Grief

Grief
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Taeyeon’s life was been perfect: excellent grades, reliable friends, loving and supporting parents, and especially one of a kind girlfriend. Her life has been full of happiness. There was never in her life that she felt that there’s something lacking. Taeyeon had always felt complete. She thought that everything will last forever with her, but she was wrong.

 

“I miss you, Tipani.” Taeyeon placed the pink roses in front of the tombstone engraved ‘Here lays Hwang Miyoung. A loving daughter and a wonderful friend. ’

 

She lay down on the grasslands and mustered some courage to give her best smile in front of Tiffany’s tombstone, as if she’s facing her late girlfriend right now.

 

It’s already been three years since she received the news of her girlfriend’s passing, and the memory is still fresh into her mind. How could she forget it, when her entire world collapsed in just one sentence?

 

[<<] FLASHBACK

The weather that time didn’t look good. The skies were dark and it seemed that it would be raining hard. But for a person like Taeyeon who is happy and excited to see the person she loves the most, everything still seemed nice.

 

Right after classes, Taeyeon immediately walked her way to the café where she and her girlfriend usually hang out. She felt excited because after two months without having contact with her girlfriend, Taeyeon finally received again a text from Tiffany telling her to meet at their usual café.

 

The thought of asking Tiffany on why she didn’t keep in touch with her for two months already crossed her mind, but being the positive person that she is, Taeyeon just thinks that Tiffany has just been very much busy with her summer workshop. It never occurred to her mind that something might have gone wrong with her girlfriend.

 

It didn’t take Taeyeon some time to arrive at their meeting place as it was just close to their university. Taeyeon walked inside the restaurant and greeted the workers who welcomed her. Her eyes instantly searched for any signs of her girlfriend but sadly, there were no any traces of her.

 

Taeyeon didn’t let herself to think negatively and just took a seat on her and Tiffany’s favorite spot. She looked at her phone and checked the time: 4:49PM.

 

She laughed at herself as she sees the time. Never had she been so early when meeting with her girlfriend. The brunette usually comes first before her and she usually gets a nag for being late. She remembered that Tiffany texted her to meet her at 5 o’clock in the afternoon but here she is, already sitting in their favorite spot, waiting like a fool for her.

 

Their meeting time has already passed an hour ago and yet, Tiffany hasn’t still arrived yet. It started to fear Taeyeon and starting to have negative thoughts about Tiffany, but still she kept herself composed and thinks positively. Stop it, Taeyeon. Maybe she just ran some errands. Tiffany’s still coming to see you. She loves you.

 

Taeyeon began fiddling her hands and stopped when she heard the bell from the glass door made a chime. She was anticipating that it would be Tiffany. But to her dismay it was Sooyoung, her girlfriend’s best friend.

 

Taeyeon thought that it was just mere co-incidence that Sooyoung is in the café. She thought that Sooyoung just dropped by to grab some snack but to her surprise, the tall girl approached her and took a seat in front of her.

 

“Oh, hi Sooyoung-ah. Are you meeting someone? Perhaps, are you also meeting Tiffany?” Taeyeon asked her enthusiastically.

 

“Taeyeon-ah.” Sooyoung mentioned her name warily.

 

Taeyeon sensed that there’s something wrong going on with her girlfriend’s best friend as her voice cracked while calling her, her name. And besides, she knows Sooyoung’s personality. The tall girl has a vibrant, loud and outgoing personality just like her girlfriend, and it just seemed weird for her to see Sooyoung looking all serious right now.

 

“Hey, are you okay? Is there something wrong?” Taeyeon said as she sees the tall girl almost tearing up. She was about to comfort her when she heard that name, her girlfriend’s beautiful name.

 

“Tiffany…” Sooyoung hesitated and bit her lip. Tears were already streaming to her face.

 

She’s starting to not like whatever is this she’s feeling so Taeyeon heaved a sigh and finally asked, “What’s with my Fany?”

 

“She’s… she’s gone.” Sooyoung cried.

 

Taeyeon furrowed her eyebrows and studied Sooyoung’s face. She was thinking that maybe Tiffany’s already here and she’s just hiding. She thought that they could be just making some pranks at her, but the expression on Sooyoung’s face didn’t change and she’s still crying.

 

“You’re kidding, right? What do you mean that she’s gone? Did she have to go back that soon to the States?” Taeyeon her hair and laughed frantically.

 

“She’s dead.” Sooyoung muttered.

 

Taeyeon stopped laughing as soon as she heard that word. Everything finally sinks in to her. Tiffany didn’t make any calls or texts to her for the past two months. She didn’t even answer and replied to her phone calls and messages. She was also being inactive to her social media accounts lately where she usually makes some updates no matter how busy her day has been.

 

“She’s… gone?” Taeyeon asked, more to herself.

 

She bar

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter