The Cup A Travel

POMME | Monsant Christmas

 

Dara woke up at the streaks of sunlight coming out from her window. Her head aches because of hangover. She touched the other side of the bed, only to find out that Jiyong is not beside her anymore. Later is Christmas eve; Jiyong prepared a party in Monsant De Aewol, with their close friends and family invited.

Maybe he already went to Jeju. She thought, as she checked her phone for message, but there was none.

Dara opened her twitter because for sure, that's where she'll find updates on his boyfriend's whereabouts – but again, none. Checking instagram too, but to no avail. Everyone on her following's recent update is them flying to Jeju today.

 

She went to the kitchen and saw dried pollack soup on the counter to relieve hangover, with some sticky note that says:

“To the most beautiful palm tree: reheat and eat me.”

with a chibi drawing of her iconic palm tree hair. Her smiles are all up upon reading which she complied afterwards.

The soup tastes heavenly. His skills on cooking are no joke, which can be attributed to her mom. Dara can still remember her countless attempt to cook for Jiyong yet it always ended up being a tag team project because she can't handle it all by herself – and in desperation, she took cooking classes straight from Jiyong's mom making her feel that her skills are now at par with Gordon Ramsay.

To finish her breakfast, she went to the ref only to find another scribble that says:

“1. You're all beautiful things in this world combined.

2. You do when you're wearing my clothes.

3. Its an honor to hear that voice every minute.

4. Give me inspiration grandma, then I'll teach you.”

Dara was puzzled on what Ji was trying to say. Is this some kind of a game? A riddle perhaps? She titled her head trying to remember something stupid she did last night which was interrupted by a video call from Jiyong.

He was in his room in monsant, lying down. He just got there and is now resting for a while.

Dara was seated in the counter, both her smooth legs are exposed because of the long white tee she's just wearing.

Good morning!” Dara greeted in her usual lively self.


“How can you be so distracting this early morning?”, Jiyong teased with an extended smile.

“Have you eaten the soup? Is the hangover gone?” he worriedly added.


“I'm perfectly fine Mr..” Dara sweetly replied. “Oh.. by the way what are those messages you left in the ref?” She quizzically looked at him.


“Ah. That's you being your krung krung self.” He smiles non stop and raked his hairs away from his wide forehead.


“How pretty I am?” “Do I look cool sometimes?” “Can I change my annoying voice too?” “How do you do that SKRRRRT?” Jiyong annoyingly imitated her small voice and acting cute trying his best to copy her.

Her cheeks flushed red and could only massage her temples. “Heol~~ I am embarrased” Dara declared.


“Do you miss something on babe?” he teased again out of nowhere making Dara straight up and inspect herself.


She touches every part of her body inspecting everything from his feet up. She almost yelled and dropped the phone when her hands touched her .

 

Damn!

 

Her bra is missing!


“KWON JIYOOOOOOONGGGG!” she fumingly shouted at him on the other line, and he was just rolling on the floor laughing.

 

She went back to their room and throw all the pillows, looked under the blanket and bed sheet, went over to the restroom but her cup A bra is nowhere to be found.

 

“YA! WHERE IS IT?” her little sweet voice reached even higher and Jiyong is still enjoying his insane plan.

 

Dara sighed in defeat and slumped herself on top of the bed, pouting while begging for the crazy man on her phone right now, “JIYOOOOONGGG~ Where is it?”


With his tummy aching because of dinosaur-like laugh, he adjusted the camera angle showing the other side of his bed and Dara was flabbergasted and mortified by what she saw:

Her black lacey bra travelled to Jeju, lying comfortably on Jiyong's bed!

 

A loud laugh was unleashed by the dragon as he was trying hard to squeeze in the words “Merry Christmas! See you later Jagiya. Love you!”


“W—w-WAIT!” Dara protested but he hang up. She was left speechless and annoyed at his boyfriend's ultimate prank for the day. It made her question her sanity, why she loves this sometimes abnormal dragon, but a smile curved on the sides of her lips thanking for normal times like this as if they aren't some famous figures on the face of this planet.

--
 

Soonho was instructed by Jiyong to accompany Dara to check on the cafe. Contradicting to what everyone knows, Jiyong does not wholly owns Monsant De Aewol – it was a couple investment with Dara owning 30%, while Jiyong has 70%.

