So distant yet familliar

Sunflower and You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

She’s been all drenched from the rain before. How can I let such a beau—ehm my little sister in law get all wet, she might get cold! I can’t let that happened. I’ve been looking to the drawer looking for some cups, maybe she can use........oppa’s cup. His favorite light blue cup with a little sun flower and a big letter ‘M’ on it, perfectly fit with his uniqe taste and his love for sunflower. I always it would makes him so girly whenever he used the cup, especially when he drinks with his little finger pointing upward. I actually wanted to ask him where did he buy it, so we can have a couple cup. But sadly, I’m too proud to ask back then. I regret that.

“Two spoon—two spoon, two little spoon, mix mix mix” I make a small hum as I pour some hot water for the coffee into two cups. I didn’t know I could make a little smile over a cup of coffee. It’s been a while, I muttered. But—been a while of what? I kinda confused of my own word.

“unnie—thanks for the bath and the clothes”. Ah—she just finished her bath—Just in time, I thought. It’s been a while since I bring a person home since that day. I don’t know if it’s okay to bring her home. She basically a stranger—just a person that I just literally meet less than 3 hours ago, Moon byuli. Still, I can’t forget the image of her back standing in solitude at the graveyard. So distant yet familliar, it’s almost scary how she can resembles oppa even from the far. Charming.

“Byul ssi here’s your coffee” I put her cup on the table, waving her to come over as I focused on cleaning the sugar that dropped here—and there on the table. “Gomawo, Thanks Yongsun unnie. But please drop the honorific you can just call me byul! I’m literally not a stranger, unniee” “I’m your little sister! we just—happened to just meet” she sound so serious yet she end it with a giggle. wait,-happened to just meet basicly same as stranger, isn’t it?. “uhh—haha okay b-byul ah” I’m kinda not ready with that kind of reply, I’m pretty shy with stranger you know—.

As I finished with the sugar stuff then looked up, she already stand in front of  the table holding the hot cup while pouting cutely blowing air for the coffee. Gulp—how can a person looks so stunning in a simple oversize white shirts and a simple blue jeans. “g-glad the clothes fits you byul-ah. It looks good on you” I’m a bit shuttered, the saliva inside suddenly just choked my throat, nervous. “Gomawo unnie, it seems we have same sense in fashion” she smile innocently as drink up the coffee. Oh wait, her little finger also pointing up! Just like—No, she’s not him. It would be rude for me to always compare her. But that smile, I just can’t.....

 

It’s been 10 minutes, we just sit infront of each other befriend with silent and the hot coffee that getting colder. Words do not coming, but I don’t hate it. Befriend with the cup isn’t that bad though. As she looks starting to enjoy the silent I suddenly breaks it.

“um—byul, how can oppa not telling me about you—his little sister? Even though I’ve know him for years, and 2 years of marriage ofcourse” is that too straight forward?. “um—I mean, why don’t you pay us a visit before?” “no—I mean, I wonder if only oppa would introduce us before—introduce his family” “I mean, he shouldn’t have to hide anything since we are married.......his family is my family too—well I have no family to be shared with though, I’m an orphan...” I said faint.

“Whoaa—wait, wait unnie! hahaha you’ve been asking so much in instant! Does my charming look curious you?” she laugh and let out another smile. This time she smile with her muscle nose. It’s diffrent from my oppa’s smile but strangely I found it so cute. “I didn’t know you can smile cutely with your muscle nose, byul” I said without thinking.

She looks a bit startled, the smile soon dissapear as she tried to calm down. She look down to her coffee, curving up her lips while gently c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter