Jiyong. I feel like, even if I say I’m going to forget about him, I’m just putting up a brave front……………………….. Maybe that does mean I can’t forget about him, right?” she explains with a sad expression but trying to keep giving me a smile that I know is forced.

 

“……………………. I understand Dara… You’re still in the middle of your journey to get over that Kwon. It may take time, but you have my support. I will help you forget him.” I reply.

 

“Jae….”

 

“But in return…. I won’t give up on you…. I am a persistent guy, you know. Better be ready.” I say while patting her head.

 

She doesn’t reply and just smile at me.

 

“I mean it you know. Just be ready and I will keep following you.” I say while smirking.

 

“Hehe….. Thanks Jae..” she replies with a small giggle now.

 

“Continue your breakfast Dara.. “ I say after a while.

 

“Ne omma.” she replies.

 

 

AUTHOR POV

After the breakfast, Jae take the empty hamper with him and when he is about to go out, he meets Minzy and Bom on the way to the class.

 

“Thanks Jae.” Bom says when they are already in front of me.

 

“No need to. It’s what I want and I am happy to do that.” Jae replies.

 

“Hmmm. Okay bye Jae. We need to be stand by on the class now. Thanks once again.” Minzy says.

 

“Hmmm ne… Good luck on your studies.” Jae replies while walking to where the cafeteria is.

 

After the class, Dara already on the way to the court again and just do what she needs to. Picking up balls. And when the club activities is over, she will have a practice with Jiyong. Start from do swing, practice to hit the ball, practice to do serve, and etc. The practice continue on the next day too. But now they practice to play a more real one now. Jiyong will try to hit ball to Dara, and Dara need to hit it back to Jiyong. Even if it’s raining they will keep practice. Jiyong says there is no more time and in just a few days the match will be on, so even if it’s raining they should to keep practice. Dara keep fail to hit the ball but Jiyong will just ignore it and keep continue while giving some command and advice what Dara needs to do.

 

But without they realize, Sulli see this and just glaring at the two person practicing tennis.

 

 

On the afternoon (Lunch Time)

“Excuse me.” say a woman with a bandana on her head, a large jacket on her that cover her dress, a camera which hangs around her neck, and a black glasses. From a far we will mistake her with a stalker. And now the girl who is in front of the woman thinks that this woman is someone weird too. So she decided to left the woman and walk away fast.

 

“Um….” says the woman while trying to catch the girl who is running away.

 

“Excuse me… Can you tell me where’s the Arts and Humanities Department Campus?” ask the woman to the two girls that is walking toward her direction when she is still trying to chase the girl before.

 

“Over there.” says the left girl quickly while pointing to where the department and walking away with her friend after that quickly.

 

“Ah.. Thank you.” shouted the woman to the back of the two girls.

 

“Mrs. Kwon?” ask Minzy from behind the woman.

 

“Huh?” Eunju turn back and see Bom and Minzy walking toward her.

 

“It’s you right auntie?? Jiyong’s mom.. Mrs.Kwon…” Bom says when they are already in front of Eunju.

 

“Bom.. Minzy?? Ahhh… Long time no see..” Eunju replies.

 

“Why are you dressed like that auntie?” ask Minzy looking up and down at Mrs.Kwon.

 

“It’s…. because…. I don’t want Jiyong to notice me…. So…. I disguised myself a bit.” Eunju explains.

 

“Disguised??? No….. I think… you’re actually standing out more now.” Bom says.

 

“More like….. it’s really obvious…. It’s clearly state you’re Jiyong’s mom, Kwon Eunju.” Minzy adds.

 

“And you look like Dara when she tries to disguise herself too before.” Bom adds.

 

“Dara…………………………” Eunju says while taking off her glass.

 

“I haven’t seen her in a while, and I was starting to miss her.” say Eunju.

 

“Don’t be sad auntie. Dara miss you too.” Minzy says.

 

“I really want to see her even just for a while.” Eunju says.

 

“We are so sorry auntie. We thought for a while that things might work out between Jiyong and Dara. But maybe we thought it wrong.” Bom says.

 

“Yeah maybe we did. Why did it doesn’t work, even they kissed each other once before…” Minzy adds.

 

“Huh??? What???” Eunju ask without letting Minzy finish what she said.

 

“Huh? What auntie? What’s wrong? Did I say something wrong?” ask Minzy and looking to Bom now to ask her is she said something wrong.

 

But Bom is confuse too and just shake her head.

 

“What did you say before?” ask Eunju while walking to Minzy and standing so close with her now.

 

“What I said? We thought it wrong?” ask Minzy.

 

“No.. Not that one. After that one.” urge Eunju to Minzy.

 

“Why it doesn’t work with them?” Minzy reply while confirming to Eunju is that what she wants.

 

“No… After that……” Eunju says while shaking Minzy now.

 

“They kissed each other once before??” replies Minzy.

 

“KISS???? THEY KISS???” ask Eunju with bulging eyes.

 

Now Minzy realize what she said and now have a bulging eyes too and turn her head quickly to Bom and realize she is shocked now too.

 

“BABO!!” mumble Bom to Minzy now with glaring eyes.

 

“Bom Minzy what do you girls mean??? They kiss? Jiyong and Dara kiss???? Kiss on the lip????” ask Eunju while pointing to her lips to confirm Bom and Minzy mean.

 

Bom and Minzy look at each other and decided just to answer Eunju’s questions truthfully. After all they can’t lie if they don’t want Eunju to keep pestering them until they said the truth.

 

“Yes…. They kissed. Jiyong and Dara kissed.. On the lips.” Bom answers.

 

“K…K….K….Ki…Ki…Ki…Kiss…Kiss… KISS????!!!” say Eunju with a more bulging eyes now (if it can haha)

 

“Yes auntie they kissed.” say Minzy to make Bom’s answer more true.

 

“Wooooaahhhhh……………. YAHOOOO!!!!!” shouted Eunju when she finally accept the truth.

 

And after that Eunju suddenly turn back and walk away from Bom and Minzy.

 

Got confused, Bom quickly running after Eunju with Minzy following behind.

 

“Auntie… Auntiee… Don’t you want to see Dara?” ask Bom when she finally catch up and walking beside Eunju’s right now.

 

“Yes auntie. Don’t you want to see her? Our department is that way.” say Minzy when she finally walking beside Eunju’s left now while pointing behind her toward their department.

 

“I don’t need too. I don’t need to see her at school now.” reply Eunju while keep walking with a really happy face and big smile on her face.

 

“Huh? What do you mean auntie?” ask Minzy.

 

“Yeah. Don’t you miss her auntie?” ask Bom.

 

“Yes I miss her. But I will meet her later. I’ve decided to call Dara back to our home.” explain Eunju while they are still walking to the University’s gate.

 

“WHAT???” shouted Bom and Minzy.

 

“But Dara is desperately trying to forget about Jiyong now and….” continue Bom but before she can finish it, Eunju stop walking and turn her body toward Bom and it makes Bom and Minzy stop walking too.

 

“Why must she forget him? After all, they shared a kiss!” say Eunju to Bom with sparkle eyes.

 

“But….” Bom try to reason again but looks like auntie doesn’t hear it.

 

“I don’t care what Jiyong says! I will definitely get Dara back! Hahahaha!!” say auntie while walking away, I mean jumping away to where she parks her car.

 

Bom and Minzy left there with hanging mouth now.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

NB:

Uri ttal: my daughter

Gomawo: thank you

 

 

Chapter 27 done!! Happy Chinese New Year to all my subscribers, upvoters and my readers who celebrate it. Sorry for late greeting. Hope you have a great day!

 

Please leave comments, subscribe and upvote if you like the story :) Btw thanks for my 11 new subscribers (abhelinao2, erikajaneme, Ubanajenn1323, lizzy_wacky, dara24, einjehl, kimhanbin28, myie_vip, _BigBossM, Aieenshi and dg_otp).

 

And thank you for your upvote, kawaii89. Thank you very much.