~3~

Our story

A/N

I know it's a little late for this but here's what I imagine jk's rm to look like. I know the theme mentioned was black and white and the one below is grey and white, but close enough. Plus it's a lot later now in the setting of the story than portrayed in the pic so keep that in mind.

 

Jungkook.

 

“Have you gone through it?”

Jungkook looked up from where he'd just been looking out his bedroom window, marvelling at the huge city expanse beyond it. He hadn't even heard his mother walk in. His eyes landed on the pamphlet she was holding up and he recognized it Immediately.

“Nah, not yet.” He answered, returning his gaze back to the scenery.

“You should” She answered.

“We're going in to register you next week.”

Jungkook nodded absentmindedly, not keen on discussing the subject. He'd lied, he had gone through the pamphlet. He'd stared at his for hours, had pretty much memorized all the pages.

“It's a nice school. I went there once to get a look when I was over. It's even bigger than the pamphlet makes it to be.” His mother piped, walking over to stand beside him.

“It has a nice dance program too.” She continued, toying with the corners of the pages. Jungkook nodded.

“I'll look over it tonight.” He assured, sending her a small smile. She returned the gesture.

“Good. You should go to bed soon.” She advised, handing the taller boy the pamphlet. He nodded.

“You too.”

She smiled at him, going onto her tippy toes to plant a small kiss on his forehead.

“Love you.” She said once she was done.

“Love you too.” Jungkook answered, watching as the older woman walked to the door. She sent him a final smile before closing the door behind her and his eyes fell back unto the pamphlet.

BigHit performance high.

He chuckled dryly as his eyes fell unto the incredibly lavish looking main building- and that was just the main building- and he sighed. Everything had changed so much in such a short amount of time. His old house, old school, old friends had become nothing more than just that...old. In a way even his family wasn't the same anymore. He lazily flopped himself into the Incredibly comfy mattress, wondering what Yugyeom was doing right then. Knowing his best friend- or should he say ‘old’ best friend- he was probably asleep, he wasn't exactly a late sleeper.

A set of loud footsteps was enough to pull him out of his thoughts and Jungkook guessed that Taehyung must have been back. Judging by the quiet one sided murmuring that was coming from outside his door, he knew that the other was most likely on the phone. For a brief second Jungkook was curious as to why the blonde had  left before dinner and where he'd gone, but the feeling was gone just as quick. He sighed, deciding that Taehyung’s problems were the least of his. His eyes landed on the school pamphlet one more time and he sighed, suddenly feeling very tired. He guessed now would be a good time to sleep, today had been very tiring.

…………

 

Taehyung

 

“I honestly wasn’t expecting it to happen this soon.” Taehyung mumbled into his phone, dropping unceremoniously onto his bed. A frustrated groan came from the other end of the line.

“Can’t say I didn’t see this coming. I honestly wasn’t surprised when you texted me” Yoongi replied, his voice sounding hoarse as if he’d just woken up.

“How is he by the way?” He added, and Taehyung sighed, remembering just how broken his friend had looked when he’d found him at the park.

“Not good. He didn’t say much either, just said that they’d broken up and then continued to cry for the whole car ride.” He answered and Yoongi sounded annoyed as he spoke.

“And you didn’t say or do anything? Just dropped him off at home?”

“Not really. I told him it’ll be okay but that was all I could really say. You know Jimin, when he’s sad he just tunes everything out, he wouldn’t have listened even if I said more.” Taehyung answered and Yoongi huffed, well aware that the other wasn’t lying.

“How was he when you left?” He asked again and Taehyung let out a dry chuckle.

“He was asleep when I left. Practically got knocked out right when his head made contact with the pillow.” He answered.

“Do you think he’ll come to school on monday?” He asked, knowing full well that it was a stupid question, of course Jimin would come to school, sure he got hurt easily, but he was really bad at showing it. He was resilient like that.

“Obviously. We both know that he’ll just pretend like nothing happened.” Yoongi mumbled and Taehyung huffed.

“Ugh. That Chanyeol. I knew I should never have given them my blessing.” He whined. He could practically hear Yoongi roll his eyes.

“I’m sure he has his reasons. Plus better now than later, I’m sure even you noticed that they weren’t gonna last anyways.”

Taehyung pouted, remembering how distant the two seemed to have gotten over the past few weeks. Sure he’d expected it a bit, but it was still a little bit surprising, it felt like only yesterday when he’d been gagging at how cute they.

“Ya..” He mumbled into his pillow. An exasperated sigh came from the other end of the line and Taehyung guessed that Yoongi must have been tired of the topic as well cause the other chose to change the subject.

“So how’s the soon to be new family coming along?” He asked and Taehyung groaned as he remembered how he’d ditched their first “family?” dinner.

“Nothing big has happened so far. Miss. Jeon’s as nice as I remember and her son isn’t bad either- little quiet, but not bad.”

“So how about you? How’s studying for that test coming along?” It was Yoongi’s turn to groan.

“Don’t remind me…” He mumbled and Taehyung giggled, well aware that his friend had most likely fallen asleep in the middle of studying.

“It’s okay, you’ll do fine” He assured and Yoongi huffed.

“Screw school. I’m going to bed.”

Taehyung laughed, aware that the other would just wake up early to do more studying. Sometimes he couldn’t help but feel bad for the him, having parents with such high expectations must be so stressful.

“Well in that case goodnight. We should go see Chim chim tomorrow.”

Yoongi hummed in agreement.

“You’re driving.” He added and Taehyung rolled his eyes. Of course.

……………..

 

Yoongi

 

Yoongi wasn’t one to be easily surprised, but when Taehyung had texted him a paragraph about how Jimin was supposedly in the middle of some park having a breakdown, he’d nearly had a mini heart attack. Jimin, despite his bubbly personality, between the three of them, was known to get hurt the easiest, and it bothered him to no extent when the shorter would force a smile, much less when he cried. It had only taken him a few minutes to make the connections.

Chanyeol and Jimin had been quite distant lately- especially Chanyeol who increasingly seemed to be getting more awkward each time they were together- they just went on a date (their first one in weeks) and Jimin was now crying. He had groaned, getting the implications immediately. He was no fool, he knew just how much Jimin had it for Chanyeol, but for the taller, he wasn’t too sure. He’d honestly been surprised when he’d found out that Chanyeol had agreed to even date his friend in the first place

Everyone could tell that Jimin liked the taller, but to him things between them had never seemed to be anything more than friendship. He could tell that Taehyung noticed it too cause he had tried to reason with Jimin, but the other had been so hysteric that he just couldn’t be reasoned with.

He’d given up however when the relationship had continued to last for far longer than expected, and at some point both he and the blonde had begun believing that it was going to work out….that was until a few weeks ago when Chanyeol started getting distant. Yoongi guessed that it had something to do with the taller boy moving away and that Chanyeol had probably been acting that way because he didn’t know how to break the news to Jimin.

Yoongi sighed. He’d always tried to avoid drama as much as possible since he was little, and he could pretty much catch a glimpse of all the craziness that was to come. He shook his head, looking down at the textbook and notes that were opened in front of him. He had some studying to do. His parents had been quite upset that his social marks were beginning to drag behind the rest of his classes.

He sighed. Speaking of parents he had a performance to prepare for and he was quite certain they’d be there. He groaned, letting his head fall unto his desk. This all much more than he was willing to handle.

…………….

 

Hoseok

 

“We broke up.”

Hoseok snorted. Totally saw it coming.

“Finally told him you were moving eh? Told you you should have told him earlier.” He answered, ignoring the quiet buzz of music stringing out of his headphones which now law discarded on the table. Chanyeol paused for a moment before answering.

“He didn’t break up with me. I broke up with him.”

Hoseok stopped fumbling with his guitar strings, raising a brow. This he hadn’t expected.

“Oh? Couldn’t handle the idea of a long distance relationship?”

Chanyeol sighed.

“No it wasn’t that, it’s just…” Chanyeol paused once more and Hoseok continued with his guitar, adjusting one of the tuning pegs and cringing when the note came out too flat.

“Gosh I feel like such an ….you should have seen him, he cried. For s sake I made him cry.”

Hoseok shook his head.

“Of course he cried, I’m not one to notice these things but I don’t think I’ve seen anyone be as into someone else as he was with you."

Chanyeol groaned from the other end.

“You’re not making this any better you know.”

Hoseok sighed. He was bad at these things, Chanyeol knew that, but he guessed being long time childhood friends immediately signed you up for them.

“If you feel bad, then why did you break up with him then?” He mumbled, a satisfied smile gracing his lips once the note finally came out right.

“I couldn’t let this keep going on…” Chanyeol mumbled and Hoseok sat up, putting his guitar away as he caught on the vulnerability in the other’s tone. He let Chanyeol continued.

“I’ve always liked Jimin- I think we all know that -but, I don’t know, I guess I never liked him in that way.”

Chanyeol huffed, sounding frustrated.

“When he asked me to start dating him I figured it was okay. I mean I was always happy when I was around him and so I figured what I felt for him was something more. But after about two months into the relationship I realised there really wasn’t. I enjoyed being around him like I enjoy being around you. At first I figured things would change and there were always those moments when I just felt so happy with him that I would briefly believe that it was love, or at least could be, but those didn’t last long either. I was going to cut it off much earlier but I couldn’t. I may not ‘love’ Jimin, but I really like him and didn’t think I’d be able to bare hurting him...ugh” Chanyeol groaned

“ I’m the worst.”

Hoseok let out a long exhale, realising that if Chanyeol had figured out that he wasn’t romantically interested in that relationship two months into it, and they had been dating for a year, that basically meant he’d been stuck feeling this way for 10 months.

“That’s a long time to be hiding your feeling for.” He mumbled and Chanyeol sighed.

“I know. I shouldn’t have let things gone this far.”

“Well you did.” Hoseok answered, voice coming out calm so as not to sound like an .

“And that’s fine cause you’re human and humans are always doing dumb - especially when it comes to feelings.”

Chanyeol snorted.

“Gee thanks, I feel so much better. Just blame it on the species.”

Hoseok shrugged unconsciously.

“Hey you came to me for advice, don’t expect anything more than what you’d normally get. I can tell you it’s not your fault but I sure as hell won’t cry with you over hot chocolate while I braid your hair.”

Chanyeol scoffed.

“You’re terrible.”

“You’re single.”

A long pause broke out between the two of them and Hoseok’s eyes widened. that had just been the smart part of his brain acting on impulse.

“Ya I guess I am.” Chanyeol whispered into the phone.

“Crap I’m sorry, that was a low blow.” Hoseok quickly added and the other chuckled.

“Nah it’s fine.” He answered.

“Guess I’m part of the ‘forever alone’ squad now.” He joked, referring to what Hoseok liked to call whoever wasn’t in relationship. They both laughed, the sound dying off rather quickly.

“Ya. And cause I feel bad for you I’ll even give you an instant promotion to vice president of the squad, next to me.” Hoseok responded

“Wow, tis truly an honour.” Chanyeol replied, sarcasm dripping from his voice. A loud yawn was all it took to alert Hoseok that his friend was tired, and he honestly couldn’t blame him.

“Go to bed man. You sound tired.”

Chanyeol hummed sleepily into the phone.

“Alright. Goodnight.”

“Don’t let the wet bugs bite.” Hoseok added and Chanyeol snorted at his friends immaturity. Only someone  like Hoseok would think up the existence of bugs whose bites give you wet dreams.

They both ended the call and Hoseok stared at his phone, unsure of what to expect from now on.

He couldn’t help thinking that things were going be so awkward in school from now. He wasn’t exactly friends with any of Jimin and his people, but hanging around Chanyeol all day was bound to put him in some awkward positions at some point.

“ing fantastic.” He mumbled, pulling his headphones over his head.

 

A/N

Still awaiting the drama that is to come huehuehue