Chap 24 - New Life???

It Started With A Kiss

Chapter 24 is here. Happy reading everyone!! (Note: sentence in pink colour is Dara’s inner voice)

__________________________________________________________________________________________

 

On the way to Kwon Residence

SANDARA’S POV

I don’t know what to tell after Dad asked me about living on our own again. I am happy that we can have our own house again. After all that is our dream at first to have our own house after moving from one apartment to another. But somehow, I am not happy about it anymore. I want to have our own house, but I want to live with Kwon’s family too. I am already used to having Kwon’s family near me. Aunt who always greet me when I am home. Uncle who always talks and jokes with me when we watch TV together. Seungri who always annoys me. And Jiyong…..

I just listened to what he said. After finished talking, he just let me go home to think about it more after I just keep silent and don’t give him any response. He said he’ll respect my feelings about this. That’s why he still let me think about this for a few days even though he said he already found a nice place to rent nearby, he said he haven’t sign the contract. He wants me to agree with him before he sign in. He doesn’t want me to be move out against my own will.

And what shocked me more before I went home. He said he really want me to really consider about moving out because he doesn’t want to see me get hurt. When I saw his face, I saw a worried and sad face. Somehow I am so mad at myself to let Dad having difficulties because of me. I don’t realize what I do to be near Jiyong when he just ignores me, not just hurt me. But it hurt my dad too. It makes me really confused. I don’t want Dad to be sad again, but if we really move out, my connection to Jiyong will truly be lost.

I keep thinking about this on the way home and that makes me doesn’t pay attention to the street. That I don’t realize I almost bump to the street light, when someone pull my hand to stop me from really bumping into it.

“What are you spacing out for that make you want to bump your head huh?” ask Jiyong to me.

“Jiyong???” it shocked me to see Jiyong here. Of course it makes me shocked. After all it’s almost midnight now. It’s not often to see Jiyong still out.

“What?” he asks with an eyebrow rising.

“You’re just coming home now? Where were you?”

“Why does it matter?” he ask back and just leave me to continue his walk home.

I just keep silent and just follow him from some distance.

“Besides, you’re out late too. Where were you? I thought your part time isn't until this late.” he asks after some times

“I was at my Dad’s restaurant.”

“Your Dad’s restaurant?”

“Ne.”

“Hmmmmm I see. Did you go there to see that guy?”

“That guy?”

“No.. Never mind..”

“Jiyongg..”

“Hmmm….”

“Dad said he found a nice place for rent.”

“What?” he stop walking and turn around to me.

“…………… A new home for us………… He hasn’t signed the contract yet, but……… you know, we’ve been staying with your family for about a year now.  Apparently, Dad’s been thinking a lot about it, so, well…….” I don’t know why, but I just think I just need to tell him first before anyone else. Maybe somewhere deep in my heart I hope he will stop me from moving out or at least makes me to have a mind to keep stay with him.

“You’re leaving our house?”

“……………………….. If we do….. Would you be sad?” I ask with a very scared heart. I hope he will say he will be sad.

I don’t know what he is thinking about, he just looking at me. I try to read what is in his mind but I can’t. His face is too hard to read. No expression.

After some time he says.

“Looks like you can finally go back to your old life.” he says and turns around to continue walk back home. He leaves me and doesn’t say anything else.

I really don’t know what is his feelings towards me. Should I just really give up now? Should I move out from Jiyong’s house and just live with my Dad like we use to before?

 

At the Kwon Residence

I take a bath while thinking about what I should do. Dad is waiting for my answer tomorrow and I really don’t know what to do now. I really want to stay at Kwon’s residence, but if I do that, Dad will keep worrying about me and I don’t want that too. I really want to stay, but based on what Jiyong said and did before, I think he’s happy to know that I will be moving out from his house. And I am very sure that Seungri will be happy too when he know I will be moving out.

I want to discuss this with Bom and Minzy, but I think this is my own problem. After all, the want who need to move out is me, not them. Ahhhhhh I really don’t know what to do……

Maybe….. I really should be giving up on Jiyong now. After all this 4 years, Jiyong still the same towards me and maybe Dad is right. The future about us isn't gonna happen. To move on from him, the first thing I need to do is to move from this house so I won’t see him every day.

Yeah I think that is the best thing to do. For me. For Dad. For Jiyong. And for the others too.

 

The Next Night

“Dad….” I come to Dad’s restaurant after finished my part time job. I need to tell Dad my answer now.

“Ohh Dara. You are here. Wait a minute okay? I will just finish this one okay?” reply Dad while arranging the plates on the cabinet.

“Okay Dad. Do you need help? And by the way where are the others?”

“Ah I just sent them off earlier. I close the restaurant earlier than usual too.”

“Ah I see. I will help cleaning then Dad.”

“Okay dear. Come help me cleaning the table."

“Ne……….. By the way, Dad. I agree with you. Let’s move out.”

“Eh? Are you sure Dara? You really agree?”

“Ne Dad. After thinking it for a day. I think it’s the best for us. Let’s move out.”

“I am glad you really considering it Dara. Actually, I just sign in the contract too today. I just thought maybe that is the best way. We can’t keep bothering Kwon’s family. So I thought I will just sign the contract first, and we can move after you agree with it.”

“I see Dad. Let’s move out this week then.”

“Alright dear.”

“Dad….”

“Hmmm…”

“When will you tell auntie and uncle?”

“Today. Do you want to tell them with me?”

“No Dad. Can I just stay at my room?”

“Okay Dara. You can. I will tell them by myself.”

 

Later at the Kwon Residence

AUTHOR POV

“No! I won’t let Dara leave! I absolutely won’t!” Eunju says while getting up from her seat and hit the table.

“Mom, mom, calm down.” say Hyunsuk trying to calm down his wife. He make his wife sit again and he sit beside her to make her go ballistic.

“But, dear….”

“Thank you very much Eunju. I know all of you treat Dara and welcome us very much. But I’ve already decided.” say Teddy.

“Teddy, you don’t have to worry about us. We really want you to stay. Both of you never bother us. After all, you’re contributing to the living expenses every month too.” reply Hyunsuk.

“I’ve taken advantage of those words and stayed too long. I forgot that I am just living with you because you helped me to get me back to my own feet again. I think I can’t bother you too much for now. 1 year is already enough for us to bother you. And I think, if we leave, I believe Dara will give up on Jiyong too.” explain Teddy more.

“You can’t ……. I’ll do something about Jiyong, Teddy. Please.... just don’t move out.” beg Eunju while holding Teddy’s hand.

“But Eunju, this problem is between the two of them. No matter what you say and what you do, the one who will do the relationship is them. It is not us.” explain Teddy try to make Eunju agree with him.

“I don’t want just any girl to live with us…….. Dara’s cheerfulness… Her courage… Her sweetness… I love all of that about her.” say Eunju while crying.

“Dara is truly blessed to be spoken of that way. I’m sorry. But I really already decided. Please..” say Teddy.

Without their knowing, Seungri is peeping and listening to what they say. After he heard that Dara will be moving out, he runs to his hyung’s room with a big smile.

“Hyunggg……..” shouted Seungri while opening the door.

“Hmmm..”

“I heard Dara is leaving. Yeayyyy!!! FINALLY!!! Hahahha..” say Seungri while jumping on the bed.

Jiyong just listening to him.

“She’s been nothing but a pain to both of us. Finally, she won’t be spreading her stupidity germs around here anymore! This is great! I’m so happy!” Seungri says more while rolling on the bed.

“That idiot Sandara Park is leaving! Hahahahah!” Seungri adds.

 

At Sandara’s room

SANDARA’S POV

When Dad and I go home, Dad go straight to have conversation with auntie and uncle, while I just going up to my room and take a bath. I don’t want to tell auntie and uncle by myself. I am afraid I will change my mind to move out when I see auntie’s reaction. I don’t want to make trouble to Dad when I suddenly say that I change my mind and don’t want to move out. To make sure that it won’t happen, I decided to let Dad do the talk by himself.

After taking a bath, I go to my room and start packing all my clothes and stuff to my suitcase and bag. I only have two days from now on before Sunday, so I must start packing. I don’t have too much to bring, but still I better start it now before maybe I change my mind again. If I already do the packing, it will make me more sure that I really will be moving out.

After I finish packing some of the stuff and the clothes, I decided I will pack the rest tomorrow. I suddenly look around the room.

“Ahhhh…. After two days more, this room will not be mine again. This bed… This table… This chair… All of the things in this room will not be mine.”

Suddenly I remember the first time, auntie show me the room. I am so happy to have a room that I dream for so long. A bedroom that has princess style. How she said that she is happy to live with me and she wish to have a daughter for so long. I remember the shoes, she gave to me. The dress she gave to me. And so many things she gave to me that I don’t realize I have so many things from auntie while I just give nothing to her.

Without I realize, my eyes betray me. It suddenly shed a tear.

“Eh…. Don’t cry Dara… This is what you want right? Right??.....”

I try to convince myself while my eyes keep betraying me and keep shed tears. I wipe it but it just keeps pouring. I am too tired to wipe it now and I just let it pour. I walk to my bed and decided to just sleep so I will be forget about this.

 

Sunday Morning

Without I realize, today is finally the day that we need to move out from Kwon’s residence. Dad already rent a car to help us moving.

“Is that all Dara?” ask Dad when I give him my last bag to put in the car.

“Ne Dad. This is the last.” I reply.

“Well Hyunsuk. We’ll be going now. Thank you for all this time.” say Dad to uncle after put my last bag.

“No problem Teddy. I am happy to help you. Sorry Eunju won’t send you all out, she says she doesn’t want to make both of you see her begging and crying.” say Hyunsuk.

“It’s okay. Just send our thanks and our sorry to Eunju, Jiyong and Seungri. Bye Hyunsuk. Until we meet again.” say Dad and after that he walk to the driver side.

“See you again Dara. Come when you have time okay?” say uncle to me while hugging me.

“Thanks Uncle. Okay. Please be healthy and send my thanks and sorry to auntie, Jiyong and Seungri.” I say while trying to hold my tears.

“Okay Dara. Just be careful on your way. See you.” say uncle and waving at me with a smile on his face.

“Ne uncle. See you.” I reply while walking to the passenger seat beside Dad.

“You are okay dear?” ask Dad when I finally sit beside him.

“Ne Dad. Let’s go?” I reply while keep trying to hold my tears.

“Let’s go.” say Dad and then he turn on the car and drive out from Kwon’s residence.

It’s all over. It’s really over now. I still try to hold my tears but when we really out from the Kwon’s, I can’t hold it anymore and my tears just pour like I’ve never cry before.

After 30 minutes.

“Well this is it. This is our new home Dara.” Dad says when we arrive at our new house.

“Let’s go in.” Dad continues while going to the back car to carry some of our bag and suitcase.

“Hmm..” I walk to the back to help Dad bring some of it.

“Sorry it’s not a big house like Kwon’s.” Dad says after he opens the door and let us in.

“Hmm…”

“Let’s start unpacking our stuff. Your room is here. And mine is just beside you.”

“Ne..”

A home without Jiyong…. My life without Jiyong starts today… Why suddenly I feel like my life is sluggish. From today on, I need to get use to life without Jiyong. Let’s be happy Dara.

 

The Next Day

“YOU LEFT KWON’S RESIDENCE????” shouted Bom and Minzy together.

“Hmmm…. Yeah…” I reply while covering my ears.

“What is this all about SANDARA PARK? Tell me now about it! IN DETAIL!” Bom shouted.

“That’s all Bom. Dad and I just decided to move out from Kwon’s residence.” I say while looking anywhere except Bom’s eyes.

“But. Why suddenly Dara? I thought you are happy to live with Kwon’s family.” ask Minzy.

“Dad thought that we are already bothering Kwon’s family too much. It’s already been a year since we first get help from them. Dad thought we can’t bother them anymore and he found a nice place to rent and we can afford it. So that’s all, we are moved out.” I explained.

“How about Jiyong?” ask Bom.

“Jiyong? About him? What do you mean?” ask me back.

“What his reaction? And what are you gonna do with him now?” ask Bom.

“Nothing and nothing.” I answer.

“What do you mean with nothing Dara?” ask Minzy, look confused with my answer.

“He is okay with me moving out. He just said that finally I can finally go back to my old life.” I answer. But I don’t explain the later one.

“But… I thought you’d live there forever Dara.” Bom says.

“Me too. If you leave their home, you’ll lose another of your ties to Jiyong, right?” Minzy says.

“That’s why I said nothing.” I answer again.

“What do you mean with nothing Dara? Are you…?” ask Bom with one eyebrow rising up.

“I mean it doesn’t matter anymore. I’ve given up on Jiyong.” I say.

“NO WAY!!!” shouted Bom and Minzy.

“Are you serious now Dara? Are you having a fever? Are you alright?” ask Bom while inspecting my body.

“Bom…. stop it… I am serious. I don’t have fever and yes I am alright.” I say while pushing Bom’s hands from my body.

“But… You never gave up on him. No matter how cold and how ignorant he was to you.” Bom says.

“I’m not who I was before. I won’t chase after Jiyong anymore. I won’t go to the Science and Engineering Department either.” I say while walking to the cafeteria.

“What on earth happened to you Dara? Are you sure you realized what are you talking about?” ask Minzy to me while following me behind with Bom.

“Actually….. My Dad told something to me about him.” I say.

“Your Dad?” ask Minzy.

“Ne. And his word hit me right where it hurt and it makes me realize maybe he is right. Maybe he is right that there will be no Jiyong in my future. So as of today, I’m forgetting everything about him.” I say while bow my head afraid that Bom and Minzy realize that I am holding my tears.

“I… I… I am going to enjoy my college life, and find a gorgeous boyfriend.” I continue while still walking to the cafeteria with my head down.

“I will be find a more better guy than him. More handsome than him. More clever than him. More gentle than him. More…”

“DARA!” shouted Bom and Minzy.

Without I realize I bump into something and it makes me fall backward. I close my eyes to just let it happen. I don’t have quick reflex to prevent me from falling. SUCH A GOOD WAY TO START MY NEW LIFE. Should I start my new life with me falling backward on my way to eat and embarrassed myself in front of so many students?

“Oops, got you!” I hear a guy’s voice. I think he is the one who catch me from falling and the one that I bump into. But why I think I know this voice.

I slowly open my eyes and see a guy who I recognize.

“Oppa?” I ask.

“OPPA??????” shouted Bom and Minzy from behind when they already beside me. I don’t know how they are already beside me now. Maybe when they shouted my name they run to catch me but this guy beat them.

“You really love to have accident huh?” smirk the guy while he make sure I can stand alone well before he release his hold on my waist.

“It’s not like that oppa.” I say while I’m trying to recollect myself.

“Hey Dara. Who are this guy? Do you know him?” ask Bom whispering to my ears.

“Ah.. This guy is..” I want to answer Bom but before I can answer it, the guy interrupts me.

“Annyeonghaseyo. Jeoneun Lee Donghae imnida.” Donghae says.

“Annyeonghaseyo. Jeoneun Park Bom imnida.” Bom says while handing her hand out to shaking hands with Donghae oppa.

“Annyeonghaseyo. Jeoneun Gong Minzy imnida.” Minzy says after Bom and do the same with what Bom do before.

“Donghae oppa they are my best friends.” I say to Donghae Oppa while pointing my hands to Bom and Minzy’s direction.

“Bom, Minzy, this is Donghae oppa. He is the guy who helped me from the accident before.” I explain to Bom and Minzy.

“I am not the helper. I am the hitter. That is what you should said Dara.” say Donghae oppa.

“It’s not like that oppa.” I say with pouted mouth.

“But that’s the truth Dara.” he says.

“Okay just forget it. It already in the past. By the way, what are you doing in here Donghae oppa? Shouldn’t you should be in work?” I ask while looking at my wristwatch.

“Yes I am.” he reply with a smirk on his mouth.

“Yes you are?” I ask again, not sure with his answer.

“Yes I am. I am on work now.” he replies.

“Work? In here? What do you mean oppa?” I ask again with a confused face.

“Yes work. Here. I work here Dara.” he says while turning around and walking to the cafeteria.

“Oppa. What do you mean?” I ask again while catching him up with Bom and Minzy follow me behind too.

“What are you gonna eat Dara? It’s your lunch time right?” instead answering my question, he ask me with questions.

“Oppa.. Answer me!!” I say with still a pouted mouth.

But he still doesn’t answer my question and just keep walking to the way to cafeteria. I just keep staring at him and walking beside him, hope he will answer me.

But while I am keeping my eyes on him, I see some of the students bowing and greeting him. This is weird. Do I miss something here? Is Donghae oppa an executive in this university? Or is he an important person, like some people who work in government? But I think I always watch news and never see him before. While I keep thinking about this weird events, we are already arrive on the cafeteria.

“What do you want to eat Dara?” he ask me while turning to my direction.

“Hmm package A maybe.” I just say what I need without thinking about it too much cause I still thinking about what happen before.

“Okay…. Can I have two package of package A?” he says to the lady on charge.

“Okay Sir. Wait a minute.” says the lady.

“Sir?” I ask him when I heard what the lady said. But still Donghae doesn’t answer me. It begins to make me irritated now.

