Chapter 2

Behind the Wall of Sleep

Today is Monday. Like how Monday blues strikes every person in the world, that’s also what Ah Young experience. She is one lazy bum. Moreover today she needs to attend the most hated class every moving person will despise, not because of the subject but because of the lecturer, Prof Shin. Just imagine, she would ask everyone a question but then she demanded the very similar answer to hers. What kind of genius can predict her answer perfectly? Unless they have some sort of magic communication like telepathy showed in the movie but you know what? It’s bulls**t! And everyone would definitely get a fail if it’s like this.

                Even so, Ah Young still forced herself to go to the class because that bit*ch can’t just win like this. The world needs someone like Ah Young to argue and debate with this professor. Well, that’s because she is a rebel yet a model student. Rarely did her answer get wrong. She even consulted with other lecturers and they also agreed with her. Helloooo! It’s not merely her opinon, it’s textbook and professional’s opinions. So why do they need to memorize every words of Prof Shin’s answers? As long as the students can grab the keypoints, they can explain based on what they understand. It’s not like that Shin is a god that everyone needs to obey her. She is a human, and will make mistakes too.

                She walked through the corridor with a determined face and burning desire to present to her deadly lecturer what she has prepared. With her aura and beauty, everyone keeps looking at her. Some feels intimidated and some are amazed. But nobody dared to greet her except for one person. Her bestfriend, Yoon Jae Hee.

                “Wow, a goddess has arrived. That’s why I feel some tense as if the time stopped. I don’t even know you have the ability to stop time. What are you? Do you possess EXO Tao’s power now?” she joked.

                “Hey, that’s my panda boy. I just asked him to lend me some power through telepathy. I don’t even know it worked! Would definitely try some other time. Maybe in Prof Shin’s class.” Ah Young winked and giggled. Her brain has imagined some pranks she would do to that lady if she ever gained the power.

                “Hahahaha! You are so funny, and got all student drooling and swooning over you. But how come you don’t have any friends beside me? That’s the real question.”

                “You know the reason, Jae. Don’t play dumb. I’m a freak, remember? Furthermore, why would I find other friend when I already have the best-est friend in this world, right?” She smiled and put her hands on Jae’s shoulder, who is a bit shorter than her. “This is the perfect armrest for me.” Jae punched her slightly on the stomach before their laughs echoed at the corridor.

---------------

Exactly at 12.30 p.m, the class was dismissed and all students went out with a smile on their face. One reason is because it’s lunch time. The other reason is because Ah Young win her debate against Prof Shin and to their surprise, everyone get bonus marks of 5%. That’s a lot! Everyone thanked her sincerely and some even give her gifts.

                “Hey, you may replace me with new friends at this rate. I can still hear you calling me the best-est friend in the world. But now, you already gained yourself some new friends.” Jae Hee spoke.

                “They gave me all of these and tried to befriend me just because I will give benefits to them. What’s the point of having fake friends? I will just get hurt because of this. Just like the other time.” She said and her expression changed. Jae Hee was shocked because of her words and felt sorry. To cheer her up, she purposely stole her favorite Kitkat from all the gifts and run to the café.

                “Catch me if you want this chocolate, babe! Catch me if you can!” She sprinted while singing SNSD’s Catch Me if You Can.

                “Yaaa! How can I win over an athlete? And I need to bring lots of thing too! If you dare to eat my Kitkat, I will not give you Jimin’s photocard!” Ah Young yelled, quickly shoved all gifts into her bag and run as fast as she can though she know she can’t win.

---------------

“Can I have some time to rest please? I need to recharge myself and do some important things.” He said to the director. It’s 3 a.m. and they still haven’t finished filming the MV. All members are tired but Lee PD said they can’t stop now or else the filming will be delayed a lot more longer. They just need around two hours more to finish everything because the comeback date is near.

                “I’m sorry but you know we need to finish this tonight.” “I just need 10 minutes, please… I beg you.” Taehyung said, with his hands clasped like a kid asking his mom for candies.

                The director seemed to be wavering because of his aegyo. He pitied them too but it’s their job as idols. He took a look at his watch and after a while, he announced, “All of you can take 10. We’ll proceed at 3.10.” Everyone obeyed the order and Taehyung jumped in happiness upon hearing his answer. “Thank you, Lee PD-nim!” He quickly walked to the nearest sofa to sleep, but unfortunately Suga landed there first before he managed to. He has not much time so he just sit on the couch and sleep while sitting. Few minutes later, he’s already in a deep sleep. Without he noticed, a smile formed on his face and Jungkook who didn’t sleep saw this. “Why is this hyung smiling in his sleep? He’s done that a lot recently. Is he dreaming?” He mumbled but decided to brush it off because he's too tired to even think about that now.