chapter two

It's you

(sorry it's basically LOL)

 

 

Bokyon sighed, gripping her gym bag’s strap tighter. She was walking up to OWE’s building. Looking up at the building nervously. Finally getting there really surprised at how much plant life was around. It was peaceful, and nice, she heard the sound of trickling water; there must have been a fountain close by.  The sign that said 'Open World Entertainment' was not as intimidating as she pictured it in her mind to be, just a fair sized ground sign. Walking past it, she somehow fond comfort in its simplicity.

 She took a deep breath and walked into the building, looking for the front desk, which was to the far right corner.

 

She looked at the woman who was behind the counter, to which the woman smiled up at her. "Hi there, what do you need?

 

 

Bokyon cleared quickly, “I’m looking for Kim Byunkyu..”

 

The lady nodded turning to her computer, “What’s your name, dear?” she asked, sounding very sweet.

 

“Oh, Kang Bokyon…”

 

“Here you are” she smiled again, hitting a button Bokyon couldn’t decipher what it was for, as she stood up, walking around to the front of the desk. “Right this way” she directed and Bokyon followed.

 

The thought of meeting her manager for the first time was nerve wracking.

She was told she’d be practicing today as well, so that meant she’d probably be meeting other trainee’s…. which also made her nervous.

 

The Woman led her up a flight of stairs.

Looking around the place, she noticed how beautiful it was. Large spacey, maybe 5 stories tall. Dark calming colors and posters of musicians everywhere, a few she could recognize, but could not name.

 

She stopped walking as the lady paused in front of a large wooden door.

 

“He’s waiting for you inside,” she said with a small smile.

 

Bokyon dipped her head, “Thank you.”

 

The lady nodded and walked back downstairs.

 

She sighed again, gripping the door handle. Why was she so nervous? She was already accepted, nothing to worry about, right?

 

Wrong.

 

So many horrible scenarios played out in her head.

Like that one time she tripped over nothing on stage.

Or had accidently she had gotten her ring caught in her hair, in the middle of a school speech.

Ok, they were not things that would get her kicked out, but that were embarrassing as hell.

 

“You can do this.” She told herself, closing her eyes, and taking another deep breath.

 

She opened the door, peaking her head inside, knocking gently on the door.

 

“Mr. Kim?” she asked, stepping inside slightly, looking around, not seeing anyone.

“It’s Kang Bokyon, one of your new trainee’s…” she paused, as a figure came around the corner. A tall man, probably around his early 40’s, wearing classy casual attire.

 

“Ah! Ms. Kang!” he said cheerfully, his voice high, yet smooth – it made her feel 10 times better.- “Please, sit” he said backing up a few steps and indication a coffee table with chairs around it. She was expecting a desk with intimidating pieces of paper and a mundane setting. She was pleasantly surprised.

 

“It’s nice to finally meet you” he said, sitting across from her, “Your audition seemed very promising, and I’m excited to see you improve.”

 

She almost choked on her spit. Promising? Her?

 

“T-Thank you, very much.” She dipped her head.

 

For about a minute, they just stared at one another. He seemed to be studying her. She gave him the same stare back.

 

“Nervous?” he asked, being the one who broke the silence.

 

“Yeah, just a little.”

 

“Understandable,” He reached down, picking up a red notebook, “This,” he started, waiving the flimsy notebook around, “This what the judges thought of you during auditions.” Holding it out in front if her, “Take it to heart, and work on your problem areas.”

 

“Oh, thank you.” She dipped her head again, taking the notebook from him. Not sure if she should look at it now, or wait… she decided to wait.

 

She looked up from the blood red notebook when she noticed movement.

Mr. Kang was standing up, “Shall we take a tour?” he asked, she nodded, standing up as well, following him outside the office.

 

“The practice rooms are always open, so are the showers.” He told her, leading her down the hall, and around a corner, which lead to another spacey hall. “There are practice rooms on every floor but the top, that’s for staff, most people don’t go up there,” A small smile appeared on his face.

 

Bokyon narrowed her eyes slightly at his smile. Why would he smile saying that the top floor is for staff? She sensed something weird; she was intrigued now...

 

She was snapped out of her thoughts when a tune went off. It was Mr. Kang’s phone, which he pulled out.

“Opps!” he exclaimed as he had forgotten something terribly important. “I have to go” he hurriedly hit the answer button and walked off, “Explore around! Practice starts in 15 minutes!” he shouted after her, continuing his half-sprint down the hall, talking apologetic words into the phone.

 

Bokyon watched him until he was out of site, wondering what that was about; she was a naturally curios person. But she wasn’t going to follow him and find out, she might get lost and miss her first practice. Otherwise she would.  She was even tempted to now… 

 

“Yo, fresh meat!”  she heard someone call out, turning around she saw someone fast approaching her, which made her step back a little.

 

“Can I help you?”  her eyebrows furrowed.

 

The girl tossed her long black hair to the side, looking Bokyon up and down. She simply scoffed in reply, turning and walking into what Bokyon assumed to be the practice room.

 

Bokyon just kinda stood there, wondering if the girl was on crack. But she quickly dismissed it, she dealt with s at school, no doubt she’d run into some here.

 

She didn’t see what else there was to do, so she let herself in the practice room, the only thing she saw was someone’s back, obviously blocking the way.

 

“E-Excuse me” she said passing him, stopping in her tracks when she saw his face.

 

Oh.My.God.

 

He.Was.Gorgeous.

 

“I’m sorry.” He smiled, moving out of the way. His smooth voice memorized her.

She stood there for a few seconds, just looking at him. “Are you alright?” he asked, stepping close to her.

“I’m fine” she said quickly, snapping out of her stupor, “Sorry.” She backed away, bowing her head slightly.

She heard him chuckle softly, but dared not to look back at him, for fear of being mesmerized again.

 

Looking around the room, it was rather big; probably one of the bigger rooms. The walls were brick, with a full mirror on the back wall. She sat on the floor, setting her bag down, biting her lip as she stared down at the red note book, sighing softly as she reached out to pick it up.

“I wouldn’t read that right before class.” A voice appeared, sitting down next to her, “Depressing stuff in there.” The girl said with an indifferent look on her face, making Bokyon want to frown.

 

“I probably wasn’t going to read it anyway.” she sighed, putting her hand in her lap instead of picking up the notebook.

 

The girl nodded slowly, “or at least mine was, and everyone else’s I know…” she scratched the back of her head, shrugging slightly.

 

Bokyon gave a slight ‘mmm’ sound, looking to the side at the girl, admiring her soft features; she was rather pretty.

 

The girl smiled softly when she caught Bokyon staring at her from the corner of her eye, “I’m Heejin, nice to meet you.” She extended her hand toward her, and Bokyon took it.

 

“I’m Bokyon, nice to meet you too.” She smiled back, glancing beyond Heejin as she noticed a new someone walk in the room, dropping open slightly.

 

Heejin turned her head when she saw Bokyons change in expressions, smirking when she saw what was the cause of the sudden loosening of jaw muscles.

 

“That’s Park Hyunchul.” She said, the name repeating through Bokyons head like a gong…

 

Park Hyunchul.