Chapter 3 | I know Korean

Best Friend Vs Crush

Chapter 3 | I Know Korean

< Jay Park - Know Your Name >

< English > < Thoughts >


Oh, I know you!” Baemi shouted, shocking everyone with her high-pitched voice.

Everyone turned to look at her and Minjun awkwardly smiled at her. Baemi’s jaw was opened widely as she gaped at him and suddenly formed a small smile. She turned her head towards the other boys, who were staring at her weirdly. She gasped and gave them a 90o bow.

Hello, nice to meet you!” She said cheerfully.

“Oh god, it’s English.” Chihoon panicked. He wasn’t good at English at all. Taegyun and Minjun snickered at him as cold sweat began to drop from his forehead.

“Oh sorry, I meant to say it in Korean but I forgot.” Baemi giggled, showing her perfect white teeth.

Minjun’s heart skipped a beat when he saw her giggle and he didn’t know why. She looked cute when she giggled, that he has to admit but he doesn’t know why he’s feeling like this. What was this feeling anyway?

“You speak Korean?” Chihoon beamed and his eyes lit up.

“Yes, I’m a Korean. Why? Do I not look like a Korean?” Baemi’s smile disappeared and now she has a straight face.

“Oh, you do…now that we took a better look at you.” Taegyun said while giving her an eye-smile.

Baemi turned her gaze towards the other girl and was about to say something when Minjun butted in. He cleared his throat and waved his hand in front of her.

“Do you really know us?” Minjun asked, wondering if he was that popular, even in other countries besides Korea.

“Yeah, you’re Kwak Minjun, Lee Chihoon, Park Taejun, Park Jiho, Park Hyungseok and lastly, you’re Lee Taegyun a.k.a Jung Daeun!” Baemi felt proud of herself for naming them properly.

“Wow, you remembered our names?” Taejun asked.

“Y-yeah,” Baemi giggled again, “I’ve been a fan of ulzzangs ever since I watched Season 1.” She rubbed the back of her head shyly.

Then she looked at Minjun and grinned at him. “I’ve also followed you on Tumblr! We’ve chatted a few times.”

“Really? What’s your name?” Minjun asked.

“Park Baemi, or also known as ‘eye-smiles’ on Tumblr.” She smiled, showing her famous eye-smile at him.

“I can see why.” Minjun mumbled to himself.

“What?” Baemi asked, looking very clueless at him but Minjun just shook his head.

“How old are you?” Chihoon asked.

“I’ll be turning seventeen on this 14th of February.” Baemi grinned.

Everyone gasped once they found out her age.

“Y-you’re only 17?” Jiho asked.

“Yah, Minjun! Are you a e? How can you be friends with a girl who’s three years younger than you?” Taegyun exclaimed, shaking her head.

“Oh, shut up! At least I don’t flirt with a guy who’s ten years older!” Minjun shot back, sticking his tongue out.

“W-what? Who are you talking about?” Taegyun asked in disbelief and Minjun pointed to Taejun.

“He’s only eight years older! And I didn’t flirt with him!” Taegyun shouted.

“Yes you did! When we were boarding the plane, you keep giving him a sweet smile and talked in a feminine way!” Minjun said really quickly.

“Yah, shut up!” Taejun shouted at the both of them. “Aigoo, you guys are like kids.”

“I’m a girl.” Taegyun said sarcastically.

“Sorry about that, um…what’s your name again?” Chihoon asked Baemi while he scratched his head.

“Baemi, Park Baemi.” She half smiled.

“Huh? Bambi?” Jiho asked.

“BAEMI!” She shouted, obviously annoyed with them asking her a lot of times.

“C-calm down, p-please! Why is everyone shouting?” Hyungseok, who was quiet since then, finally said a word.

Baemi softened and gave him a small nod before looking down at her feet. Now, it was too quiet than before and no one said anything until Minjun opened his mouth.

Oh my god,” he looked at the buttons in shocked and everyone was looking at him. “I just realized that there’s no 9th floor.” He gasped.

“What are you talking about?” Chihoon asked, frowning.

“I’m saying, there’s no 9th floor!” Minjun repeated.

“9th floor? You mean the dance studio?” Baemi asked.

“Yeah, do you know where it is?” Taejun asked.

“Oh, I’m on my way there actually,” she gave them a smile but it then faded a few seconds later “but you can only get there with a special card. Only members of the dance studio can get the card.”

Everyone sighed deeply, especially Jiho. He showed his cuteness to everyone for nothing. Minjun, with no expression whatsoever, asked the little girl if she had the card or not and she nodded.

“Can you bring guests?” Hyungseok asked.

“Yes!” She answered cheerfully.

“Can you bring us?” He asked.

“Sure!” Baemi smiled, showing her eye-smiles to everyone.

Minjun rolled his eyes at the two ‘lovebirds’. She obviously likes him, he thought. Taejun clapped in glee with Hyungseok and Chihoon was jumping up and down like a child.

“Yah, do you want us to die?” Minjun tried not to sound rude but maybe he failed.

“What do you mean?” Chihoon asked.

“Stop jumping! I could feel us going down.” Minjun frowned, not looking at him.

Chihoon nodded and slightly bowed at him. Minjun felt awkward but he didn’t do anything. It was silent again but then Baemi took out a card and swiped it on the screen. The 9th floor button showed up in front of their eyes and they were all impressed. Everyone, except Baemi, was awed by it.

Silly boys and girl, Baemi thought and rolled her eyes but she was smiling. Who knew she would bump into six handsome ulzzangs? Scratch that, five handsome guy ulzzangs and one adorable girl ulzzang.

They all arrived at the dance studio in less than 5 minutes and it was a huge place. There were a lot of dance studios, enough for everyone to use it. The rooms were cool and soothing, filled with air-conditioned air. Everyone could feel the chilled breeze on their skin as they walked in.

“Oh, Baemi! Annyeong~” A tall woman greeted her with a lollipop in and waved at her.

“Ah, you’re here?” Baemi asked.

“I’m always here. I’m the owner of this dance studio.” The woman winked at Baemi which caused her scrunch up her nose in disgust.

“Whoa, who’s that?” Minjun asked softly. All the boys seemed to be mesmerized by the woman’s beauty.

“Sorry to break your hearts guys, but she’s married.” Baemi chuckled softly. Taegyun snickered at the boys and high-fived with her.

“S-she’s what? She’s already married?” Taejun asked in disbelief.

“Well, she’s not married yet –”

“Then that means she’s still single!” Chihoon uttered.

“Ugh, let me finish!” Baemi said, annoyed. “As I was saying, she’s engaged and she’ll get married next week.”

“Awww!” All the boys seemed really upset about it.

“Julie unnie, is there any empty room for me?” Baemi asked and gave the woman, named Julie, her famous puppy-dog-eyes look.

“Tsk, there’s always one for you so you don’t have to show your cuteness to me. It doesn’t work on me.” Julie stuck out her tongue like a child and pinched Baemi’s cheeks.

Baemi giggled and bowed at Julie before proceeding to the empty room. Baemi started to walk with Taegyun next to her but the boys were still looking at Julie. Baemi and Taegyun shouted at the boys and pulled them away.

“Do guys think about girls all the time?” Baemi suddenly asked the boys. All the boys looked at each other and then at Baemi.

Taejun pointed at Jiho and said, “He will answer that.” This earned a smack at the back of his head from Jiho.

“Yeah, Jiho hyung is the perfect example of a guy who thinks about girls all the time.” Hyungseok emphasized on the ‘all’.

“What do you mean?” Baemi asked.

“Jiho-ah, who did you last call?” Chihoon asked.

“Hyeju.” Jiho replied and blushed.  

“Who did you last kiss?” Taejun asked.

“Hyeju.”

“Who are you thinking about now?” Hyungseok asked.

“Hyeju.” Again, he blushed at the name of his girlfriend.

“He thinks about Hyeju all the time?” Minjun asked.

Aw, that’s so sweet!” Taegyun exclaimed.

“Can we keep going?” Baemi asked as she was already ahead of them.

“I thought she wanted to know if boys think about girls all the time. Didn’t she?” Chihoon asked.

Everyone shrugged and followed Baemi to the empty room. It was located at the far end of the dance studio so it took a while to get there. Nobody said anything when they were walking and it was really awkward between them. Taejun sensed that Baemi was feeling sad and asked Chihoon to cheer her up.

“Baemi-ah, do you want to hear a joke?” Chihoon asked when he was next to her.

“Oh, okay.” Baemi smiled.

“Do you know what it is when a dragon goes up into the sky?”

“Um, no.” She shook her head.

“Olagayong*~” Chihoon laughed really hard but Baemi just didn’t get it. She slightly laughed and acted like she got the joke when she actually didn’t.

“I told you it was a silly idea to send Chihoon hyung to her.” Jiho said.

“Yeah, that was the worse idea I’ve ever made in my entire life.” Taejun slapped his forehead.

“Poor Baemi, she has to endure the weirdness all by herself.” Hyungseok sighed.

“I didn’t get it.” Taegyun said and Minjun nodded his head.

“You can never get Chihoon’s joke. Ever.” Taejun sighed and slapped his forehead again.

“Baemi dongsaeng~” Taegyun called out with aegyo, to save her from the laughing Chihoon. “Are you a good dancer?” She asked.

“Yes!” Baemi said proudly.

Show us then.” Minjun smirked.

No problem.” Baemi smirked back and stuck out her tongue. She then ran to the empty room which was 1 meter away from them. 


< DICTIONARY >

*yong means dragon in korean. thus that's how g-dragon came to be!

if you're wondering what the joke means, sorry but i didn't understand it too ;____; i got that joke from Ulzzang Shidae season one xD 


< the general's speech >

yay i updated! heh, sorry for not updating for a long time ;_____; i was feeling lazy >< LOL jk. i was busy~ hehe.
and uh, i hope you like it! :3 i know i said i'll reply to your comments, but maybe in the next update? xD sorry!
but i just want to thanks those who subscribed to this story! x3 you guys are awesome <3 and thanks for commenting too!
tell me what  you think about this chapter, okay? I don't think there's any mistakes since i've proofreaded it but if you find one, do tell me! (: 

so yeah, i was thinking of updating again but since my exams is next week, i have to study and focus on it ;____;
so see you in a week! ^^ i promise to update a lot after the exams because i get a week holiday afterwards ;3 
do remind me though, okay? I might forget :p hehe~ 

okay, bye lovelies! ^^