Day One (First Encounter)

Seventh Day
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Lisa opened her eyes and the dim room was surrounding her. Shifting her gaze to the right side of the bed, she could see her most beloved one. Kim Hanbin was leaning his head to the edge of the bed and he was fast asleep. She always thinks that it is so cute to see his face while he’s sleeping and she knows she would never be bored of doing it.

Following her instinct to rub his hair as it became her habit ever since their wedding, she raised her hand. But the view which came after that made a horrific expression upon her face.

She was separated from her own body.

She jumped out of the shocking event she was experiencing. But it made her worse since she had been totally separated from her body and she could clearly see her own body was lying on the bed. She got out of the bed carelessly but it didn’t even bother her husband who was right next to her body.

“It must be a dream,” she said to herself.

But the room and the medical equipment all around her body made her realize that she was in the hospital. She was trying to figure what was happening at the time when she saw Kim Hanbin lifted his head. The feeling of something pressed her chest appeared when she saw his tired face she had never seen before. It was the worst one she ever witnessed.

Hanbin rubbed his face before fixed the blanket upon Lisa’s chest. The gaze on his eyes made her want to hurriedly hold him and rubbed his back so she could bear a half of his burden. But she couldn’t do that with her state at the time. She couldn’t even touch him.

“I’m sorry…” Kim Hanbin whispered as the tear came down on his cheek.

A piece of memory crossed Lisa’s head as he said that.

***

“I’m sorry…” Hanbin said as a guilty expression appeared on his face. He was trying to reach out of Lisa when she stepped back. His chest ached when he saw tears started to stream down upon her cheeks. There was nothing he wanted but hold her tight into his chest at the moment.

But her frightened face was stopping him to step forward.

In the other side, Lisa was still feeling the sting on her hand after she slapped her husband. But it couldn’t be compared with the pain she was holding in her heart. She couldn’t believe that the man she had been living with said those words which stab her more than anything could hurt her.

She decided to leave the home and into her car.

***

Lisa felt her chest was aching when she was recalling her memory and she cried. She didn’t want to remember the next thing that happened which took her to her current state. Lifting her head, she saw Hanbin rubbed her hair and dropped his face. He was crying.

Lisa was about to run to Hanbin and to hold him when she felt someone was watching her. She turned her head and saw a guy was leaning his shoulder to the wall.

“There’s nothing you can do,” he said.

The guy was wearing a long black coat and the rest of his outfit were also black. The thought of grim reaper was crossing her head since it was the most acceptable explanation with all of those strange things she was experiencing at the time.

“Very close. But I’m not a really grim reaper, just kind of that,” he stated as he could read her mind. “And yes I can read your mind.”

“Who are you?”—was the words that came out of .

The black coated guy smirked, “Let’s talk outside.”

Before Lisa could have a good grip to his words, she found herself was already standing in a fenceless place. She could feel the floor under her feet and her surrounding was full of tall buildings. She was on the rooftop of the hospital’s building.

“You’re given a chance to meet with your husband once again.”

The guy didn’t even give her time to process what her mind had to do at the time. She was overwhelmed and couldn’t find a word.

“Am I too fast?” The guy questioned.

“Yes,” Lisa replied.

His coat was blown by the wind but Lisa couldn’t feel the cold even though she was wearing the dress she had worn before the accident.

“You will wake up in a week from today before you have to go,” he said. “And you will be in this state until you wake…”

“Wait,” Lisa lifted her hands to stop him. “Before I go?”

The guy took a heavy breath before he nodded.

“What do you mean? Where do I have to go?”

The guy didn’t answer immediately as he did before and the horrible thought hit her mind. Died. She would die a week from the day and it made her dropped to the floor.

“Does it make sense?” Lisa looked at the guy in front of her.

“You might need time to accept it but if I were you, I’ll use my time to do something I should have done in my life,” he said.

***

After a long time arguing with her mother, Kim Hanbin was finally on his way home. He insisted to stay at the hospital but everyone agreed that he need to take a rest. He had not have a proper sleep or eat since Lisa had been lying there. All he wanted was nothing but to be there with her and Lisa herself could see his will since she had watched him all

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter