Thief

Playing With Fate
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The air was chilly and the smell of freshly baked cookies wafted all throughout the room.

 

Yesung, who had taken the liberty to messily plop his torso atop the low table positioned in the center of the room, groaned in displeasure as he cringed at the obvious PDA his two friends were initiating right now. Ryeowook and Kyuhyun was making out—eating each other's faces in front of Yesung, the nerve—because the couple knew that Yesung hated seeing things like this (probably Kyuhyun's idea because the maknae was really just a ty friend). It wasn't as if the eldest hated looking at Kyuhyun and Ryeowook as a couple, oh no, it was really just because of jealousy.

 

And no, Yesung wasn't feeling any jealousy towards either of his friends (okay, he might had a teeny little bit of a crush towards Ryeowook but that was years ago), rather, he was just feeling envious of their relationship. After all, despite all the challenges that the two encountered on the course of their relationship, they still managed to stay strong. A proof of this was then they all went to Greece; Kyuhyun and Ryeowook exchanging their vows and promising not to ever let go of each other no matter how many obstacles they would face.

 

It was sweet, really, even though Kyuhyun was actually just a childish erted evil human being and even though Ryeowook was too perfectly angelic for his own good (okay, Yesung was being a little bit biased here, but Kyuhyun truly was a demon).

 

Due to the couple's opposite attitudes, they managed to complement and complete each other. Right now, they were three years into their married life but still as sweet as ever; still as strong and perfect as always.

 

Yesung wanted to have that kind of relationship too. Unfortunately, it was either he was too ugly to have girlfriends (or boyfriends) or it was just because Fate was a little who wouldn't give him a love life.

 

Yes, he had been single for too long already; since college, if he remembered correctly. His last girlfriend became too successful in life and ditched him and that was the time Yesung promised himself he wouldn't get into a relationship again. However, the more he was exposed to Kyuhyun's and Ryeowook's strong relationship, the more he yearned to find someone he could spend the rest of his life with. Unfortunately, it seemed like Fate really took his words years ago (that he would stay single because apparently 'girls can't take my hotness') so seriously that it decided to up his lonely single life.

 

That was how Yesung found himself sulking at Kyuhyun's and Ryeowook's apartment—the smaller man inviting him to a small get-together because apparently Yesung had whined too much about loneliness and Kyuhyun got fed up with him bothering Ryeowook. It was not his fault though; Ryeowook was just too kind of a good giver of advice.

 

"Seriously, won't the two of you stop making my skin crawl?" The eldest hissed as he threw a cookie towards a smirking Kyuhyun who just used the chance to catch the pastry using his mouth. As the tallest man munched happily on the cookie (because Ryeowook really was a god sent from the Kitchen Heaven), the second youngest then sent an apologetic smile towards the grumpy guest.

 

"Sorry, hyung. I know we should be giving you advice about your pitifu—I mean lonely—life, and making out with each other probably didn't help you at all." The younger man sheepishly said as he hit his smug lover on the shoulder. Yesung however found the hit more as an act of adoration than it was a punishment and he dramatically gagged as if his eyes were seriously burned. "As a sign of peace, want more cookies?"

 

And all of Yesung's woes suddenly vanished at the premise of more delicious cookies so Ryeowook then laughed and proceeded to get more baked pastries on the kitchen. Once the smaller man was gone, Kyuhyun then took that chance to glare at his smiling hyung.

 

"I can't believe you're stealing all the cookies away from me. It's bad enough that you're stealin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter