Young Wild & Free

Bad Neighbor

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                            

  "Youngjae hyuung come ooon you've been studying for 4 weeks straight" Junhong whined from outside the door. He looked at Jongup who just stood there beside him, staring at the door with a blank expression. "Hyung, say something," Junhong said to Jongup, who only smiled and shook his head. "Youngjae hyung hasn't stepped out of his apartment for weeks it's almost scary." Junhong said as his eyes widened, "We don't even know if he's alive! Maybe we should kick the door down or-" the door suddenly opened interrupting Junhong, and Youngjae appeared, holding a book in which he was deeply immersed.

He didn't even acknowledge them. He just stood there with his eyes on his book mumbling something, probably whatever he's studying and just shut the door with a lock. Junhong and Jongup just stood there blank trying to process what just happened.

"YAH! Were you just trying to show me that you're not dead?!" Junhong yelled in disbelief, "Woooow hyung, how super kind of you to at least grace us with your lovely face," Junhong's voice dripping with sarcasm, "but not even bother to look at us while you were at it! *whistles* hyung your sass sure is something, you amaze-" Junhong's tantrum was interrupted again when Youngjae opened the door, unsmiling.

"What's your problem? you couldn't see that I'm busy?" Youngjae asks coldly

"You've been inside your apartment for way too long," Junhong replied, with a straight face. "We're only worried." Youngjae softened whe he saw the concern in their eyes, despite the blank faces.

Finally, Jongup spoke up; "Hyung, do u want to go to the club? the rec room hyung told us that you don't come there anymore. Even he's worried. You deserve a break hyung." Jongup finished, with his angelic smile. Junhong agreed, nodding slowly.

Swelled by the youngers' concern, "Okay, hyung will come with you to the club" Youngjae cooed as he flung his arms around Junhong and Jongup's shoulders. They weren't even surprised by the sudden change in Youngjae's character, he is as moody as they come. 

"Let's gooo-"

"Hyung you need to lock your door." Jongup interrupted,

"And probably change your clothes." Junhong commented, looking at him up to down, "I mean I don't mean to judge, but you do not and can not wear pajamas to the club." 

Youngjae looked down at himself, checkered pajamas and a tee. "You're right. Get in,"

As Junhong and Jongup were led inside, they looked around amused. Thick textbooks, casebooks, and papers with scribbly handwriting were scattered all over the small apartment.  "Okay sit down while I find something decent to wear," Youngjae said,

"Yeah, but where?" Junhong replied, raising an eyebrow. Youngjae ignored him, rummaging around his wardrobe.

Jongup awkwardly moved a bunch of papers that were on the couch and sat, waiting patiently. While Junhong picked up a textbook and read aloud "Drafting, Pleading and Conveyancing"  he scrunched his face in distaste, at how it had sounded. He looked around the room again, which actually seemed to scream at him 'STRUGGLES OF A DEDICATED LAW STUDENT,'

"He sure has it hard," Junhong thought as he looked at the thick books. Not that he would know,  both he and Jongup majored in dance. They wanted to debut as idols. Though they have their own fair share of hardships, he can't help but feel sorry for Youngjae at times.  

They left for the club around 9:00 pm, and once they had entered, Youngjae had forgotten all about his studies. He wasn't one of those uptight studious college students who generally didn't have a life. Rather when given the opportunity to loosen up, he would.

It didn't take long before they were drunk and high. They partied for what felt like hours until Youngjae felt thirsty. He slipped away mentioning that he's going to get a drink, not that they paid much attention, they were high as a kite. He told the bartender what he would like, and waited, drunk-dancing.

He slightly flinched when he felt a pair of eyes on him. He turned his head to his left, to meet eyes with a stranger seated three seats away.

He looked around his age, dressed casually and attractive. Youngjae couldn't help but notice his lips that were full and rather puffy, for a guy. 

-He noted how the stranger's dark eyes appeared amused, at him. Along with something else that Youngjae couldn't place a hand on.

"What?" Youngaje shot at him, "Never seen a dude drunk-dancing-"

"Here you go, Sir"

He took a sip from his drink and turned to look at the stranger again, who now wore a smile. A smile that spelled t-r-o-u-b-l-e. It was charming, though.

"Well, it's not often that I see a pretty face drunk-dancing," the stranger casually replied, resting his face on one hand as he continued to stare at Youngjae.

Youngjae thought he heard a busan dialect in the stranger's voice, hence deciding that the dude was from Busan.

 "What, are you flirting with me?" Youngjae replied, raising an eyebrow, "I'm sorry, I don't do guys."

The stranger was about to reply, but he was interrupted when a girl wearing a deep- necked dress "Oppa let's go dance, I totally wanna be felt up." She giggled, "and totally feel you up.." She winked suggestively.

"Sure babe, come on," he paused to reply to the pretty doe-eyed kid, who had been throwing sass at him. He was slightly disappointed to see that he had already left.

"Well, that's sad." He smirked, "I was flirting with him."

 

Youngjae hopped back to the dance floor, drink in hand. "Well, that would've been embarrassing as hell." Youngjae thought smugly, "Not every dude who calls you pretty wants to screw you Youngjae!" he scolded himself. 'Hyuuung where were you" Junhong whined when Youngjae reached them, "I went to get myself a drink you piece of drunk " Youngjae snapped, and soon let himself go at the music.

Jongup had started breaking into some fancy moves and had earned himself a spot in the middle of the dance floor, surrounded by people 'Ayyyyy'ing at him. Youngjae felt exhilarated, and he hasn't felt that in a while.

"Obviously," He thought, "I've been way too strict on myself" He looked at the boys dancing hard with big smiles, encouraged by their audience. 

Youngjae had met Junhong and Jongup when he started his 2nd year in college. One day, while on his way back home from class, he had noticed two young men standing outside the building. Seeing that they looked young, Youngjae went and spoke to them.

"Are you guys new?" he asked, taking in their appearance. They both looked younger than him even though one of them was clearly taller than him. His skin was pale and he was rather baby-faced.  While the other was shorter with sharper features, notably, protruding cheekbones. He, however, had a sweet smile simply plastered on his face the whole while. Both of them had an aura of innocence, which had really appealed to Youngjae. They both had naturally dark hair that time, whereas the boys would sport a new hair color every now and then.

"Yeah, we're just moving in," Junhong had replied, then paused to introduce himself and Jongup. He learned that Junhong was 2 years younger and Jongup a year younger. They told him that they had just finished school and had come to Seoul to study dance. But they had mainly come to audition for they both shared the dream of debuting in the K-pop industry as idols.

Youngjae was impressed, with the boys telling a mere stranger about their goals. So he had also told them that he wanted to be a renowned lawyer, doing his 2nd year then. The three of them had bonded almost immediately and had started hanging out since then. And he considered them his family now.

"Praying that these boys get their dreams fulfilled." He thought, smiling at them affectionately. 

The three of them had come back to their apartment building by 5:30 am, drunk as . They sang nonsense loudly while entering the gates, earning a warning look from the security guard and annoyed stares from residents who were leaving for their jobs and morning exercise.

 "Good night Jae hyung. Or should I say, Good morning Jae hyung" Jongup said looking at Youngjae, wearing the stupidest smile. They dropped him off on his floor, to proceed up to theirs by the elevator. Youngjae normally would have felt the urge to smack that stupidity off his face, But he himself was a drunken mess. So he only laughed like a maniac as he walked towards his apartment, letting himself in and proceeding to his room.

He stripped himself down to his boxers and flung himself onto his bed. Soon he drifted off to sleep.