o n e

falling for an anti-fan
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

ONE.

Enduring the cold breeze of the wind touching his skin, Ten tightened the jacket that he is currently wearing and held the camera as he took a shot of the breathtaking night view of Han River.

 

"One two and shot!" Ten exclaimed and continued on clicking his camera to take a shot. "Perfect!"

 

Just when Ten thought that the situation is going smooth or at least that's what he thought it would turn out.

 

While Ten was busy taking a shot, he suddenly felt a big hand grabbing his shoulders, causing him to stop on what he is doing. He was about to protest and lash out in front of this person who is ruining his moment. But as soon as he tilted his head to see his or her face, his jaw just literally dropped in shock.

 

Holy . It's a big guy wearing an all black attire grabbing his shoulders. The guy's body built is so massive to the point that he can crush anyone who will get in his way. And by the looks of him, he must be a bodyguard, police or something.

 

"H-Hello there, ahjussi. H-How can I help you?" Ten stuttered as he swallowed the lump on his throat.

 

The guy eyed Ten like he's going to eat him up alive. "Give me your camera, kiddo." He said in an authoritative tone as he gestured the said object.

 

Fearing for his life and wanting to be spared, he had no choice but to give the camera to the big guy in front of him and ask for his freaking forgiveness. For pete's sake, he can't die yet! Now is not the right time for him to leave this world especially when he has so many things to settle! Darn it!

 

"I'm sorry but I have to delete all of the pictures you took. As their bodyguard, we won't allow you to invade Mr. Sungjae and Ms. Joy's privacy. Nice try but it's not enough."

 

It turns out that Ten wasn't taking or capturing shots of the night view of Han River. In fact, he was actually trying to take a shot of the famous k-pop idols Joy of Red Velvet and Sungjae of BtoB for an article because he is on the verge of getting fired in his job as a photojournalist! His speculations about the two dating are true and evidences of them being together are the only element that is missing to complete everything.

 

But now? His one and only miracle for him to be able to stay in his job faded in just a snap. And it's because of this damned big bodyguard in front of him! So much for wanting to take a shot of Joy and Sungjoy spending their time with each other now that this happened!

 

Ten immediately knelt to the ground to beg for forgiveness. "Please give me back my camera, ahjussi! I promise I won't do it again!"

 

After a few seconds, the big guy returned Ten's camera. "There you go, kiddo. We'll let this slide for now. But if you try to do it again, well then see you at the court of appeals." He stated before returning to his station.

 

When the so called bodyguard is already out of his sight, he quickly grabbed his camera to check its contents. All the pictures he took earlier were deleted. There's nothing left for him to use in Sungjoy's dating article. Nothing.

 

"You big bastard bodyguard! Go to hell!"

 

He sighed in defeat and tears started forming at the corner of his eyes as the cold blood rushed to his veins. Thinking about him getting fired doesn't seriously feel so good. Oh dear God.

 

Be ready, Chittaphon Leechaiyakul. You'll surely witness an erupting volcano and fiery dragon for the nth time because of your damned work. Let's just hope that your one hell of a boss will give you one more chance even though you begged for it a million times already.

 

 

"How dare you come back here saying that you failed to take pictures of Sungjoy being together and beg for one more chance?!"

 

Ten closed his eyes and his body trembled as soon as he heard his boss' shouting voice. That's what he is talking about. Right now, his boss is currently shouting in his face using her high pitched voice when he told her what happened earlier. Why did he let himself be caught earlier?! Now, this misfortune is happening! Stupid him! Darn it!

 

"I-I'm sorry about that, boss! P-Please don't fire me! G-Give me another chance!" Ten palmed both of his hands, begging to his boss again.

 

Jessica Jung, his boss, rolled her eyes. "Give you a chance?! You always messed up your job as a photojournalist here in Gossip Minute! How can I give you another chance huh?!" She yelled and hits the table in frustration.

 

"D-Don't fire me for now, boss! I'll be good to you and Gossip Minute. Please give me another chance!" He knelt to the floor and grabbed something inside his body bag. "See this? I'm paying for my house rent and other expenses! I'll be living in the streets if I become jobless!"

 

"Who cares about your freaking house rent and other expenses? Can't you see that I am so angry and disappointed! I thought you'll come back here giving me the news that you successfully took pictures of Sungjoy together! But you came empty handed instead! Goodness gracious Ten Chittaphon... what am I going to do?! I am going to die at an early age because of you!"

 

Ten swears that he is on the verge of crying a Han River already. Silently praying to the heavens above, he prayed for his boss Jessica to have mercy on him and his unlucky life all over again.

 

"Boss Jessica, I beg of you! I am sorry about what happened earlier! Give me another chance! Just one last chance, boss. I-I won't waste it anymore! Just please... give me another chance..." He whispered the last words as he lower down his head to beg for his one last chance.

 

Jessica heaved a sigh and massaged her temples as if everything is stressing her so bad. Well, everything really is stressing and frustrating her so bad right now.

 

It took a while for her to respond as she heaved a sigh for the nth time. "Alright, Ten Chittaphon. I'll give you one last chance. This is going to be the last okay? Mess up once again and I'll really fire you for real! No more excuses and such! Be thankful that I am not that of a cold hearted boss."

 

As if he won the jackpot prize from the lottery, his eyes sparkled with joy and he immediately stood up. "Really, boss?! You're giving me another chance for real?! Thank you! Thank you so much, boss Jessica! I'll really do my job properly this time!" He picked his things up and bowed down as a sign of respect.

 

Thank God the heavens above actually heard his prayers! They are not sleeping on your prayers!

 

"Remember that this will be your last chance, Chittaphon Leechaiyakul. Now, I want you to do something."

 

"What is it, boss? I'll do it with all of my will and passion!"

 

"Do you happen to know, Lee Taeyong?" Jessica's eyes became small as she looked at Ten in a stern manner.

 

"Lee Taeyong? One of Korea's famous male models?" Ten replied before nodding in response. "Yes, boss. I know him."

 

She shakes her head before laughing even without humor. "Of course. Who wouldn't know about him right? Korea's oh so famous model. But the thing is... he is very mysterious. It's like everything about his life is hidden and the Korean netizens can't even get a hold of anything about him. My curiosity about him and his life is beyond the ends of the Earth."

 

"What do you want me to do then, boss?"

 

"Tomorrow night at 8 in the evening, there will be a modeling stint at the SM Coex Artium for the models and actors under S.M. Culture and Contents. I want you to attend and pretend that you're one of the press people. Whenever there is a chance, find something about Lee Taeyong! Capture pictures that will be of use for an article! Be it using drugs or kissing girls out there! Do you understand me?"

 

"Yes, boss! You can count on me! Is that all?" He saluted like a soldier.

 

"Yeah, Ten Chittaphon. That's all." She looked him from head to toe before eyeing him sharply. "And don't you ever mess up or else... you are instantly fired!"

 

Capture pictures of Lee Taeyong at tomorrow night's modeling stint? Of course, he'll do it properly as the publishing house's photojournalist. For the sake of his living, he won't mess up this assignment for real. He will be coming back with something in his hands. That's for sure.

 

 

"What's with the gloomy face, Ten?" Yuta, his neighbor and best friend, asked when he saw Ten slammed himself on his bed.

 

Feeling comfortable because of the bed, Ten looked up to the ceiling of his apartment. He was about to answer Yuta's question when the Japanese boy himself interrupted.

 

"Let me guess. You messed up on your job again and begged your ice princess like boss to give you another chance. Next, she assigned another job to you. If you fail to do it you'll be living in the streets already. Am I right?"

 

Ten closes his eyes and shakes his head. "You asked a question but you're also the one who answered it. Seriously, Yuta hyung? Have you lost your mind?"

 

"I am not the one who is losing my mind! It's actually you, Chittaphon Leechaiyakul! Don't you get it?" Yuta protested and sat on the side of Ten's bed. "You can actually pay for your house rent and other expenses without working! Come on, your family isn't rat poor! You can ask for your parents to support you financially back in Thailand!"

 

Oh yes. Ten and his family isn't actually rat poo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter