Just Another Year

Just Another Year

*Beepbeepbeepbeep* 

"Arghhhhhh damn it I should of smash this damn timer ages ago!" The grumpy kid I mean Taeyeon whine. 

Flashback....

"Tae put this alarm there for tomorrow!" The girl yell. 

"Why! Its annoying!" I yelled from the room. 

"Dont tell me you forgot about tomorrow!" the girl stomping in. 

"Wait tomorrow hmmm." I was in deep thought when a flying pillow hit my face. 

"That is for not remembering what tomorrow is!" The girl pouts. 

"Oh tomorrow! Its Tuesday!" I exclaimed. 

"Arghhhhhh whatever just don't talk to me!" the girl stomped away and left the alarm clock on the bed. 

I grabbed the alarm clock and realize she set it to 7 AM. I knew what tomorrow was but I decided to not tell her or my plans will be ruin. 

Morning hit and yep the alarm went off. 

*Morning Tae! Happy valentines day! Wake up! Wake up! I'm waiting!* 

"Aishhhhh so annoying to put it as her voice not just a normal lovely one but aegyo she really know how to wake me up." I thought in my head. 

I woke up and got ready. Before I could proceed I got a text message. 

From: 

Come pick me up! We have to start our day! 

To:

Wait I have some errand to run sorry. :( I'll make it up to you later. Love you. 

With that I receive another message this time I was sure she is mad now because what she send tells it all. 

From: 

Be like that dont be sorry later on! 

I giggle at the cute grumpy remark but then I ran off to finish my 'errand'. 

Today is Valentine day and I plan to learn how to play the guitar so I can propose to my sweet little Yoona. I got to my teacher and started learning basic first and since I am a fast learner I can play the song I wanted to play. I gather all my stuff and the learning took a good 3 hours. I rush to my sweetheart and surprise her. 

I arrive at her apartment now and with the guitar hanging and flower on my right hand I pull out a key and unlock her door. I opened it and silently walked to her room. As I got closer I heard weird noises. I opened the door slowly and my bonquet of 12 rose drop to the ground but my tears dropped faster. I couldn't believe my eyes...her kissing a girl no other than my cousin Seohyun. I picked up the flowers and left it on the table then slowly open the door and walk out with a heart broken. 

I got to my condo and look at the guitar. "I bought you for a special occasion. I bought you to show my love to her. I bought you for happiness. But I am heart broken now. How much worst would it get." I grabbed the guitar and play I didn't know what to play but I just play some chords and repeat it then words just come out. 

This flower would be the last 

It once was our symbol

Now just our end.

This place please bury

Like our memories 

Let it die from me

My tears are flowing non-stop. I played until my fingers got cuts, but those cuts doesn't even hurt as much as the pain in my chest. I grabbed my phone and turn it on but it show 30 messages and 50 miss calls. 

I open the messages. 

From Sweetheart: 

Babe did you come by earlier?

Hey answer me!

Did you send the flowers? If yes I like them its lovely. 

Hello? Babe are you ok? Are you going to come? I called Seohyun she spent the time with me but its boring. Please come its valentine. 

I only read to that part when I got another call. 

"Hello babe why aren't you here yet?" Her voice rang in my ear. 

"Oh I just finish my errand and did you like the flowers I sent?" I pretend to have no clue. 

"Yes babe! I love them its so pretty!" That voice that once was music to my ears now sound like thunder.

I decided to go and pick her up to finish whatever I started. I left with my guitar and this time not a bonquet but just a marigold flower. I drove off to her apartment once again.

I called her telling her to come out. She came out looking not so gorgeous not so special like our valentine one year ago. I sigh but not loud enough for her to hear. "Lets go." I faked a smile.

"Where are we going?" She asked.

"Just sit and relax." All I said to her. 

"Ok." Her short answer. 

We arrived and she gave me a puzzling look. I told her to go to the bench and sit. She did. I took out the guitar and the marigold. Walking over to her I saw Seohyun who was sitting there also. Yes I called Seohyun to go and wait there too. I walked to them while playing the guitar. When I got to her I started singing. 

This flower would be the last(gave her the flower)

Since it was our first

Let this place be bury 

Just like your feelings for me 

Please let our memories be gone 

Just like your heart is gone from m​​ine

Let our past fade away 

Just like your love for me fade. 

let this be the first and last of us 

Of our love

Because you changed 

I will change 

our beginning become our ending 

I loved you 

You loved me

Farewell......

 I finish the song that I made but changed some lyrics to fit the situation. My tears kept falling. I was hurt but all I said , "Be with her is you want. What makes you happy makes me happy. Seohyun please love her more than I did..." I turn around and walk away hoping she would stop me, but no she didn't instead I saw her hugging Seohyun and that is what hurt me the most. She didn't even care for my last flower...did I even mean anything to her before...Valentine my worst day. 

Flashback ends...

I woke up and grabbed the alarm clock that remind me of her and threw it away. Yes after two years I finally got over her and threw away her stuff one by one each day leaving the last thing she gave me as the last to be thrown away. I cooked my breakfast and got dress because today was a special day more special than Valentine's Day. I took out my best cloths and check myself in the mirror then left. I stop by a flower shop. I walked in and was greeted by my friend Sunny. 

"The same?" She asked. 

"Yes my baby really like those flowers so same." I said smiling. 

"What a dork." I heard Sunny mumble.

"Says my dorky friend haha." I joked and she got mad. 

"Whatever but who is this baby you always talk about and buy flowers to every Valentine day or the 14th of every month.?" Sunny getting curious. 

"My baby is my guitar!" I said happily.

"For real grow up already." Sunny thinking I was joking. 

"No I am for real I literally buy flowers for my guitar at least it know how to stay with me..." I frown not wanting to talk about it. 

"Look this dork really is something anyways today there will be a party you better come or I will come over and take your 'baby' away." Sunny said.

"Ok Mrs. Choi!" I . 

"YAH! I am not marry to that Shikshin yet!" I can hear Sunny yell as I walk out. 

"BRING SOMEONE AND YOUR BABY FOR TONIGHT!" Sunny shouted before I could fully close the door. 

Bring someone bring someone but who? I thought. I was thinking when I bump into a girl. "Mianhe mianhe I didn't mean to sorry are you ok?" I said without looking at her. 

"I'm ok but I am sorry that I ruin your flowers..." I heard that and look at my flowers. 

"Kyaaa my flowers noooo my baby I'm so sorry." I totally forgot that there is a girl who is watching me being stupid. 

"Sorry I can buy you another one..." The voice sound so cute but I can't look away from my flowers. 

"No it's ok I can just go get it again." I said and turn back toward the flower shop. 

I enter the shop and Sunny was surprised. "I thought you were going to give that to your 'baby' what happened?" 

"Shut up Sunkyu. Get me some new ones already because I am late for the date!" I said surprise as I saw the time. 

Just when Sunny left the door opened. I turn to see who it was and I wished I never turn around because it was Yoona and Seohyun walking in hand in hand. I frown a little to not be notice and hope they won't bother me. 

"Oh hi Taeyeon!" Damn it Yoona stop it. I looked up. 

"Hi! Long time hehe." I said awkwardly. 

Sunny walk back with my flowers just in time. "Thanks Sunny gotta go bye! Bye Yoona. Bye Seohyun." I ran out as fast as possible. 

Back in the shop...

"Why is she in such a hurry?" Yoona asked.

"She has a date today to go to and she is kind of late because her flowers got ruined." Sunny simply said. 

"She is dating?" Seohyun asked this time. 

"No. She buys flower here every 14th of the month and today seem important to her she said its two years anniversary." Sunny said calmly. 

From hearing this Yoona and Seohyun stiffen. They gave each other a stare and said, "DON'T SAY SHE CELEBRATE HER HURT DAY!" They shouted cause Sunny to jump. 

"Hurt day?" Sunny asked. 

"Well ummmm I use to date her...but two years ago exactly today we broke up..." Yoona slowly said. 

"Oh if in that case no she said its for her baby. The guitar." Sunny said with a boring tone. 

"Guitar? You mean she learn how to play the guitar two years ago? And who buys flower for a guitar?" Seohyun asked holding her laugh. 

"Apparently Taeyeon does and yes she told me she learned how to play the guitar for a special occasion and it did come in handy so she never threw the guitar away." Sunny saying not knowing much details. 

Yoonhyun just simply bought some flowers and left. But bump once again into Taeyeon.  

Back to Taeyeon...

I was trying to get away from them when I crash again into a girl. I remember her shoes it's the same girl again. Once again I had to sprint back but this time I can feel that she followed me. I got the shop when I saw Yoonhyun walking out. I just ignore them and walk straight back inside the store. That was when the girl who had followed me shouted, "Hey you! Let me buy that one!" I turn around and finally saw her face. It was just stunning. She is pretty, cute, beautiful, wonderful anything and her eyes...is she even human. I was spacing out when I felt a hard knock on my head. "Owwwww LEE SUNKYU WHAT WAS THAT FOR!?!" I shouted not caring if that girl was staring at me. 

"That? Oh it was for gawking at my sister." Sunny reply smirking. 

"Are you serious someone that pretty and kind is your sister?" I . 

"Of course she is my sister she got some of my genes so she is pretty." Sunny shamelessly said. 

"More like her genes didn't mess up like yours." I teased more and can see the famous Lee Sunkyu about to kill me. 

"Anyways why are you back here? Checking on your ex?" Sunny cover right after. 

I heard it clearly but I just let out a small smile. "They told you right? Well apparently no I am over her and I am never going back to her again! I only came back because your sister broke my baby's flowers again." I said and turn to Sunny's sister. 

"Sorry about it but are you Sunny's friend? I am Tiffany." Tiffany smiling with her eye smile. 

Her eyes! I can't believe she is that shorty's sister. "I am Taeyeon, Kim Taeyeon nice to meet you." I smiled back to her. 

"Unnie give your friend some new flowers it's my fault it broke so I will pay." Tiffany pulling out her money. 

"Who said you pay! Let that dork pay herself since its for her 'baby' and if her 'baby' know someone paid for it problem will occurs." Sunny turn to tease. 

"Yah Sunny! It's not like my baby would ever know because it's just a guitar after all." I was sadden alittle. 

"This dork change so fast. I was just kidding since today is your 2 years anniversary with your guitar these flowers are free." Sunny trying to bright up the Dork. 

"Really thanks dude." I smiled widely. 

I turn around to find a girl who had been trying to hold in her laughter. "Just laugh I know it's weird to have an anniversary with a guitar but I have my reasons." I said with an emotionless face to her. 

"Oh what is the reason?" She asked me. 

"None of your business." I coldly said as I walked out leaving Tiffany surprised but Sunny knew I am always like this. 

I was about to open the door to my car when someone hugged me from my back. I turn around and saw the tan girl I haven't seen for 4 years. "HEY YUL SINCE WHEN DID YOU COME BACK!" I asked her happily. 

"SINCE I HEARD YOU HAVE STARTING TO KEEP TRACK OF YOUR ANNIVERSARY WITH YOUR GUITAR!" She said back just as happy as I am. 

"Aishhhhh stop it already it's normal for a dork like me to do anyways." I told her. 

"Haha want to tell me why you are doing this? I mean it doesn't hurt to let someone know you are hurting inside right?" Yuri changing her tone to a caring one. 

"I guess you are right but I can't tell you just yet because I plan on tell it tonight at the party be sure to come Sunkyu would be happy if you brink that Shikshin along too." I smiled to her and bid goodbyes. 

.............

I was well dress for tonight because I will tell my whole story tonight. I was about to open the door of my sport car when I got a text from Sunny. 

From Sunkyu: 

Can you pick up my sister at my house I can't because I had to come earlier and she wasn't done so please do this short friend a favor. Thank you 

I sigh but went anyways. As I arrive at the Sunny's place I went and knock on the door. After 2 knock I heard the lock turn and the door flung open showing the most shocking and beautiful angel I mean Tiffany. There it didn't take long to make my mind go wild again what is she doing to me. 

"Taeyeon-ssi we should go..." I heard her say softly. 

"Oh right! Let's go!" I said and open the door for her then proceed on to the driver side. 

We had arrive to the flower shop which now is not a flower shop anymore but a dance floor with some tables and a stage including lots of flowers mostly roses. We stayed there for a bit then I saw Yuri. I called out to her and I can see the Shikshin tagging along with another girl? As soon as they got to me I asked, "Who is that?" Yuri smiled and kiss her so I already got my answer. "This is Jessica my lover." Yuri proudly said. I just smiled to her and turn to Jessica. "I can call you Jess right? But anyways I hope you can control this Yul she goes out of control SOMETIMES." I can hear Jessica giggled at what I said but she said, "Yes you can call my anything and this Yul is under my control so don't worry." I was glad to hear that at least she doesn't do what someone did to me before. I was happy for them. 

I was hanging with them for awhile when Sunny went up on stage and said everyone was here. I look around and saw only about 7 others including Sunny and me. I shouted to her, "Isn't this a big party?" I can see spSunny smiling before saying, "Yes but only with close friends." Now I get so I wasn't confuse anymore. I was going to go get some drinks when I felt a hand grabbing my wrist. I turn around and saw that eye smile again. 

"Do you need anything?" I asked her. 

"No I am just scared." She frown a little causing me to let out a smile. 

"Awwwwe it's ok Taeng is here haha." I said to her and I saw her blushing hard.

I held her hand as I make my way to get some drinks and yeah she was sweating I don't know why but seem like she is still blushing. I asked if she wanted any drinks and she just said nothing but shook her head no. We were sitting around for a while when I accidentally turn and saw Yoona kissing Seohyun. I said I am over her but my heart still pain everytime I see them it remind me of two years ago so I made up my mind and walk up to Sunny. I whisper something to her ear and she just told me to do whatever and leave her alone with her Sooyoung. I told Tiffany I will be back but she so clingy and followed me to my car. I grabbed the guitar and the marigolds with 12 roses. We started walking back when Tiffany tripped. I quickly grabbed her and our face were so close together when I pulled away. I was so shock and my heart didn't stay calm it was like I met the same angel 3 times a day yes I did actually haha. We finally made it back safely and I went up to the stage. 

*knock knock* 

"Ok Sunny your mic works perfectly haha now should I start a story a story behind why I buy flowers for my guitar?" I smiled like an idiot to the audience. 

Everyones attention was on me now including Yoona and Tiffany. I started by saying, "It was two years ago...the night before Valentine that year...she told me to put the alarm on and I pretend to not know what is special the day after....she is so cute when she is mad but I did put the alarm where she wanted it and it stayed there for the last two years...I just threw it away this morning...well back to that day...I woke up because her voice that use to sound like music to my ears...I smiled widely and get ready when she texted me...I said I had to run an errand but nope I was learning how to play this baby right here. I learn it and also the song "Just for Love" just for her. Cute right? I finish after 3-4 hours and went to buy some roses her favorite kind...12 of them(I held out the 12 roses I brought in earlier)...I wanted to surprise her so I didn't warn her and I got to her place...open the door. Walk quietly to her room only to get tears in return when I see her kissing someone who is my cousin...sure I cried I was hurt imagine you are in my position rushing like crazy almost got into a car crash but only to receive this kind of present on Valentine day...I didn't disturb them I just walk away...I left her the roses(Putting the roses down as gentle as I did two years ago)...I got home and talk to this baby(point to the guitar)...it was the only one that doesn't talk back to me...so I played it made up some lyrics...I played until my fingers can't no more...when I stop I found that she called me and texted me many times so I decided why not end what I started...meaning my love for her...I picked her up and called my cousin to meet us there...I took her to where I first met her...I started playing and singing...the lyrics I made...This flower will be the last...since it was our first...Yoona-ah remember this?(Showing the marigold)...you never read the piece of paper on it did you...well I still have the flower...when I walked away that day you didn't stop me you went to her...you left the flower there and I took it back I still have it...if you have read the piece of paper you would of know why I buy Marigolds for the guitar every month...the guitar the only thing that kept me smiling since then...my best friend was this guitar...but one day I will have to let it go...because that one day is here...it remind me of our past too much...Sunny I am sorry but I will clean this afterward..." I stop there and wipe my tears then I grabbed the guitar and slam it on the stage. The guitar broke into pieces in many size. When the guitar was destroyed I spoke again, "That was my heart 2 years ago that was me 2 years ago that was my life 2 years ago...it was not a happy anniversary but I refer it as a death anniversary the death of our love...marigold the starting and end of our love that is why I buy it marigold all the time...that you all is my story...thank you." 

I was about to walk away when I heard Tiffany on the mic, "Taetae...I can call you that right? Well i know we just met but I honestly been stalking you...I liked you a lot...but that like went to love...I see you coming here every 14th of the month I always wonder why you do that...last year during Valentine I saw you cry as you put the flower infront of the guitar...I know it's creepy how I know this but...will you be my valentine and my life time?" 

I turn around shock at everything she was saying. I didn't know but my mouth moved faster than my brain. I shouted, "Yes!" After I only heard applause and before I know it Tiffany took me by surprise and hugged me. I pull away and kissed her while say, "So cheesy." She frown and pouted. I turn her toward me and kiss her forehead. 

"Cheesy but cute you know I wished I met you first...because I already know you won't hurt me." I gave her a white rose. 

........

That is how my hatred vanished. We bought a new guitar and she was the best I could ever get. She was my all. I thank Yoona and Seohyun for breaking my heart because my angel healed me. Yes I know it's cheesy but I prefer chocolate. 

"Taetae? Open your mouth." Her voice slowly travel through my body. 

I open my mouth and felt sweet in it. "This is sweet baby but you are more sweet." I said grinning like an idiot. 

"Well I guess we don't have to buy cheese you can just speak and there is enough cheese." She giggled. Oh that giggle I want to hear forever. 

Now that's my Valentine as another year. Another year but just another year to finally getting over my past and live my present plan my future. With my one and only Tiffany. 

"Guess not just another year!" She whisper to my ear and kissed me. 

"Yes still just another year." I said in between our kisses but yep this is going to be another nonsense bickering. 

"I love her all thanks to my past. I met her worth my wait. I love her, Tiffany." 

................

A/N: This story kind of a mess sorry haha I just really I guess anyways I hope you enjoy reading it. Thanks for reading too. Oh and my typos and errors sorry about it I am using my phone and English isn't my main language it's my third so sorry about.