Chapter 4

First Love

 

     "Unnie, are you free to talk?" Yeonjung asked Exy. The older girl stopped her scribbling and turned to Yeonjung. Exy knew immediately something had happened to Yeonjung. At least, that's what people would read from her facial expression. She gestured Yeonjung to take a seat next to her.

 

     "Did something happen?" Exy asked Yeonjung, her husky voice was filled with concern. Yeonjung slowly nodded. Exy slid her books and stationeries aside, giving the younger girl her full attention.

 

     "Yeoreum and I hadn't been talking to one another. It's been 3 weeks since our last conversation. She's even avoiding me in class too. I honestly don't know what's going on with her." She said in a very depressed tone. "Dayoung told me it's normal for Yeoreum to act like this once in a while, but I'm positive she's not spilling any beans at all." Yeonjung proceeded to lay her head on her folded arms on the table, exhaling in exasperation.

 

     "I'm sure she has her reasons." Exy said, trying to find the proper word for the younger girl. "Take a step back. Think back. Did you do anything that had made her upset? Perhaps something that you talked about?" The older girls asked as her hands pats Yeonjung on the head.

 

     "Nothing that I could think of.. I mean, all this while, everything that I've done never seem to be a bother for her." She paused for a few seconds, realising something. "Now that I think about it, I remember she once told me she never really liked late replies. Like replies that takes over 20 minutes. And I've given her just that a day or two before she started ignoring me."

 

     "Now that you realised that, don't you think you owe Yeoreum an apology? I'm sure she'll understand once you explain. If she chose to continue to ignore you, try harder. I know it's not the best advice I can ever give you, but you yourself knows how much she really likes you." Exy said with a smile, glad that Yeonjung won't probably end in the same situation she herself once gotten into.

 

     "Thank you, unnie! I'll inform you of the outcome once I'm finish settling this!" Yeonjung jumped back into her step, happy to finally see the light at the end of the tunnel. Before leaving, Yeonjung gave Exy one big hug that would have made her faint if she decided to hug Exy and longer than she had.

 

     As Yeonjung made her way to her class, she started arranging her words in her head, along with some possible conversation that might occur when she apologises. Amid her mind flying into the clouds of thought, she didn't notice Yeoreum was following her from behind ever since she left Exy's classroom.

 

     Yeoreum waited a minute or two after Yeonjung came into the classroom, giving both of them the time they needed. When Yeoreum made her way into the classroom, Yeonjung was already sitting in her seat, but Yeonjung being Yeonjung, her soul was nowhere within the Milky Way. Yeoreum chuckled, watching Yeonjung's habit takes over her conscious mind.