(\_/)

Lonely No More
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

While the nice man, Jin, was taking a shower, Jungkook decided to explore the apartment and made sure not to touch anything. His expression was that of awe and curiousity as he looked at everything while his ears twitched every so often to keep a lookout for Jin's return. Jungkook had seen the kitchen, bathroom, and now the living room, and wondered if he should check out the other rooms. Jin had said it was okay, so Jungkook decided to have a quick look. He walked past the door he knew led to the bathroom and tried the one next to it, he opened the door and took a peek inside.


Jungkook was right away met with Jin's scent and figured this must be the human's room and was going to leave for privacy reasons, but the scent was just too alluring. So he found himself stepping inside and taking a quick glance of the room before walking over to the desk by the window. Jungkook pulled back the curtain a bit and saw it had started raining, heavily, making him scrunch up his nose in distaste as he turned away to look at the rest of the room. He walked over to the small bookshelf and let his fingers trail across the spines of each book, curious about what stories they held. Jungkook knew how to read a little, but he wasn't confident enough to just pick up a book and read it all; he was sure there would be words he didn't know.
 

Deciding to move on, Jungkook turned around and was drawn to the open closet. Part of it was messy and he figured it was from Jin rummaging around to find clothes for him, the idea putting a small smile on his face as he reached out and touched the soft fabric of a sweater. The scent in this room really put Jungkook at ease, like he really could be safe and sound here. He was too distracted to notice anything else from then on, his ears not picking up the sound of the water being turned off nor of a door opening a few moments later. Jungkook was then startled out of his wits when a gentle hand landed on his shoulder, making him gasp and step back right into the closet door; leaving him cornered.
 

Jungkook's heart was pounding in his chest as he looked at the human with big and scared eyes, afraid he was going to get scolded for rummaging around. But Jin only dropped the hand that was on his shoulder and took a step back to give him space, confusing Jungkook. The latter took a cautious step to the side to put more distance between them and was surprised to see Jin stay put, he didn't even try to grab at him.
 

"I'm really sorry if I scared you, Jungkook, but I was calling you and you didn't answer." said Jin with an apologetic expression.
 

Jungkook tilted his head to the side in confusion, not recalling hearing Jin's voice prior to this. His eyes then wandered to the sweater in the closet and realized he must have gotten distracted to the point where his senses shut down.
 

"Do you like this sweater?" asked Jin as he reached into the closet and took it out.
 

Jungkook got a better look at it and saw it was a soft looking pullover with baby blue and white stripes, like the socks he was wearing. He stepped forward without thinking and reached out to touch the soft sleeve with both hands, a smile appearing on his face as he brought it up to his cheek and closed his eyes.
 

"Want to try it on?" asked Jin.
 

Jungkook opened his eyes wide and looked up at him in disbelief, seeing a warm and sincere smile on the human's face. His face grew warm and this funny feeling happened in his stomach, making him avert his gaze as he reluctantly shook his head.
 

"It's okay, Jungkook, I don't mind." said Jin kindly, not once raising his voice or showing impatience.
 

Jungkook hesitantly looked at him again and saw how Jin was already bunching up the sweater, then motioned for him to come a little closer. Jungkook did so and didn't really know what to expect, but he definitely wasn't expecting the careful and gentle way Jin put the sweater over his head; careful of his bunny ears. He then helped Jungkook guide his arms into the sleeves and lightly tugged the sweater down so it fit just right. When he was done, Jin took a step back and inspected his work.
 

"Aw, you look so cute~" he cooed with a broad smile.
 

Feeling himself blush again, Jungkook didn't mind the hands on his shoulders as they gently spun him around to look into the full length mirror he hadn't noticed on the closet door. The sweater was obviously too big for him and the hem reached down past mid thigh, but it didn't look bad on him.
 

"They even match the socks you're wearing." said Jin with a laugh.
 

Jungkook looked down at his feet and a soft giggle escaped his lips when he saw that they did indeed match. Looking back up at the mirror, he took a step forward and reached out to lightly touch the glass. What looked back at him was a thin and pale bunny hybrid wearing an oversized sweater, but a smiling bunny with a bright sparkle in his eyes. He didn't see how Jin was fondly smiling at him from behind, in his own eyes a warm affection. Jungkook let his hand drop from the mirror and his smile dropped when he realized he had to give the sweater back, no matter how much he liked it.
 

"You can keep the sweater." said Jin, his tone soft.


Jungkook turned around and looked at the human in shock, seeing that smile on his face; that smile of comfort and assurance.
 

"B-But it's yours." said Jungkook, not believing this at all.
 

"You'll get more use out if it." said Jin, then his brows furrowed worriedly, "It must have been really cold out there for you."
 

Jungkook wanted to say it was alright, that he was used to being out in the cold, but didn't get a chance to because Jin was reaching out to take

Please log in to read the full chapter