Peeling the layers of you

Peeling the layers of you
Please log in to read the full chapter

“I’m complex with many layers, like an onion. You think you know me, but that’s only because you haven’t realised that there’s more underneath.”

Woohyun looks up at Sunggyu’s words, tears in his eyes. He drags the back of his hand to dab the wetness away.

“Shut up, stop talking.”

But Sunggyu wouldn’t stop.

“I’m serious, did you think I was not?”

Woohyun’s nose is running a little now. He sniffs, and tries not to cry.

“I don’t care if you’re serious, I just –”

“Just what?” Sunggyu interrupts.

“I just want you to stop talking,” Woohyun sniffs. “Oh god, you’re so annoying.”

Sunggyu looks at him with narrow eyes. Woohyun doesn’t know what he did so wrong to deserve this.

“Why are you even talking?” He asks, then squeezes his eyes close. God, he needs to stop sniffing and tearing up. He drags the sleeve of his shirt across his face. “Can you just shut up for two seconds? Is that so hard?”

Sunggyu looks at him indignantly, but stops talking for once.

“Good, thank you,” Woohyun almost shouts, but stops himself from being too loud in time. He doesn’t need to appear crazier than he already thinks he is.

Unfortunately, his peace doesn’t last long, because Sunggyu’s mouth opens again.

“Are you even going to try?”

Woohyun eyes Sunggyu.

“Try what?”

“Try peeling back all my different layers to see who I am underneath –”

“In case you didn’t notic

Please log in to read the full chapter