Chapter 5

First Love

 

     Yeoreum took a seat next to Yeonjung, who was still wandering around Andromeda at that point. She then proceeded to scribble on a note before laying it down in front of Yeonjung.

 

     Just as Yeoreum was about to leave, Yeonjung grabbed Yeoreum by her hand. "Stay. Just.. Stay. A little longer." Yeoreum couldn't hide her chuckling, so she sat back down next to Yeonjung, her head looking away.

 

     " I thought you were out in Cosmic Land." Yeonjung's hand slid into Yeoreum's, intertwining their fingers together. For some reason, Yeoreum's cheeks were blooming pink.

 

     "I space out, yes, but I'm still aware of my surroundings. Anywho, me spacing out aside, this..." Yeonjung pointed out Yeoreum's scribbled note, "I don't think you owe me any apology, not at all. It's actually the opposite."

 

     "There's that, but I literally avoided you, for like, 3 weeks. Dayoung too got dragged in by me." Yeoreum spoke with a sympathetic voice. "The times you took too long to reply my messages, or even the times you completely forgot to reply, I actually took a step back, from everything." Her voice grew slower and slower.

 

     "What do you mean? Wait, I'm honestly lost right now." Yeonjung spoke, cutting Yeoreum in her track. "What does one step back mean?" Yeonjung was panicking.

 

     "A step back , reevaluating us. We've been close for over 5 months, but we're still just friends. Was there anything that I'm still missing?" Yeoreum spoke in a funny tone, neither of them could properly comprehend what Yeoreum blurted out.

 

     "No, no! You're just fine. More than fine, in fact." Yeonjung rushed into the conversation, reassuring Yeoreum. Both of them weren't going to make any eye contact soon, so Yeonjung lets out a heavy sigh.

 

     "I'm sorry, Yeonjung."

 

     Before Yeoreum could finish her sentence, Yeonjung cuts her in once more. "Okay, Yeoreum. Listen here. There's something that I've never told you before. That something, too, is the reason why the two of us aren't together until now."

 

     Yeoreum's expression was a mix of worry, fright and curiosity. The air around them had definitely grew heavier after Yeonjung's statement. "I'm keeping a positive mind, but you're honestly scaring me right now." Yeoreum spoke up, really starting to freak out.

 

     Yeonjung lets out one more heavy sigh before taking in another deep breath. "I've never ever been in a relationship before." She slowly spoke, feeling a weight lifted off of her shoulders. Along came in the rushing blood, rushing to her cheeks, as she began feeling embarrassed.

 

     Yeoreum was dumbfounded. The information Yeonjung just shared was registered into her head, but her mind was in no shape of comprehending it. The two sat it silence for a good minute or two. Yeonjung was practically steaming of embarrassment at this point.

 

     The silence was broken, but Yeonjung was surprised of the method Yeoreum decided to use to break it. Yeoreum came out bursting of laughter.

 

     "Wow. Real good. Good game, Yeoreum. I just told my most embarrassing and deepest secret. And you think it's okay to respond with a burst of laughter. Unbelievable." Yeonjung sarcastically spoke, flailing her arms around whilst talking, still embarrassed of the secret she just shared.

 

     "Sorry, sorry. That was honestly the least expected secret I could ever thought of." Yeoreum said as she wipes a tear that had formed at the corner of her eye. "I've fallen for you, for all the perfect reason. What you actually said, takes the cake." She continued.

 

     "Wha- What are you saying?" Yeonjung was puzzled. Embarrassed, still, but very puzzled.

 

     "I purposely ignored you. Not that it was an accident or anything, just to see how'd you be when I do that. Trust me, it was a pain even for me. But nonetheless, it was somewhat a test for the two of us." Yeoreum said, turning her whole body towards Yeonjung.

 

     "That I can ignore, but I'm still puzzled with the taking the cake thingy." Yeonjung, too, turned her body towards Yeoreum.

 

     "Oh, that one. You see, I, too, have never been in a relationship, silly." Yeoreum gleefully replied. "I kinda had this feeling that you weren't that much different from me, so I braved up and asked you out." Yeonjung gave up. She was beyond understanding the situation.

 

     "You... Wha??"

 

     "Minus the zoning out, you and I are pretty much alike. I, too, have never been in a relationship before. I knew you were somewhat special, so I wanted you to be my first love." Yeonjung glared at Yeoreum hard when she mentioned her bad habit, but slowly, she finally understood what Yeoreum was trying to say.

 

     "I honestly thought you were used to being in a relationship.. I mean, you look like the type that can actually get anyone you'd want." Yeonjung said as she regained her composure. "You honestly have no idea how much you kept me thinking about you. Involuntarily. Right from our first conversation."

 

     Yeoreum shook her head before cutting Yeonjung, "Oh I know how it feels, Yeonjung. What you felt, I felt it too. I'm just that good at hiding my feelings. Which is why I never actually overreact like you when we're together."

 

     "You noticed?" Yeonjung was taken aback.

 

     "Every single time we're together." Yeoreum simply replied, a sweet smile made its way onto Yeoreum's face.

 

     "You're that good huh?" Yeonjung rolled her eyes at Yeoreum.

 

     Yeoreum's grin was enough to make Yeonjung going head over heels over her, and she hated herself because of it. The two just sat there, silence veiling them both almost immediately.

 

     "What now?" Yeonjung broke the silence. Yeoreum turned to Yeonjung, with her usual eyes full of glee. Yeoreum doesn't need to say anything because Yeonjung herself knows what's running through Yeoreum's head at that point.

 

     "Even if you don't ask, my answer is always a yes." Yeoreum shoots her most sincere smile and made Yeonjung's heart skipped a beat.

 

     "If you say so." Yeonjung teased Yeoreum.

 

     In an instance, Yeonjung's lips met Yeoreum's. It happened in a flash, but the moment their lips touched, they knew they were going to make lots and lots of beautiful moments together.