Taekwoon

Smitten

Jaehwan was sitting on the couch, snugly pressed against Sanghyuk who took up almost a third of it with his enormous body. He felt quite comfortable with his back against Sanghyuk's chest and his legs pulled up, feet propped up on the armrest as he played his favourite game on his phone while Sanghyuk watched a boring action movie playing on TV.

“Jaehwan-ah?” Taekwoon called from the kitchen.

Jaehwan sighed. Whatever Taekwoon wanted from him, Jaehwan was quite reluctant to stand up for it, and he had a feeling Taekwoon wanted something that required him to do just that.

“Do you think if I pretend to be asleep he’ll let me be?” Jaehwan murmured to Sanghyuk.

“Jaehwan-ah!” Taekwoon called again, this time louder.

“He’s going!” Sanghyuk yelled back and when Jaehwan pushed himself away from him to glare into his face, Sanghyuk gave him his most vicious grin.

“You are the cruellest devil of them all, I hope you know that,” Jaehwan grumbled and stood up.

“Oh, you’re flattering me,” Sanghyuk said and blew a kiss at Jaehwan for which he got flipped off.

Taekwoon was standing by the kitchen counter, above a pot of… his special rose pasta, Jaehwan noted as he reached it.

“Yes, dad?” Jaehwan asked, grimacing.

“Be quiet,” Taekwoon said and took out a spoonful of the sauce, blowing on it a few times before holding it out to Jaehwan. “Try this.”

“I’m not hungry yet,” Jaehwan replied.

“You need to eat and this is for dinner, so just try it, okay?”

“But it always tastes the same!” Jaehwan cried out and he was seconds away from stomping his feet. “Why do you always make me try it when it always tastes the same?”

“Because you don’t eat enough and I want it to be the best for you,” Taekwoon replied with an expressionless face, and nudged Jaehwan's lips with the spoon.

Jaehwan rolled his eyes and took the spoon into his mouth, chewing on a mushroom afterwards, when Taekwoon had already pulled his hand back. He was looking at Jaehwan like he was trying to read his mind to know how it tasted even before Jaehwan said, “Yeah, it’s good. Can I leave?”

Apparently, Taekwoon took that as a sign that it wasn’t perfect and his face twitched, his lips forming a small pout. He nodded nevertheless and Jaehwan was glad he could be free again.

Later, when they were all sitting at the dinner table, Jaehwan got his own portion of pasta beforehand, already served on a plate instead of having to take some for himself, and he was also the only one who got parsley decoration on top.

When he looked up, Taekwoon was already nose deep into his own plate, the tips of his ears slightly red.