First Truth (Understanding)

Just Say You Won't Let Go

 

 

I met you in the dark, you lit me up

You made me feel as though i was enough

 

  Baekhyun took a deep breath and closed his eyes. He was finally doing it, he was going to jump.

 

Flashback

 “Look, it’s the ,” Chanyeol taunted as he poked Baekhyun's chest. Hard.

 

 “S-stop it,”  Baekhyun stammered, “I-I’m not gay and I d-don’t like you touching me.”

 

 The jock barked a laugh before slamming Baekhyun into a locker with a bang, getting right up in the smaller man's face with a clenched jaw, “Are you telling me what to do right now?” His voice was almost calm, Baekhyun only barely heard him through his trembling. He knew though, that the venom in Chanyeols voice was stronger than any other snake in the world.

 

 “Answer me!” Chanyeol shouted, making Baekhyun flinch and close his eyes tighter, bracing himself for a hit. And it came, one after another.

 

  Baekhyun groaned as he was kicked to the ground once again. What did he do to deserve this? What did he ever do? Why did he have to taste blood every day? Why did he have to hold this scar in his heart? … Why did no one listen?

 

  Chanyeol kicked him in the gut one more time before getting up and spitting on Baekhyun. The bully silently started to walk away, but Baekhyun stopped him as he shakily stood up. Baekhyun couldn’t help but tear up as he yelled at the person who made him miserable to the past years of college

“What did I ever do to you!” Chanyeol stopped frozen as Baekhyun sobbed, “ Why do you do this to me every, single day! I haven't done anything to provoke even once, so why do you do this to me? Tell me please, what can I do to stop this pain! I’ve been your punching bag for the past three years Chanyeol! I’ve never spent a night without taking pills and hiding my bruises for all of my college life, because of you! It’s the first day of our last year for Pete’s sake Chanyeol, why the hell did you have to ruin it for me even today-”

 

  Baekhyun cut short, his throat was closed up too much for him to spill any more. After a moment, Chanyeol turned his head, “There’s nothing you can do,” He said, turning to Baekhyun with a sick smile. “It’s just you; your existence is a nuisance to me, and pests were made to be crushed.” Chanyeol walked to Baekhyun, making him sick to his stomach, “If you really want to stop the pain. Just die.”

 

  Baekhyun paled as Chanyeol touched his cheek, “What?”

 The bully clutched both cheeks in one hand, squeezing Baekhyun’s face painfully. “Kill yourself, end it. No one likes you, you’re a waste of space in this world. You don’t even have people who will miss you anyway. No parents, no siblings, and no friends, especially not here,” Chanyeol smirked, “Oh right, I’ll miss you. Don’t die , I wouldn’t have anyone to torture and humiliate for senior year, and that would be boring as Hell.” Chanyeol let go of Baekhyun’s face with a shove and bid him goodbye with a mocking pat on his crotch.

 

End of Flashback

 

 Baekhyun wiped away his tears and tried to calm himself, “Forget about him, Baek. It won’t matter soon enough.”

 

  Baekhyun look at the view from where he would end his life. It wasn’t anywhere spectacular, just the balcony of the school and beyond that. As much as the boy wanted to see something beautiful before he died, he wanted the school to go to ruins more, and a suicidal boy seemed to fit the criteria the best. It was seven twenty-nine, a minute later students will buzz in for classes, and they’ll meet a surprise, the boy they used to mock, dead.

 

 Goodbye world, you’re a ‘til the very end.

 

 Baekhyun closed his eyes and counted down to this death.

 

 Three

 

 Two

 

 “WAIT!”

 

 

  A hand grabbed his arm and pulled him down from behind him with surprising strength. Baekhyun whipped around to see it was. A tall-ish, chubby girl his age with light hair, full lips, tons of makeup and kind eyes staring at him with shock, recognition and anger.

 

 This spited Baekhyun, who was she to get angry with him- "What the hell were you thinking!” She yelled, suddenly hugging Baekhyun, leaving him stiff, the stranger rubbed his back and talked to him softly, something that hasn’t happened to him since he was little, “No matter what anyone says, you’re not an inconvenience, certainly not to the extent to ending yourself. Don’t let anyone tell you that because you are loved Baekhyun, people care for you.”

 

 Baekhyun almost fell for it, she said everything he dreamed for someone tell him, but it was all lies, “Yeah right,” The man spat as he pushed the girl away, “Cut it with your bull, I don’t have anyone, and I don’t need anyone. And who told you that I wanted to die because someone told me to? It’s because of people like you who fake understanding to manipulate the vulnerable. And how the hell do you know my name?”

 

 The girl beamed, shocking Baekhyun at how her cold face changed into a youthful happiness, “Don’t you remember me Baek? It’s Lee Haneul? From the orphanage?”

 

  Baekhyun’s eyes widened, could this be..? "Sunny-Hill?” He whispered. Haneul grinned wider and nodded, “Hey Bacon, what's sizzling?” She laughed as she got misty-eyed at the nostalgia.

 

  The man choked, that was their inside joke from decades ago, “Hello my Sky, whose day are you brightening?”

 

   Haneul embraced him once more, “Yours.”

 

   There was nothing more true.

 

___________________________________________________________

Haneul is actually sky in Korean so that's why that's there

(Just in case you were wondering!)