2. Johnny the cyborg

Human-Cyborg relations (an unlikely romance)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Johnny wakes up at 9 a.m. on the dot, some could joke it was like he had a clock inside him, and they weren't that far off. Due to his family's hectic life they always had to be on time for everything so when they were turned into cyborgs they had asked for an extra feature of an alarm timetable so everything would be done as planned. Having your life planned for you to the second and you not being able to do anything against it was something Johnny didn't really enjoy. He wanted to be able to not know what came next, he craved the unpredictable. He had never wanted to be a cyborg in the first place, his parents made him go through the procedure at 18 because they permanently looked like they were 27, age when they had Johnny, so their son couldn't be very old when turned into a cyborg, but he also couldn't be very young since he would remain the same and to live his life he needed to look like an adult. So for some reason they decided 18 was the perfect age and proceeded with modifying their son.

After staring at the white ceiling for 5 minutes the servant knocked on his door to tell him that his parents awaited him at the dining table for breakfast. With a sigh he gets up, takes a shower and gets changed before he makes his way to the dining area where his parents sat. Just like the rest of his house everything was in shades of white and transparent with marble and crystals as decoration. It felt boring and constricting, but he had to hold it in and ignore the whiteness of the place. The breakfast is mostly silent, with only his father telling them that they would go to see a  dance showcase because his friend was the patron of one of the dancers. It wasn't like Johnny didn't already knew, as it was already imbued in the timetable.

The rest of the day goes as usual, Johnny studies, plays violin and piano, stares at the ceiling, goes to balcony and observes the life below and then gets ready to go out to the showcase. 

Being a patron of an artist wasn't unusual for cyborgs as they had many time and money in their hands to spend. While most of the ones being under the patronage were cyborgs, sometimes there were humans too, but it was rather rare and looked down

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter