Vernon

Warmth

Vernon smiles from ear to ear. He couldn’t help himself. What the members were talking about was indeed funny, but Seungkwan being beside him gave his day an extra sprinkle of happiness. He loved to be around the boy. He was a bit too clingy sometimes, but Seungkwan’s presence always makes him giddy. Why, he wasn’t quite sure, but he attributes it to the fact that he was his best friend and he naturally enjoyed his company.

Seungkwan pats his back and gives his shoulder a quick squeeze. He wasn’t sure he caught what Seungkwan said, but Vernon’s lips curl and his teeth gleams, the short contact with Seungkwan giving him a boost of joy.

He looks away for one second, stopping himself from becoming ecstatic. When he looks back, he sees Seungkwan slip off the stage. Without thinking, his hand immediately grabs the boy’s hand, stopping him from toppling over. Seungkwan’s hand is soft in his, he grips it tight, feeling his protective instincts kick in.

Seungkwan pulls himself up, his weight on Vernon’s hand.

Vernon easily pulls the other up the stage, looking at him carefully, his eyes inspecting every inch on the boy’s expression, checking if everything is alright. “What are you doing?” Vernon mumbles.

Seungkwan says a quick thank you and veers his attention to the other members.

Vernon gets an uneasy feeling crawl in him. He impatiently looks at what Seungkwan’s busying himself with, waiting for the other to turn his way. His mouth is ajar, moving his jaw to appease his irritation. He slightly bumps Seungkwan’s back in an attempt to get his attention.

Seungkwan turns to Vernon, still wearing a silly expression from talking to the other members.

Vernon’s face turns serious. He ogles Seungkwan, scanning his face for any unusual reactions. He feels Jun’s hand on his arm, but he keeps his focus on Seungkwan, feeling his body tense. “Are you okay?” He finally says. “You should watch what you’re doing. You could’ve hurt yourself.” He scolds the other.

Seungkwan nods, his expression serious and obviously sorry for the little accident.

Vernon is not convinced and he feels himself almost boil up. He can tolerate all kinds of things from Seungkwan, but he hates it most when he gets clumsy. It doesn’t only put him in danger of hurting himself, but It also means that he’s tired. Vernon turns his attention to the audience, shaking the microphone in his hand, getting impatient, his thoughts on how long until the fan meeting is over, how long until he can check if Seungkwan didn’t hurt his foot from the fall, how long until he can hold the boy’s hand without anyone batting an eye, and how long until he can run his fingers through the boy’s hair while he sleeps on his shoulder on the way home.

He feels Seungkwan’s hand on his back, his chest touching his shoulder, his finger reaching out to his hand, the little warmth almost painful. Vernon quickly pulls his hand away, pretending to move his microphone to the other hand. He turns his back to Seungkwan, feeling his heart clench, the urge to hold the boy’s hand making him breathless.

 

--

This is the last chapter! I thought I'd make a Vernon point of view, too. Hope you liked this! Thanks for reading! :)