5 YEARS AGO

Kingdom

It was a quiet summer night, the moon shone brightly in the sky casting a radiant beam that lit up the darkness. The warm but cooling breeze brushed gently across her skin. Staring up at the moon, all her worries disappeared. Her feet lightly dragged across the gravel as she swung back and forth on the swing. Something about being at the park alone at night comforted her. Just knowing that no one would be there to bother her. She could easily get lost in time just being out there.

She hummed quietly to a song that had been stuck in her head all day, when a rustle was made between the trees behind her. She quickly turned around to look, but couldn't see anything.

"Hello?" She called

No answer. She turned back humming to herself again, simply thinking that it must of been an animal. The park she loved to go to wasn't a neighbourhood park. It was miles away from the neighbourhood she lived in. Animals like deers, raccoons and sometimes wolves are found at this park.

Another rustle came from behind her and she turned too look once again. "Hello?" She called, "Who's out there?"

Again no answer. A thought came across her mind. Maybe it was her best frend trying to scare her.

"Ha.Ha. Funny. Come on out. If you're trying to scare me, it won't work."

Only the sound of crickets and the wind whistling through the trees were the things she heard. She sighed. "Fine. I'm going home."

She pushed herself off the swing when she heard a click. She paused knowing that click didn't come off from anything from the playground. The click was something she was all to familiar with. Quickly she fell to the ground and a roaring boom filled the night sky.

She looked back into the brisle area to see a man coming out. He wore a suit and pointed a pistol down at her, "oh you should be scared." He chuckled

Staring up at him she didn't know who he was, and usually she was good with faces.

A smirk fell on her lips, knowing that he was underestimating her. Without saying a word she pushed herself off the ground and ran directly towards the man. The man only got a few shots fired and one of the bullets grazed her arm. That didn't stop her from grabbing onto the gun spinning back and elbowing him in the face. She smacked the gun out of his hands, and he wrapped his arm around her neck clenching as hard as he could.

She stomped onto his foot and swung her head back crashing her head into his. The man let go of her. She reached down for the gun and back kicking him. He fell to the ground not happy that a little girl was beating him. She looked back pointing the gun down at him, "you know you missed your chance."

He rubbed his hand beneath his nose seeing blood. He watched her feet as they were only inches away from his.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you." She warned

Not listening the man started to move his legs to knock her down, but was stopped when she put a bullet through his calf. The man groaned in pain grabbing onto his leg.

"I told you." She said

He wasn't going to allow a girl to beat him. He tried to reach out for her, but again she put another bullet through his other calf. The man cried in pain. She knelt down getting to his eye level. "You are testing my patiences. How many of you are coming?" This time she pointed the gun at his area.

"Y-you wouldn't.." He said hesitantly

"You really don't know who I am do you?" She knew that this guy was probably put out into the field without being told exactly what the situation was. She released a bullet into his thigh. "Now I ask again, how many are coming?"

In the distance fires were being shot off. She looked up to see someone running in her direction.

"RUN!! MJ RUN!!" She knew that familiar voice - her best friend, Yongguk.

The man smirked, "don't forget to tell them you love them before you die."

She stared down at him and slowly stood up. She pointed the gun down at him and the man began to panic.

"No. No. Please don't. I have a family."

"And so do I. I'm sorry." She pulled onto the trigger and the bullet went right through his throat. Endless amounts of blood gushed out of his throat. The man clenched his hands agianst his throat, but there was no stopping it. Slowly the life from his eyes was being drained.

Her arm was soon grabbed, looking up and seeing that familiar face. They both knew that there wasn't any time for any explanations. He took a hold of her hand and went running into the darkness.

"Are you okay?" Yongguk asked looking down at her. A trail of blood seeped through her sleeve

A fired went off and the bullet hit the side of the tree next to his head. Yongguk took the gun out of her hands and started to fire back. they could hear a man yell in pain and they took that opportunity. Yongguk pulled her into a bristle area and hid between the leaves.

The sound of pitter patters were coming close to them. MJ realized that she could possibly be seen. Slowly she backed up falling into him. He quickly reached up and covered , pulling her close.

"Where the did they go?" A man only inches away from them said

"Over here!" Another voice from a distance called

The man ran towards his partner and their footsteps disappeared.

She took a hold of his hands, looking back at him. "Sorry.."

Yongguk didn't say a word. He held her hand tightly. By now she was use to him calling her clumsy or stupid, blaming her for the mess that they were in.

"Let's go." MJ was about to get up but he held her down.

Yongguk took a hold of her arm. "It's nothing. Just a flesh wound. I'll live." She let out a small laugh

He tore a strip of fabric off from his shirt, "don't argue with me." He said

It wasn't a tone that she was use too. It sounded as if he was apologetic over something and she didn't know what he would be sorry for. She stayed quiet and let him work his patch job. As she watched his hands, she realized what was on his finger - a ring.

"Listen to me." He avoided eye contact with her, "you have to leave with your dad."

"W-what? No. What about you? I'm not going to leave you." She shook her head

"For once just do what I say!" He finally raised his voice at her. He lowered his head and taking a deep breath not wanting to yell at her. "Please.. Just do it for me. Don't argue with me. I need you to leave with your dad." He said softly

She shook her head not wanting to hear this. "No. I'm not giong to leave without you."

He took a hold of her hands, pulling her towards him till their foreheads touched. "I promise. I promise I'll find you." He said quietly

He brought his hand up caressing her face. She placed her hand on top of his. The feeling of dread ran through her knowing that it was a bad idea for them to split up. He lifted his head up placing his lips against her forehead, "I'll find you."

Before she could say anything, he stood up. She got up grabbing onto his hand once more. "Don't die on me."

He looked back and let out a smirk, "never."

 

----

The rush of blood to her head weighed down on her. Groggily she began to oepn her eyes. She wanted to speak, but all she could do was mouth out the words. Gaining some consciousness back slowly the words were coming out.

"D-da-dad." She whispered

Her vision was blurred and a constant ringing flooded her ears. As she looked beside her - her father wasn't there. An immediate panic flooded her. She looked all around and finally found him laying on the pavement a little away from the car. With all his might that he could muster up, he was trying to crawl back to her.

MJ couldn't get the seat belt free from the clasp. The sounds of voices were heading their way. Looking around for a large glass fragment to try and cut the seat belt, no luck. Behind her she could see a gun only inches away from her. Reaching back she tried to grab the gun, even with the endless amounts of pain running through her body - but the sound of 3 booming pops stopped her.

Everything in her froze. Hesitantly looking over, her eyes flooded with tears. Her father's eyes that were full of life and perseverance - disappeared.

She was yanked out of the car and dragged across the shards of glass. Looking up she could only stared down the barrel of the loaded gun. No thought. No fight. She was ready for what was going to happen next.

 

 

 

 


Author's Note:

Hello, hello! You finished the first chapter! How was it? Was it too bloody? It will probably be a while before another bloody chapter comes out...
So don't worry not all the chapters will be like this!! Please let me knowwhat your thoughts are about this, I would be happy to hear them!

Comment , Upvote && Subscribe!