Just A Little Longer...

Just A Little Longer

(Flora POV)
In Super Junior's dorm, Ryeowook is having breakfast with Leeteuk, Heechul, Kangin, Yesung and Kyuhyun. They had spent a night with Ryeowook yesterday, a gathering between the members, as he will enlist tomorrow. But today, his heart and soul are no longer here in the dorm, but wandering in another place, in a female's heart, whom he will miss so dearly. The members notice the younger's soulless presence, and get the message loud and clear. After breakfast, they all give Ryeowook a warm hug and some helpful advices from his hyungs that had experienced the military life. 

" Go spend the day with her, Wook. She needs you." Yesung gives him a pat on the shoulder before leaving with the other members. 

After they left, Ryeowook quickly changes into a white T-shirt, a denim jacket, and dark blue jeans. He takes a look in the mirror, and leaves the dorm. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I sit at the dining table, plates unwashed, feeling somewhat down and gloomy. Wookie is enlisting tomorrow, and I don't know how will I do without him in the next two years. I know that every Korean man must fulfill his duty to serve his country, but I can't seem to let him go. I didn't tell him these of course, because I don't want him to worry or feel bad. I don't want him to think that I'm throwing a fit or a tantrum. But I'll miss him, so so much... 

Ding dong~

I jump a little, startled at the sudden ring of the doorbell. I peek at the cat's eye, and open the door quickly after seeing Ryeowook at the door. The first thing he does is to hug me tightly, which I gladly return the hug. 

" Wookie, aren't you with the others? Shouldn't you be with your members...?" 

" We have the day to ourselves Flora. Go get changed, we're going out today." He says with a smile while pushing me lightly to my room. 

As he closes the door, I change into my favourite pink dress and a denim jacket similar to Ryeowook's. After combing my hair and putting on lip gloss I enter the living room again, giving him an appreciative smile when I see the plates washed and back in place. 

" So, where do you want to go?" He asks while coming over to hold my hand. 

" Well since I'm always the one choosing previously, I'll follow you today Wookie~" 

" Me? Umm... Ok, let's go then. My car is just up front." 


SM Coex Atrium... Why are we here? I look at him questionably and without an answer he just leads me into the building. He takes me to the front seat nearest to the stage and signals me to sit down. Then he walks to the back stage, leaving me confused. 

" Wookie... What are you doing...? Is something on today?" 

" Isn't it obvious? Holding a concert of course~" He flashes a smile while fumbling with the sound system. 

"A concert just for you." 

My heart flutters upon hearing his words. As he is getting ready at the backstage, I look around. It is a rare experience where it's just the two of us in this big place. The seats are usually full and the place will be crowded during events. Suddenly, the lights dimmed, leaving a single spotlight shining on stage, shining on the man who stole my heart. 

" Ah ah, mic test one two..." Ryeowook's voice echoes throughout the hall. 

" Hello~ Welcome to the first stop of our date today. Ah ha ha... Well this is a little awkward... Umm, let's start with a love song shall we? I hope you enjoy it, Flora~" He says a little awkwardly with the tone he usually uses when he is hosting Kiss The Radio. 

The music starts playing and he sings 'Loving you' as the first song. His voice fills the whole hall. His soft, slightly high-pitched voice that warms my heart everytime I listen to him. He has that mysterious power to make a person calm just by singing or just talking. Oh how I will miss his voice for the next two years... The show continues with 'One Fine Spring Day', 'The Little Prince', 'Dorothy' and 'We Can'. For an hour or so his voice and my cheers are the only sounds that can be heard throughout the hall. 

" ...Well, I guess its already time for the last song. But, I'm going to have some help with it." He says with a wink before walking towards me as the intro of 'Happy Together' plays in the background. 

" Sing with me Flora." He hands me a microphone and gently pulls me on stage. 

" But... I can't sing Wookie..." 

" It's ok, just follow my lead." 

Our voices blend together in the hall, gazes locking into each other's eyes, hands still entwined. So this is the feeling of singing on such a big stage. Although there's only the two of us I still feel nervous, and it definitely shows in my voice, it's hard to imagine how he dominates even the largest stage at every show, facing all kinds of people all around the world. 

To my relief, the song ends smoothly. He laughs as I let out a sigh of relief. The grumbling sound of my stomach adds on to my embarrassment and his laugh becomes louder. Pouting slightly, I swing my hand to hit him, only letting him to catch it easily. 

" Ok, ok, I'll stop laughing, haha... Come, let's go have lunch." He heads out while holding my hand. We eat our lunch at a restaurant nearby. When we are almost done, a group of teenage girls slowly approaches our table. 

" Excuse me, are you Ryeowook?" One of the girls asks shyly. When he nods, their eyes brighten, glowing with excitement. 

" We are fans of yours, can you give us your autograph? Please?" They ask eagerly, hoping to get a positive response. Ryeowook turns to look at me and after I nod he starts signing and taking photos with them. 

" Umm, who are you...?" A girl that is staring at me since they approach him finally asks. 

" My girlfriend." Before I answer Ryeowook states without looking up from signing his autograph. 

" Huh?!" Well that manages to draw the group's attention to me... It's not like we announce our relationship to the public media, just to official fan bases and friends, so I'm not surprised that they do not know. Now I can feel some cold glares towards me... 

" I say, she is my girlfriend." As he finished signing, he looks up at the group and repeats his statement. He holds my hand to pull me closer, proving his point, and has a hidden meaning of: Don't you dare to do anything to my girl. Upon seeing these, the group look away from me and thank him before leaving quickly. My heart feels warm after seeing him being protective towards me. He rarely shows this side of him because he usually has this cutesy and warm image in front of fans. 

After lunch, he takes me to a mall. I ask him if it's ok that there's the chance of people recognizing him at such crowded places. He replies me with a drawer full of masks and hats. In the end, we enter the mall wearing a black cap each, still holding hands. 

" Oppa, where are we going?" 

" You'll see." 

He takes me directly to a boutique. I'll assume that he knows the owner because as soon as the salesgirl sees us, she gives him a nod and turns the sign to 'Closed'. 

" Take a look around Flora, and tell me which one you like, it's your birthday present afterall." 

" Birthday... present?" 

" Mmm hmm, since I'll be off to the military just before your birthday, so I want to make it up to you first." Hearing this reminds me of whats happening tomorrow and makes my heart sinks a a little, but I didn't show it, I don't want to worry him more. 

I give him a little smile and start looking around. There are a lot of cute dresses here and it suits my style. Ryeowook stays beside me the whole time, giving comments once in a while. He watches me searching through the dresses like a child finding candies, amused at my childlike smile and murmurs. After a lot of trying and filtering, I choose a mint green dress with white round collars. After paying, he takes me to another shop, this time full of jewelries. He goes straight to the counter. 

" Sir, how can I help you?" 

" I would like that heart shaped necklace at the display please."

My eyes widen at the necklace she takes out. It's the one that I like last time we passed by here, and I didn't even tell him. Well, I did have my eyes glued to it for a while... Surprised, I look at him as he pays for the necklace. 

" It's for the year after. I'll still be away at that time..." He smiles at me and gives my hand a tight squeeze. 

" Thanks so much Wookie... You really don't have to..." I give him a tight hug and manage to sneak a kiss when no one is watching. 

By the time we exit the mall, it's almost sunset. He drives to a park we always hang out at. When we first came here we found a spot by luck that is hidden from the crowd and has a beautiful view of the pond. Plus the park is near to both my house and his dorm, so we usually have dates here. We sit on the grass and he leans on a tree, facing the pond. He then presses my head on his shoulder lightly, letting me lean on him. We can see the sun setting, getting closer and closer to its reflection on the pond. 

Although the scene is beautiful, my heart is slowly being engulfed in sadness again. Sunset simply means that today is almost over, and tomorrow is getting closer by the minute. I don't want him to leave... No, not now, not yet... Ugh, thinking of this is making me tear up again, but I just can't get it off of my mind. Unable to stop it, tears escape my eyes and flow freely down my cheeks. 

" Flora...? Oh, now now don't cry, what's the matter..." Noticing my sniffles, Ryeowook look down at me surprised. He hug me closer to him, a hand patting my back trying to sooth my cries. 

" Oppa... Don't go tomorrow, please... I.. I'll really miss you... I don't want you to go... Can you stay... Just a little longer..." I mumble while burying my head into his chest. Tears can't seem to stop, and my cries are slowly becoming audible. 

Ryeowook stays silent, listening to my little outburst. He tries to calm me by my hair softly, but I'm still being emotional. It is until I feel him shivering a little that I look up at him, only to see tears rolling down his cheeks. Well, that does stop me from crying for the moment. 

" ...Wookie?" 

" ... ...To be honest, I'm worried too. What if I can't do well in the army... What if they don't like me... I... I'm scared Flora..." The last few words are nearly a whisper. Now I'm feeling guilty and selfish... He is having a hard time and stressed out too, and what do I do? Nothing! I'm being too engrossed in my own feelings to even notice that... All I do is worry him more, and I should be the one to protect him, to comfort him, not the other way round... 

" I'm sorry... I'm just making you feel worse... I didn't mean to..." I wipe away his tears and hug him tighter. I feel his grip tightens too as he takes a deep breath. 

" It's ok, it's not your fault, don't be too hard on yourself. Come, lets go home." He smiles weakly at me and helps me up. 

The drive back home is silent, but we never let go of the other's hand throughout the ride. When we reach my house, he leads me to the door. 

" So, I guess I'll see you tomorrow ok?" Ryeowook gives me a kiss on the forehead and turns around, ready to leave. Quickly, I grab his hand. 

" Wookie, umm... Can you stay with me tonight? I want to be with you a little longer... I, I'll cook dinner~" I look at him pleadingly as he turns to face me. 

" Well since you're being so sincere... I'll stay. Let me grab some stuff from the dorm first. And while I'm at it, I'm going to expect a delicious dinner when I come back~" He winks cheekily at me before driving off to his dorm. 

After he left, I hurry to the kitchen to decide what to cook. Based on the ingredients I have left, two plates of fried rice shouldn't be a problem. With things decided, I start cooking. I manage to finish just in time as I hear the doorbell ring. Ryeowook enters with a smile, noticing the delicious smell in the air. 

" Well, I'm impressed Flora. You never disappoint." He gives me a peck on the cheeks as a token of appreciation. 

We eat dinner quietly and he helps me with the dishes, shoo-ing me to rest and take a bath. Then we sit on the couch watching music shows on TV, enjoying each other's company. He has his hands wrapped around my shoulders while I lean on him. We do not speak much, as the feeling of the others presence is enough. Soon after, we turn off the TV and get ready for bed. I am lying sideways on my bed, comfortably in my blanket when I feel the bed sinks in at one side. Two arms wrap around me and pull me closer to him. I turn around and nuzzle into his chest, smelling the lingering fragrance of flowers from his body shampoo. In response, he hugs me tighter. 

" Goodnight, Flora." He whispers to my ear, making my heart skip a beat. He plants his lips on mine softly and I follow the rhythm, letting him take the lead. It is not aggressive nor forceful, but a sweet soft kiss filled with somewhat a bittersweet feeling. As our lips part ways, I lean in the his ears and whisper back. 

" Goodnight, Wookie." 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

" ...Morning sunshine~" 

I open my eyes just to screw it tight again as the morning sun shines directly into my bedroom. I roll over to the other side and open my eyes again, noticing the missing someone beside me. I look up to see him sitting beside me at the edge of the bed, dressed in a simple T-shirt, black jacket and jeans. The only thing different that reminds me of his enlistment is this shaved hair. 

" Sigh, it's time isn't it..." I sigh and he smiles weakly in response. Oh how I wish that time will stop last night, then today will never come. 

" Go get ready dear, breakfast is ready. Leeteuk hyung is already at the dining table. I'll be waiting outside." He leans in with a morning kiss before exiting my room. 

I wash up quickly before changing into the mint green dress he bought for me yesterday. After combing my hair I enter the dining room, greeting Leeteuk oppa before sitting down next to Ryeowook. 

" You look gorgeous Flora." He whispers to me and I giggle at that satisfied look of his. 

We finish breakfast in silence afterwards. Then, Leeteuk drives us to Ryeowook's to-be training camp. During the whole journey Ryeowook leans on my shoulder, our hands entwined. Soon we arrive at the destination. His fans are already waiting outside, holding supportive banners for Ryeowook. Ryeowook and Leeteuk exit the car first and I follow slowly behind a group of tall muscular bodyguards. I stop near the group of fans while they walk up to the front. The fans cheer for Ryeowook as he gives his speech and does his big bow. Leeteuk also teaches him how to salute, the right way. 

Finally he comes over to take a group photo with fans. I know this is the final part before he enters the camp, so I'm a little taken aback when he suddenly reaches for my hand and pulls me to the front with him. I look at him wide-eyed and he just grins back at me. 

" I know there are media reporters as well as fans here, so hear me out, I want to make something official today. This woman that I am holding hands with, is my girlfriend. Hence, I sincerely hope that all of you will take care of her while I am away. Please don't treat her badly, promise?" He says this in front of everyone, hands never letting go of mine. My heart just reach my throat when I hear his announcement, is he trying to kill me? 

" Yes oppa~" His fans reply with loud cheers, making me feel a little relieve. At least I don't get a bunch of sharp glares...

He smiles and nods to his fans before turning to face me. I can feel my heartbeat speed up as he pulls me closer. My eyes widen with shock when his lips meet mine with a passionate kiss. From this kiss, I can feel his feelings. I can feel his love for me, his passion towards me, and how he is going to miss me for the next two years. Well, a kiss is stronger than a thousand words. 

He breaks away a while later, both of us out of breath. He then stifles back a giggle when he sees my burning red face and embarrassed look. Even Leeteuk is in awe looking at us. 

" ...Wookie! Why do you have to do it in front of everyone! Do you want to get me killed..." I whisper sharply at him, pouting and worrying for dear life. 

" Don't worry, you'll live. I have the promise of our ELFs~" He grins at me while pinching my hot red cheeks. 

" ...It's about time, I should get going now." He embraces me into another hug, hands my long hair. 

" Flora, I love you." He whispers to me before facing the fans again. 

" This is Ryeowook from Super Junior. We are Super Juni-or! I'll see everyone in two years!" He makes a 90 degree bow and does Super Junior's signature move. 

" We are ELF!" After hearing ELFs' replies, he smiles and walks into the training camp. 

Although I try to be calm the whole time, a tear still trickles down my cheeks. Before he gets out of sight I call out to him. 

" Kim Ryeowook, I love you too!" He turns and gives me a small wave before the camp gates close completely. 

Standing there, I smile. Although I am still going to miss him so much, but I know he will do well in the army. Two years is just a number, no matter how long it takes, I will always wait for him. 

So... 

Let the countdown begin.