She wanted to check if everything is functioning smoothly and of course, to lowkey promote their business. She freely discusses her smart opinions and sensible feedbacks to Soonho who happens to know, and to the general manager. From the food to the service, Dara is very particular to every detail and strives hard to deliver something different to their growing cafe.

 

After her business slash relaxation trip, she went straight to Dolce Vita where Jiyong and his fam is waiting for her.

Its been 3 months since they last saw their “Goddess daughter-in-law” according to Jiyong's parents.

The fam adored and loved her so much it came to a point they asked GD to secretly marry her only to assure that they will end up together.

Dara is welcomed by tight hug of Jiyong's older sister, Dami.


“Aigoo... you never really age. Do you?" Dami joked, "Merry Christmas!”She added while helping Dara take off her coat.


“Kamsa, Unnie. Merry Christmas! You look brighter and blooming today too.” She complimented back.

Omma and Appa is in the kitchen preparing the food for the party aaand Jiyong went somewhere but he'll be back.” Dami informed.

Aish! That dragon purposely escaped. If I caught him I'll tore his meat to pieces. She talked lowly to herself while the case of her travelling bra came to haunt her again.
“What's that dongsaeng?” The older sister questioned as she thought she heard something.

Oh. Nothing Unnie. I'll just drop my things off and change. I'll help Omma in cooking.” Dara smiled in relief because threatening their precious Jiyong inside his territory is a bloody bad idea.
 

-- 


In the kitchen, mama kwon and papa kwon are busy preparing some of the food that will be served later at the party. They are bickering over the sweetness of the red bean when Dara silently entered the kitchen and scooped some of the red bean to taste. “mmmm!”

See, our daughter loves it.” Papa Kwon casually said like Dara was just a resident in their house.

A momentary pause happened, to process that Sandara arrived earlier than other guests to help them.

Annyeong omma, appa. I came! Merry Christmas!” She break the silence with her cute, sweet greeting coupled with a peace sign.

Aigooo~! Uri Dara is here!” “You look prettier every time” Mama Kwon rejoiced as she gently cupped Dara’s small face.

Without further ado, Dara tied her hair up and proceeded with slicing the vegetables while exchanging stories and funny happenings back in Seoul.

 

Jiyong silently walked his way to her. Good thing, the kitchen counter back faces the entrance.

A pair of hands slid through Dara’s slim waist, locking her tightly, and a quick peck landed on her cheek. He slightly rocked her side to side while holding her close. His warmth and scent is too familiar to her, she smiled and returned the kiss on his cheek. Jiyong comfortably rested his chin on her shoulder.

Omma, how’s the wife training so far?” He joked, still rested on his girlfriend’s shoulder.

Upon hearing the word “wife” Dara’s face flushed red as it is very rare for Jiyong to address her like that. There’s something in the word “wife” that makes her heart flutter and fuel her daydream of actually becoming a lovely wife to Jiyong.

She’s being taught by the best, Son. Don’t worry.” Mama Kwon winked and high fived Dara.

Papa Kwon started dancing while singing I Am The Best causing roars of laughter inside the kitchen.

After their laughs subsided, Jiyong's dad opened the most anticipated topic of the century.

You two, Palli and give us cute grandchildren! You can leave your child with us as you work.” He suggested like it was the easiest thing in the world.

Ohh. Trust me their on their way to that!” Mama Kwon confidently retorted while side eyeing the young couple.

 

Oh my God.

 

Did she saw my bra on Jiyong’s bed?

 

Dara is hyperventilating inside, not knowing what to respond because its hella embarrassing.

Her pitiful small cup bra, was seen by Jiyong’s mom.

 

Eottokke?

 

How to breathe?

 

/PRETENDS TO BE DEAD/

 

Dara reached for the swivel chair where Jiyong is seated. She grabbed his right thigh under the counter and squeezed it until she got his full attention.

Her facial expression and eye contact tries to communicate but Jiyong is terribly bad at reading gestures.

Omma, Dara confirms that it was hers.”

 

WHAT

THE

JIYONG.

 

*FACE PALMS*

 

--

Hello~~~

Sorry for the weekend hiatus. 

I hope you're having a great day everyday.

FIGHTING! 

-ro