Sweaty Beef BBQ

I'll Be A Hero

 

Sunny gets home and says goodnight to her family. Her phone vibrates in her pocket and she takes it out. Jumping on her bed to lay down, she looks at her phone. “You received a text from “Le er.” She laughs at the name and calls her friend. A voice on the other end answers “Yoboseyo?” “Hey you er! Lol i found my gem, it was at the restaurant.” “Oh wow they’re open that late?” “Yes but they were just about to close, the owner’s son helped me!” Her friend gasps, “Ouu was he cute?” Seo Hee laughs, “Sunny, come see me at the restaurant tomorrow and i’ll show you. I think he’s your type.” “Ou he better be Won Bin status!” They both laugh, “So bestie, is your boyfriend coming tomorrow too?” Seo Hee chuckles, “Yes he might, he’s always out but i’ll make him come tomorrow.” Sunny teases her, “Good, he better come. I need to meet him. Plus, I wanna you guys in person!”

 

Hyunsik gets home and walks up to his room. “Ugh, i’m so tired. I just want to sleep.” Hyunseung hears him complaining, “We all know, we hear that from you every night!” Hyunsik shuts his door and falls face first on his bed. A few minutes pass by and he lifts up his head.”Oh no… i didn’t change.” He lazily gets up and throws on shorts and takes off his shirt showing his muscular figure. He looks in the mirror. “Sometimes i wonder how I got this body, I think in my past life I was a kpop idol… or a male model.” He shakes his head and throws on a tank top. Laying on his bed, all he can think about was her. Her smile, her laugh, and everything about her. He smiles and his eyes slowly close.

 

Just as busy as it was yesterday, Hyunsik continued frying meat and showering in his own sweat. Hyunseung washing dishes behind his little brother turns his head and sees how wet Hyunsik’s back was. “You know that white t-shirt shows off your muscular figure, but it also shows off how filthy sweaty you are too. How much of your sweat do you think is in that beef you’re cooking?” Hyunsik laughs, “I like to think my shirt is sweating because of ME. So is the beef.” Hyunseung smirks, “Little brother, you funny. Just don’t get sweat in the food. “I won’t, and you make sure you wash off that sass of yours off you AND the plates.” they laugh and continue working.

 

Seo Hee walks into the restaurant and orders a drink. “Today is way too hot. So glad it’s cool in here. Where is Sunny?” She sits at her usual table and waits while fiddling with the her necklace. All of a sudden she hears a deep breathing sound. “What the hell is that?” She turns to her left and outside the window was her best friend with her face against the glass making an ugly face. She laughed with a disgusted look on her face. Sunny runs inside and they hug. “Did i scare you?” “You sure as hell did, it was so ugly!” They laugh and Sunny orders a drink too. “So where’s your boyfriend?” “He should be here any minute, I told him to be here at 1.”

 

Hyunsik takes his break and heads into the dining room to sit and rest. He takes a sip of his icy water and almost chokes when he sees Seo Hee at her spot. Hyunseung steps out to sit with his brother. “Scoping out girls?” “Nope but i know you will.” Hyunseung laughs, “Didn’t know you swung the other way!” He teases Hyunsik. Sunny looks around the diner and sees Hyunseung. “Pssst. Is that the brother you’re talking about?” Seo Hee turns and sees Hyunsik. “Yes that’s him, he’s the-..” Sunny gets up and runs towards the boys. “Heeey!” she yells. The two boys stare blankly at her. “So Mr... “ She reads his nametag, “..Hyunseung. I think you’re a handsome guy, here’s my number. Call me anytime!” She winks at him. “Um.. er…” Hyunseung is at a lost for words. It happened so quick. Next thing he noticed she was creating her own contact in his phone. Even taking a picture for it. Hyunsik couldn’t help but turn away and laugh. All while Seo Hee was dying at her seat, laughing too. “She did it again, that girl is crazy.” Seo Hee looks out the window and sees her boyfriend walking towards the restaurant. “Sunny!! Sunny he’s here!” Sunny jumps, “Okay call me tonight hubby!” and takes off to her seat. Seo Hee laughs at her friend. “You know i was talking about the other guy next to him, but I see you made your pick.” Sunny lays her head down on the table and looks Hyunseung’s way. “Really? Him? He’s okay, but the other one is all mines.”

 

Hyunseung sits down smiling but frozen. He turns towards Hyunsik who was trying not to burst out laughing. “Dude, You got dad’s looks, but I got the game.” Hyunsik laughs, “What do you mean game? She made you hers in less than a minute.” “Whatever, at least I got a girls number! She seems a bit crazy though, but I can work with that. I’m crazy too.” Hyunsik lightly punches his brother’s arm. “Just shut up already.” “Ow geez that hurt, too many muscles on you.” Hyunseung rubs his arm and they laugh.

 

“What’s taking him so long?” Sunny asks Seo Hee. “He stopped at the door because his phone rang i guess. He’s talking on his phone.” Sunny gets up. “I’ll be right back, i forgot my purse in my car!” Seo Hee laughs, “I’m guessing you were going to make me pay for your drink? Go get it!” Sunny flips off her bestie and runs out the door to get her purse. She runs past Seo Hee’s boyfriend. On the way back she reaches the door and hears him saying, “See you at 5, I love you too baby.” Sunny’s heart drops. She acts as if she was leaving again, and sits in her car. Seo Hee’s boyfriend walks through the door and all the girls in the room turn their heads. He was the definition of a pretty boy. Seo Hee receives a text from Sunny telling her what she just heard, and her heart shattered. Her boyfriend approaches and sits down across from her. Her eyes were glued to the screen and she couldn’t move.

 

Her boyfriend uses one finger to push down her phone that’s covering her face. “Hello? You there?” She shakes her head and apologizes with a fake smile. “Oh hi! I’m sorry, i just spaced out for a bit…” “It’s fine, now kiss me.” Seo Hee was surprised by that, “Right now? Here?” He smirks, “Well yeah silly, when i say now i mean now.” Hyunsik and Hyunseung watch them. “Wow he’s a good looking guy. Isn’t that the girl you always check out?” Hyunsik makes a small smile, “Yeah… she is.” Seo Hee pretends to laugh and slowly leans in to kiss her boyfriend. He leans in as well. Their lips almost touch but Seo Hee pauses. “I’m.. i’m sorry I can’t right now. I have to leave. I’m sorry.” She gets up to leave but he grabs her arm, “Oh come on, you can stay for a bit.” “Ow!” She feels a small pain on her wrist. Her eyes flash green and she sits down. As much as she wants to leave her body won’t let her. He tells her to just be quiet and then he leans in to make out with her.

 

“Get a room already.” Hyunseung gets up and goes back to work. Hyunsik sighs and closes his eyes for a few seconds before getting up. Seeing her kiss someone was harder to look at than he thought. What did he expect? That it wasn’t going to make him jealous? Hyunsik takes one last look and then goes back to work. With his heart in aching pain, he continues cooking more sweaty beef bbq.