“Here you are sir. Do you want help to bring it to the table?” the lady says while giving Donghae oppa the food trays.

“No need. I can manage. Thank you.” say Donghae while taking the two package in both his hands.

“You’re welcome sir.” reply the lady.

“Oppa. I can bring my food by myself. Just give it to me.” I say while following him when he is walking to search for a table to sit.

“No need Dara. I can handle it. I don’t want to let any accident happen again. You are hungry right? So let me bring it and you can eat it safely. What will be happen if you fall again with your own food?” he says while laughing slightly.

“Yah OPPA! I am not that clumsy you know?” I say defending myself.

“Are you?” he says while sitting in the chair when he finally finds a table that's enough for four of us to sit.

“Yes I am not!” I say again while sitting in front of him.

“I am agree with Donghae oppa. You are clumsy Dara.” Bom says while sitting beside Donghae oppa after ordering her own food.

“Me too.” says Minzy while sitting beside me.

“See. I am right.” says Donghae oppa with a smirk again on his mouth.

“OPPA!!! Ahhhh why I always meet you when I am not on the best condition!!! ARGGGGHHHH!!” I say while messing my hair.

“Hahahahahhaha..” laugh Donghae oppa.

“By the way oppa, you still haven’t answer my question before.” I say when I see him start digging his food.

“What question?” he ask back.

“What are you doing here? Working? What are you working in here?” I ask him.

“Ah that one.. Actually I am…” but before Donghae oppa finish his sentence someone interrupt us.

“Excuse me Sonsaengnim.. Can we ask help?” a guy ask with two guys following him behind.

“Oh sure. What can I help?” reply Donghae.

“We want to ask you about the material from before. This two formulas. Can you explain about it more?” the guy says.

“Sure. Wait a minute okay. I'll just excuse myself from these three ladies for a while.” say Donghae.

“Ne sonsaengnim.” the guy says.

“Dara, Bom, Minzy. Sorry I need to excuse myself for a while. I will be back in 10 minutes. Please guard my food okay?” say Donghae to us.

“Okay oppa.” I answer back. But from the corner of my eye, I saw them looking at me weirdly like they are trying to say that what I said is wrong. But I just decided to ignore it.

Donghae oppa walk to the table that's located not too far from us and the guys following him behind. Bom, Minzy and I decided to wait for Donghae oppa to eat. It’s not appropriate you know when you are eating first when the others need something to do first. My Dad always taught me to eat together when you are on the same table.

After 10 minutes Donghae oppa come back and sit again with us.

“Sorry for the long wait. Just need to help them. I can’t ignore them right?” he says while sitting in front of me again.

“It’s okay oppa. Let’s eat.” I reply.

“Why all of you wait for me? You can just eat first.” he says when looking at our untouched food.

“No problem oppa. We want to eat together with you.” I answer him again.

“Ahh… so sweet. Okay then. Let’s eat. Jal mok get seum ni da.” he says while digging his own food again.

“By the way oppa, what are you gonna to say before the guys interrupt us?” I ask him again after a few minutes.

“Ah the answer about what I am doing here right?” he asks to make sure.

“Yes oppa. About that one.” I reply.

“I work here. I am a teacher here. I mean not really a teacher, just a trainee teacher. I am already on my final semester on my master degree. And one of the rules for me to graduate is to have an experience in teaching. So here I am a trainee teacher on your university.” he explain.

“TEACHER?????????!!!!” shouted us.

 

 

 

NB:

Annyeonghaseyo: Hi!

Jeoneun …..  imnida: I am….

 

Chapter 24 done!! How is it everyone? I update it fast hahaha. This chapter is dedicated to ramallari08 who ask me to update more often. I hope you are happy with this chapter. I will try to update more often everyone hope you will wait for me hehehe. So how is it? I say this story is adapted from the film, but I thought it will be best to have some new story line to make this story is my story. So I decided to add some new storyline in this story. Hope you like it ^^.

 

Please leave comments, subscribe and upvote if you like the story :) Btw thanks for my 10 new subscribers (Babybabybird, ramallari08, MoonDoll, ladynikka05, Sweetlemon8, Farisha_fuful, Jadedee, Imdragonesa, anu_toanyone and _shylife_).

And I want to say thank you again for your vote, ramallari08. Thank you very much.

Lastly, I want to say thanks for everyone who still subscribe to my story and keep waiting for me .