Chapter 7

The Wrong Girl

"Hi..." Jaejoong turned his eyes from the window of his private chamber that overlooked the extensive hospital grounds. The right side of his waist still throbbed painfully, but the bullet had tore through the external layers of flesh and whizzed out, leaving him sore but vitally unharmed.

"Hey there.." He tried to up, grimmacing slightly as a bolt of dull ache shot through him.

"Stay down, will you?" Yoochun pushed him back on the pillows. "Just because you're a hero doesn't mean you're superman."

"O shut up." But Jaejoong was smiling. It felt strangely good, to have done something like he did. It felt strangely fulfilling. Like he had actually done something worthwhile.

"Anything you say. But there's someone I think you should talk to. She's been waiting a while."

"She...Yoochun, who are you..?"

He stopped. Yoochun had walked over to the door, and opening it, he nodded to someone. "Come in now."

Aisha entered, her eyes and gait timid, hesitant. She was better dressed than usual, though her hair was still a bush of windy mess. Jaejoong felt a little knot cling to his throat. What was it about her that was so damn...he couldn't describe the effect this girl had on him. Seeing her caused a barrage of conflicting emotions to confound his senses. She freaked him out and irrevocably attracted him at the same time. What the hell is with me..? He had no answer. He hated not having answers.

"Um..hi.." She mumbled, barely audible.

"H..hi.." Jaejoong had to tear his eyes away in order to not stare.

"Well, I'll leave you two alone to..yea.." Yoochun snickered under his breath, earning a death galre from his friend. "Nice meeting you, Aisha.."

She nodded and smiled as Yoochun left, leaving Jaejoong with raised eyebrows. The heck...first name basis already...when did that happen..?

Once alone, an awkward silence prevailed between them. You could almost hear crickets chirping. Jaejoong watched her from the corner of his eyes. She was obviously nervous, fiddling with her fingers and toes and looking away purposely. He couldn't help but wonder why. Could it be that she likes me..?

"You gonna sit..?" He motioned to the two chairs near his bed.

"Um..yea.." She shuffled to one of them, and he saw that her cheeks were bright pink. Is this really happening? Are you really falling for me, Aisha? He felt his heartbeat grow wild, and thanked the gods that the heart monitor had been unplugged earlier in the morning. He didn't need a giveaway, not with this girl.

"Th..Thank you!!" Her words yanked him out of his reverie.

"Huh..?"

"For saving me. Thank you. If you hadn't pushed me down..." She paused and then muttered "This is embarassing...Look,um..." Aisha struggled to remember his name..Damn..

He stared at her, his momentary fantasies dissolving into thin air. "Jaejoong, Kim Jaejoong." He snapped. What the crap was I thinking...you falling for me..Geez.. He shook his head, hoping the sudden hurt in his chest would dissapear sometime soon.

"Right..um, Jaejoong. Look, I'm not used to being saved, so I don't know how to do this. And thank yous are not my thing. So, I don't really know what to say but thank you." She ended lamely, cursing herself mentally with a Siberian truck driver's vocab.

"So that's why you're all flustered and nervous?" Jaejoong shook his head. "And you didn't even bring flowers..you really do at saying thank you."

"Well I didn't ever need to until now, !" She felt herself getting worked up again. "Even five years in the force didn't cause this kind of to explode, so what the hell do you expect?"

He liked the fire in her eyes, the way her hair tossed as she snarled at him. I think I like the angry you better than the blushing, silly girl you.. "What do you mean, five years in the force? What were you, in the army or something?"

"I was in the FBI. And that's all I'm telling you. Look arse, I came here because I was worried about you, ok? So, don't start an argument or else I.."

Aisha stopped, the words that left her finally registering in her mind. But it was true. She had indeed been worried about him, she had been afraid...of losing the warmth of his arms, the way he held her when they had kissed, when he had taken a buller for her. She had rushed along with Yoochun and Junsu to the hospital, and had waited for the entire time that he was in OT, pacing imapetiently and for the first time in her life, praying with ever fibre of her conscious soul.

Jaejoong was stunned. Worried about me..? "Do you mean that, Aisha?" He asked. "Were you really worried about me?"

"I..." But her voice caught in . She tried to get up, but before she could, he reached out and took her hand in an iron grip.

"Jaejoong, what are you..? She could have snapped his wrist, but she didn't want to. she didn't want to...

"You're not leaving without giving me an answer, Aisha. Tell me the truth." His beautiful eyes pierced into hers, holding her gaze trapped.

His fingers s among hers, nails grazing against the lines of her palm that mutely pressed against his. The heat of his body seeped into her cold skin, and Jaejoong leaned forward, bringing their lips together..again. But this time he didn't force her lips apart, he didn't try to deepen the kiss. Their lips simply touched, a soft pressure of warmth as his fingers caressed her arm, climbing upward and gently tickling her shoulder. They travelled along her neck, and he felt a shiver thrill her as his arms engulfed her in a gentle yet passionate embrace.

She didn't struggle. Aisha wanted to be held, to drink in the sensation of his lips, his fingers, they way he touched her, the way he made her feel, the way he confused and enchanted her, the way he , fought with her, enraged her. The way he saved her. She wanted all of it, she wanted him. All to herself.

He broke the kiss, and touched his forehead to hers, feeling her breath play on his lips. "I think I'm a little crazy about you." Jaejoong whispered.

"No!!" Aisha pushed him away, and ignoring his yelp of pain dashed out of the room. She ran down the corridors, out of the main gate and sped her car off, breaking every traffic rule in the book. What Jaejoong couldn't see were the tears streaking her cheeks as she sobbed wildly. Her heart ached, it was breaking, bring torn apart as if by a claw. Please, please don't hurt so bad..please, please don't make me love you...

It didn't take a second to happen. As she drove, blinded by tears, Aisha didn't see the black SUV parked in the darkened corner of the next intersection. While she made a turn, it growled into life, and dove forward, crashing into her Lamborgini sending it skidding into the side of a nearby concrete wall. In the empty street raged by the whistling cold wind, the last thing Aisha remembered before the headlights from the demon car that was backing into the darkness blinded her was his face, his name. "Jaejoong, help me.."

OOC: Yea, a little stagnant this chapter. But I guess I wanted them to finally realise their true feelings or something. And I'm sorry for the delays but ideas are coming slow. Anyway, hope you guys like this chappie. And thanks for all comments and subscriptions. xoxoxoxoxoxoxo