Your Serene Melody

Yunjae One-shot Collection: General Edition
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
   

Your serene Melody A STORY BY JAEGASMK  

 

 

                ”Even if I’m not with you. I will always protect you. Jung Yunho.”

                Yunho woke up with a start, he can feel tears trailing down to the side. Was I crying? He touched the hot trails, surprised with himself. Why was I crying? He got up, wiping the tears away with his sleeve. He looked out the window, sighing as the sun sets behind the horizon. He scratched his head, kicking away bottles of soju that were scattered everywhere for him to walk. He took the pack of cigarettes on the table, placing one in between his lips. He lit it up and soon puffs of smoke filled the air of the room. He stood beside the window frame, looking down to the streets. Images of people walking by, busy with the works of their life; some were in a pair or in groups and some were passing by alone. Yunho wondered if the people who were walking alone is as lonely as he is

                With one hand he caressed the window sill, wishing to feel the warmth that was once there. He would always sit here, look out the window; enjoy the view of the sunset just like this. He tore away his sorrowful gaze from the window sill; the only placed that could bring him happiness and misery. At times when he brushes the tips of his fingers on the window sill, he could hear a constant hum of a melody so serene he felt at peace with himself. He thought he must be going crazy; there’s no one in his apartment except for him. Not after he was gone.

                He gave up ignoring the sound of grumbling from his stomach. He slipped on a black hoodie and a pair of black jeans. Grabbing his wallet and made his way to the convenience store. The usual instant noodle and a few bottles of soju were his dinners. He was down to his fourth bottle, “Funny, I don’t feel drunk at all.” He cast a glance to all the bottles scattered around, he admits he’s been drinking so much but why won’t this pain go away? He looked up, eyes set on the window sill. Once, at least once. Please let me see him again. He got up, a bottle in one of his hands; making his way towards the window frame. He bent down, kissing the sill softly. Would you like it for me to come to you? He pushed the window opened as he sat on the window sill, feet dangling out.

                He always does this and every time he did, he would always feel warmth embracing him and as if the warmth was telling him not to do anything rash. He let out a soft chuckle. You don’t want me there? But I want you here. Yunho wrapped himself around, pulling his knees close to his chest. He closed his eyes when he heard a soft yet familiar tune dancing around his ears. Soon, the tune grew louder and he recognized it; the melody his beloved would always hum. His eyes widen with shock, turning his head around hoping to see the man he missed so much.

“Jaejun-ie?” Yunho asked out to the empty apartment. The humming stopped and he felt so miserable, I shouldn’t have called out to you. I shouldn’t have. Please come back. He pleads, tears streaming down his sullen face. He can’t differentiate between hallucinations and reality anymore. He can feel Jaejun so close to him but yet Jaejun is not here.

                “I can’t do this. I can’t do this anymore Jae. I just can’t.” Yunho shoulder shook as he tried to control his tears. “Don’t leave me here alone.” Yunho stood up on the window sill, staggering to the side as the alcohol decided to kick in. All of a sudden, he tipped over; body leaning out of the window. Everything seemed to have slowed down around Yunho. He stared up at the dark sky. This is it for me… He closed his eyes and he swears he could feel Jaejun's warm embrace, pulling him closer.

                “You’ll be alright. Nothing can hurt you now.”

🎶

His eyes fluttered open, he was staring at the ceiling of his apartment. His eyes widen with shock, surprised to see he was back in his room. Was it all a dream? No, it’s too vivid to say it’s a dream. Yunho looked over to his side and a wave of confusion overwhelmed him. Jaejun was lying next to him. He was fast asleep, evident from the silent snores Yunho could hear. He can’t believe his eyes. Jaejun-ie? Is it really him? Yunho turned to his side, one hand gently brushing Jaejun’s fringe to the side. Yunho pinched the man’s cheeks causing him to wake up. His eyelids fluttered open, trying to refocus his sight.

                “Good morning, my Yunho.” The man stretched under the covers and flung one of his arms on top of Yunho. The black-jet orbs stared deep into Yunho’s eyes, boring into Yunho’s cold heart.

                “How – “ Yunho wanted to ask the thousands of questions flooded his mind but the only thing he feels right now was a relief.

                “Did you had a nightmare? You look awful.” Jaejun let out a small chuckle, amused to see Yunho’s scrunched up face.

                “I think I did.” Yunho lay down on his back before continuing, “I dreamt you were –“

                “What do you want for breakfast? I’ll cook anything you want.” Jaejun cut off Yunho as he got up on his feet. He stretched his hands upwards, flexing his back muscles. On his shoulder blades, his wing tattoo stood out on his milky white skin. A string of words shaping into a clef treble on both wings looks beautiful to Yunho. Jaejun was humming giddily, the tune brought a warm smile to Yunho.

                Was it all just a dream then? Yunho got up and hugged Jaejun from behind, resting his head on Jaejun’s shoulder. “I want to eat kimchi stew.”

                “Kimchi stew? This early in the morning? Are you okay?” Jaejun turned around, resting his right palm on Yunho’s forehead and his left palm on his own forehead. “You’re not having a fever. Have you injured your head or something?” Jaejun moved his head vigorously, checking for any injuries.

                Yunho chuckled and cupped both his hands on Jaejun’s cheek. “I’m okay.” Yunho landed a soft, quick kiss on Jaejun’s lips, “See, it is you who is not okay. Your face is all red.” An amused smile bloomed on his face as he saw Jaejun’s flabbergasted reaction inside his arms.

                “You’re right. You have to take responsibility and cure me.” Jaejun closed his eyes and Yunho knew exactly what the former wanted. Yunho’s face inched closer to Jaejun, brushing his lips against Jaejun’s eyelids. Jaejun titled his head, impatient to feel Yunho’s lips on his. Yunho gently kissed Jaejun, one of Yunho’s hands cupping his cheek while the other wrapped around Jaejun’s waist. Jaejun wrapped his arms around Yunho, placing his hand on Yunho’s shoulder blade.

                Yunho broke the kiss, staring deeply into Jaejun’s eyes. “I love you, more than you could ever imagine.”

Tears formed in the corner of Jaejun’s eyes as he nodded. “I love you too and I’ll never let you go.”

“Don’t leave me. Ever, please.” Yunho placed his forehead in Jaejun’s, both of their eyes closed shut. “Just don’t leave me, please.” Yunho repeatedly begged to Jaejun, tears flowed down his sorrowful face. His knees grew weak, his energy was dra

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter