Chapter 2

If I'm Gone, She Won't Be Safe (ON HOLD)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
CHAPTER TWO; TOUGH LUCK.

"There's nothing we can do anymore sir, if he wanted to stay on that planet then that is his own choice. He went against his kingdom and people for the sake of one girl, he ignored your call for return so I can no longer be responsible for him like you wish for me to be" Yongguk stared up at the leader of all leaders with hard, blank eyes that lacked any emotion that his master wanted to see from him. The king of MATO Planet stared at him from where he sat, disbelief and desperation on his face as he looked at the leader of his strongest warriors.

"You created that robot yourself, you fought for him to go on that mission with you and before that you spent countless hours arguing and debating with me so he could train with you. And now you're just going to leave him there on that planet all alone?" The king asked and Yongguk stared at him with eyes unwavering.

"I will do what I can for those who want to be on my side, but I will not do anything for those who go against me like he has" Yongguk answered and the king shook his head, bring his hands to his head as he rubbed his temples, sending Yongguk a look of irritation.

"What made you this way Yongguk? I know you have a heart in there" The king pleaded and Yongguk scoffed.

"Who wanted strong fearful warriors sir? Good day" Yongguk bowed, his eyes meeting the deep red carpet beneath his feet as he lowered his upper body. When he stood straight he turned and left the room without looking back to see the disappointed eyes of his king.

"Daehyun, I can only hope that one of you can talk sense into that leader of yours, alas I hope that the rest of you haven't forgotten that Zelo is your brother as much as he is a team member" The king reached for his glass of water, not looking in Daehyun's direction. Daehyun stared at the king's defeated figure as a long pause overtook the room, then he adjusted the mask over his face and turned his back from the king as well.

I haven't forgotten Zelo's importance, rather I envy him, he was brave enough to speak up where I couldn't.

And because of that I couldn't remain by her side. I failed her when she put her trust in me. So tell me great king, how can I fight for that?

------------

The air surrounding the stadium was heated, sweat could be seen dripping down the faces to the necks of those in battle. Training was only getting harder, MATO Planet needed all the defences they could get, which meant their great warriors had to become even greater. Training was also running further into the night with each passing day, the king of MATO Planet hadn't told them what they were preparing for yet, but Jongup knew it must have been something important, something big if the king didn't believe they were already strong enough to take on whoever or whatever was coming their way. Jongup panted as he sent his fist forward again with all the strength he could muster, his opponent felt the impact of his fist, flying back from the weight of the punch, his feet leaving the ground and not reaching it again until he was several meters away from Jongup and his back had hit the ground first.

"Jongup and Dada MATO are the winners!" Youngjae gave Jongup a slap on the back, congratulating him on his win even though it was expected. Matoki's were free to do as they pleased on their planet, Dada MATO thought nothing of the win and went over to the gym equipment, grabbing a pair of weights in his little hands and beginning a set of exercises he could be seen doing for hours every day. Jongup removed his black shirt, using it to wipe away the sweat he had gathered over the countless rounds of battling he had just completed. Jongup walked away, leaving the arena and walking the streets to where and the other five warriors lived, his neighbors were four more warriors grouped off together, they caused quite the commotion in the late hours of the night and Jongup snarled as he heard loud music playing already.

Jongup wanted to sleep, but he knew that probably wouldn't happen with the neighbors holding another one of their raves in the house next to him. Yongguk came marching through the front door not long after Jongup had made himself comfortable in bed. Jumping in shock from the door slamming as Jongup could hear Yongguk's angry footsteps. He knew that he would be coming to check if he was home so he stuffed the picture in his hand back under the corner of his mattress and waited for the door to open and for Yongguk to turn the light to his room back on. And his leader did just as he predicted him to do, he stomped his way to where Jongup was hiding and the door clicked opened, swinging wide to show the shadow of the leader before he was flicking the light on and Jongup was squinting at the sudden brightness.

"You are home" Yongguk gruffed and Jongup covered his eyes.

"You can see in the dark but you still insist on turning the light on every night" Was how the younger replied but Yongguk ignored his whining and complaints to look around the room.

"Don't let it get messy in here" He commanded, turning the light off and shutting the door behind him. Jongup listened to him walking away from the room and sighed, turning to lay on his side so that his back was facing the door.

------------

It's as if Daehyun was never once capable of talking, ever since he had returned to his homeland he had returned to the shallow, silent Mato warrior that fought for a living and protected his country for a living. Even his own members couldn't get along with him in the same way they did when they were away from their planet. He kept to himself more than he ever did before, his mask covering his lower face and his eye set in a permanent glare. He made sure Yongguk hadn't seen him listening to his conversation with their king, he stayed hidden and not even Yongguk's strong senses could sort him out from all the fancy furniture their king owned. And now he walked under the light of the moon on his own, the cold air brushing the material of the warm clothes he wore, sometimes he would remember the clothes he was wearing when he got back to their home planet, and he would slip on the jacket he had been wearing that came from Earth, just for an extra layer of warmth, sometimes he wore it over his clothes before he would go to the stadium, covering the clothes he would train and battle in until he had to take it off to fight. But it hardly reminded him of the planet he had bought it from, he couldn't even remember the memories that came with the item of clothing, more because he didn't want to, rather than his brain failing him.

He didn't know where he was going, Daehyun knew he should have been going home, Yongguk would have been back by now, but he couldn't find it in himself to want to go back. The things that felt like home before leaving this planet were now somewhat weird in Daehyun's eyes, he guessed that it meant he must have liked being on Earth, having grown accustomed to the way on that planet more than he had realized, like even now, after being back for so long, Daehyun was still questioning why his favorite hill to hide away on was purple, why couldn't it be green like normal grass? Those were the thoughts Daehyun was constantly having lately, thinking of everything but nothing at the same time, anything that wasn't th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter