Chapter 4 | Wow, just wow.

Best Friend Vs Crush

Chapter 4 | Wow, just wow

< Apink - Hush >

< English >


“Jay!” Baemi called out.

Everyone in the room turned to look at her but only one person smiled at her. The person waved at Baemi and walked up to her.

Hey Baemi,” The person gave her a warm smile and hugged her, “what’s up?”

Baemi eyed the person weirdly for a few moments before she wrapped her arms around the person. She smiled widely at the person and giggled. All the ulzzangs looked at the two of them and wondered if they were a couple.

You almost fooled me there, Jay.” Baemi said as she let go of Jay.

“Aw, is he your boyfriend?” Taejun asked, grinning like an idiot.

“What?” Baemi looked at Taejun blankly. What is he on about?

Jay snickered at Taejun and started laughing. Baemi joined in the laughing as well, although she sounded awkward. The ulzzangs didn’t laugh though, since they didn’t know what was happening. Is this April Fools? No, that’s in two month. Then, an early April Fools?

“What’s going on? Why are you laughing?” Jiho asked.

“Jay’s not –” Baemi’s mouth was covered by Jay’s hand and Jay took over.

“Why? Are you jelly?” Jay asked, smirking.

“Huh? Jelly?” Jiho looked dumbfounded.

After a few seconds of silence, Minjun started to laugh. Baemi and Jay laughed along because it was funny how he was laughing now. But the other ulzzangs...well, they were still dumbfounded.

“Why are you laughing now?” Taegyun frowned.

“I get what Jay meant! Jelly means jealous,” explained Minjun as he continued to laugh his head off.

“Oh, sure,” The other ulzzangs nodded but they still didn’t laugh.

“I’m going to change first, ne?” Baemi said as she headed for the dressing room with Jay following her.

“Wait, why is Jay following her?” Chihoon asked, pointing to the closed door where Baemi and Jay are behind it – together. All the ulzzangs looked at the door and then at each other. Gosh, this girl is something, Minjun thought. Everyone else in the room was gathered at one corner, looking amused by them.

In a few minutes, Baemi came out with different clothing and same goes for Jay. Baemi told the ulzzangs to sit at one place and watch them dance. All the dancers – including Baemi and Jay – took their places and the music player with the remote.

The music played and the dancers were dancing perfectly to the music. The ulzzangs were sitting in front of them, watching in amazement and they were clapping non-stop. In the middle of the song, Baemi was in front of the ulzzangs. There were numerous of times when Baemi would smirk at Minjun and he would return the smirk.

Everyone clapped and cheered when the dancers finished flawlessly. Minjun, in the other hand, just sit with his arms and legs crossed. He had a smirk on his face and observed Baemi. She was talking to the other ulzzangs who were praising her.

When Hyungseok came to do so, the redness on her cheeks was unbearably red. She was looking at the floor as Hyungseok and Taejun talked to her. She would give them a shy smile but anyone could see she was smiling at Hyungseok.

Then Taejun went to Chihoon because he said he wanted to show his something. So now, Baemi is left alone with Hyungseok. She was still looking down and so was Hyungseok. Minjun, who was somewhat stalking her, frowned when he saw her alone with Hyungseok.

Hyungseok then started to talk to Baemi and she was trying so hard not to squeal. She kept tugging on her sleeves and biting her lips to stop from smiling like an idiot. Did Hyungseok notice? She wondered. Probably not, but Minjun did.

“Hey, wanna go out and buy some smoothies? It’s just across the street.” Jay said.

Minjun , who was about to talk to Baemi when Jay said that, stood up and shrugged. “Sure, I was thirsty anyway.”

“Okay, let’s go~” Jay pulled Baemi’s hand and ran outside. The ulzzangs quickly followed behind, trying to catch up with them.

The ulzzangs managed to catch up with them and they were ahead of them. Chihoon, Taejun, Jiho and Hyungseok were in the front while Minjun and Taegyun were behind them. Jay and Baemi were at the behind the other ulzzang, hand in hand.

Jay was observing the ulzzangs properly. Jay then turned to Baemi and exclaimed, “They sure have their own cliques.”

“What?” Baemi asked, turning to look at Jay.

Jay pointed at the ulzzangs. “Look, they don’t mix up together. They walk with the ones they’re comfortable with.”

“Well, that’s actually just Minjun. I don’t think he’s comfortable with any of them except Taegyun.” Baemi shrugged as she too observed the ulzzangs.

“Why?” Jay simply asked and she shrugged.

“Does he hate them?” Jay asked.

“I don’t think so. I mean, Minjun isn’t that type of guy, he’s very outgoing and loves to talk with new people.”

“How do you know that?” Jay looked at Baemi curiously.

“We’ve chatted before, we kind of are like best friends – whether he wants to or not.”

Jay was about to ask more question when Taegyun came up to them and told them to walk faster. The other ulzzang were already in the shop and they needed guidance.

“So, what’s good here?” Minjun asked once Baemi and Jay entered the shop.

“Everything.” Baemi said, smiling as she looked up at the menu on the wall.

“What do you want, Baemi?” Jay asked, taking out money from the pocket. “It’s my treat.”

“Really? But you’ve treated me before. Let me do it now.” Baemi pouted.

“Nah, you don’t need to. Now, choose.” Jay pointed to the menu.

Minjun looked at the two of them in disgust. He quietly scoffed but Jay heard it. Jay looked at him and smirked. Baemi, who was busy picking a flavor, looked at the other ulzzangs.

“Don’t you guys want any?” She asked. She then turned to look at Minjun. “You, MJ?”

“Huh? Oh, right, sure.” Minjun smiled and went in front of the counter. He ordered a strawberry smoothie and went to look for a table.

After everyone ordered their drinks, they sat down where Minjun was sitting. It was quite crowded and everyone had to squeeze in. Baemi was sitting next to Minjun, in front of Hyungseok. Since it was cramped up, Baemi was so close to Minjun that their thighs were touching each other – which made Baemi feel uncomfortable.

She had a hard enjoying her vanilla smoothie because Minjun kept pushing her leg. When he stepped on her foot, she screamed. Everyone in the shop looked at them.

“Yah, sit still, will you?!” Baemi shouted at Minjun, who was dumfounded.

Jay nudged Baemi and she looked around. She slightly bowed her head to everyone in the shop and kept her head down. She sipped on her smoothie quietly and she was mentally killing Minjun.

“Sorry.” Minjun quickly whispered in her ears before going back to his sipping.

Baemi only nodded and continued to sip her smoothie. There was an awkward silence between them and the only thing that was heard was the fake cough everyone was making.

“So…” Taejun started saying, trying to break the awkwardness. “…how long have you been dancing?” He asked Jay and Baemi.

“Since I was 4 years old.” Jay replied.

“Um, 4 months ago, I guess?” Baemi shrugged. Then she turned to Jay to make check and Jay nodded.

“Just 4 months? But you dance as great as Jay.” Chihoon said. When Jay glared at him, he avoided eye contact with Jay and focused on Baemi instead.

“Jay taught me a lot.” Baemi smiled at Jay.

“Is that why you fell for him?” Hyungseok asked shyly.

“Him who?” Baemi looked at him, confused.

“Jay of course, who else?” Minjun said.

“But, Jay’s not my boyfriend.” Baemi looked at him in shock. “What made you think–”

Before Baemi could finish her sentence, Jay started laughing. She was laughing so hard that it attracted everyone’s attention in the shop. Again, everyone was looking at their direction.

“Yah, Jay-ah, what’s wrong? You’re attracting everyone’s attention.” Baemi nudged her but laughed along.

“Wait, so Jay is not your boyfriend?” Minjun asked.

“No, she’s not even a boy!” Baemi looked at all of them weirdly. “You thought she was my boyfriend?”

“Yes!” All the ulzzangs said at the same time.

“Wow, they’re more naïve than I expected. I thought they would have figured that out by now.” Jay, or also known as Jaelin, remarked as she wiped an imaginary tear and stopped laughing.

Everyone looked at Jay like they were going to kill her.

“You fooled us?” Taegyun asked.

“Guys, please don’t get mad! Jay is normally like this, I swear. She does it to everyone, even me.” Baemi said when she saw the way everyone was looking at Jay. “Yah, apologize now.” She said to Jay.

Jay pouted and refused but Baemi insisted she should apologize. Jay sighed before speaking up, “Sorry.” She simply said.

The ulzzangs didn’t respond and avoided looking at Jay. Baemi sighed and hated the intense atmosphere. She tried to figure out a way on how to make them like Jay, and not hate her.

Minjun, on the other hand, was somehow happy. He had a feeling they weren’t dating. He was trying so hard not to smile and he doesn’t know whether he is or not. He doesn’t know why he’s feeling like this but he’s happy. Too happy.

Hyungseok, who happened to saw Minjun smiling and moving his head to himself, wondered why he was doing like that. But he too couldn’t hide the fact that he was happy about Jay not being Baemi’s boyfriend. It meant there won’t be any awkward flirting between those two ever again. 


} general says hi c : 

yaaay, finally i updated! c: hehe. sorry for not updating much ;u; but i'll be updating more on Calling You and Yes, Ma'am! first ^^ don't worry though! because i'll update this too from time to time ^^ oh, i didn't proofread this so excuse my mistakes :x thanks for reading!