Chapter 7: Hazardous... and Annoying

War on the Seventh Floor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“What are you smiling about?”

“I'm not,” Yongguk denies as the expression falls from his face. He turns to look at Himchan, who was coming out of the bathroom with wet hair and a towel in his hands. 

Shooting him a look, Himchan gives in. There’s no point in arguing the obvious.

“When are you leaving?”

“Why?” Himchan questions. Was Yongguk kicking him out? After what he had done last night to gather information for him? After all that trouble?

Though it wasn’t good information, as Yongguk had told him. But, it couldn’t be helped if those were Sohee’s honest feelings. The thought brings a smile to Himchan’s lips. He didn’t know how fun it would be to talk to her– hearing blunt thoughts was certainly amusing. 

“Because I am,” Yongguk answers as he heads for the door.

“Where are you going?”

“Lock up when you leave,” he merely responds before he closes the door after him. 

Himchan is left staring in silence before he returns to the couch. “Well, it’s not like I can’t guess,” he mutters to himself as he splays himself across the cushion and pulls out his phone to update the others. 

He’ll leave when he feels he’s ready.

Predictably standing before Sohee’s door, Yongguk taps his knuckles lightly on it. He glances at the photos of him still up all over his door, is she ever planning to take it down? It was certainly a popular sight last night for the partygoers. When it takes a while for her to answer it, he looks down at his watch– it really isn’t that early anymore.

The door clicks open.

“What do you want?” 

Looking back up, he stares at the young woman in front of him. Not in the same clothes he left her in last night but nonetheless, still a mess. Her fun night is written all over her. “I want some hungover soup.”

“Huh?”

“If you make me some, I’ll owe you a favor.”

“I’m not falling for that again,” she mutters but, as she rubs her face, she steps aside for him to come in anyhow. 

Taking off his shoes, Yongguk immediately notices the familiar delicious scent wafting in the air. Watching her head back into the open kitchen, he realizes she's already in the middle of cooking the beef and vegetable soup that he craves. She was thinking the same thing. With a smile on his face, he follows after her and takes a seat at her kitchen table with a view of her back to him as she returns to her task of cooking. 

“Did you have fun yesterday?”

“I don’t remember yesterday,” she answers tiredly. She goes and reaches for the salt container. 

“So, yo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter