Chapter 6

Daddy's Blank Space
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

CHAPTER SIX

2850 words.

 

The next morning, Taeyeon finally decided to just bury the conversation last night  and kept reminding herself that this feeling would go away. ‘It’s just the matter of time, Taeyeon.’ She realized that when she looked into the mirror, she looked like a zombie who had just got back from a war. Bloodshot puffy eyes, red nose and flushed cheeks. No matter how much she tried washing her face, the redness just won’t wash away.

 

 

 Groaning, she quickly took a shower and prepared herself. The staffs had informed that they’ll be having a family day for the company’s workers and they’ll be spending all day at the beach today. Grabbing a navy blue summer dress that reached her thigh, she quickly put the dress on and applied some sun cream and also a cherry colored lip tint to finish off her looks. Her hair was styled into a messy bun before she folded a white cardigan (just in case, who knew when would she need it) and put it into Taehyun’s diaper bag.

 

 

 Packing Taehyun’s clothes and food for their ‘beach day’ wasn’t hard since she had already planned everything way back in Seoul, and now she just had to double check the stuffs to make sure everything was prepared. She immediately shuffled to the floor when she heard the knocks and quickly grabbed Taehyun from Baekhyun without saying anything while walking to the bathroom to bath the baby.

 

 

“Ma ma ma!” Taehyun shouted happily, his small hands gently grabbing Taeyeon’s face and he started placing some sloppy kisses on her face as she walked out of the bathroom after bathing the baby. Smiling, Taeyeon wasted no time and quickly slipped the diapers on and put on his T-shirt and shorts, ignoring Baekhyun who had been staring at her from the single sofa near the bed.

 

 

“He didn’t wake up at all last night,” Baekhyun spoke, making his way towards the bed and sat down on it’s edge, where he could face Taeyeon directly. Taeyeon avoided his gaze and grabbed Taehyun’s feet just as before he could climb away from her so she could apply the sun cream on his skin.

 

 

“He must be tired.” She responded, long after the pause. Baekhyun nodded in agreement and cocked his brows when he finally noticed Taeyeon’s change. She wasn’t as chirpy as she was yesterday, and she looked damn worn out with her puffy eyes and flushed cheeks.

 

 

“Taeyeon, is there something wrong?” His voice was full of concern, but Taeyeon was rather too hurt to fathom it as something heart fluttering. Clearing , Taeyeon nodded and stood up before grabbing Taehyun and tucking him into his stroller, carefully securing him with the seatbelt. “We can just order room service for breakfast and rest here all day if you are tired, Taeyeon.” He spoke once again, now standing right behind Taeyeon.

 

 

“No, I’m alright. Let’s go.” She rejected, walking pass Baekhyun to grab the diaper bag. Taehyun started whimpering as he felt the lost of his nanny’s presence but Baekhyun quickly bent down to pat his legs.

 

 

 The walk towards the restaurant was mostly quiet, only Taehyun’s unfathomable mumblings were filling the silent air. Baekhyun kept eyeing Taeyeon as she walked in front of him, pushing the stroller and purposely trying to avoid any conversation with him. “Taehyun’s milk and food is inside this bag.” She informed while hanging the bag’s straps onto the stroller’s handle without looking at Baekhyun.

 

 

“What? Where are you going?” Baekhyun asked, confusion all over his face. Taeyeon took her purse from the bag and stood up straight, finally looking into his way.

 

 

“I’m going out for awhile. You can have your breakfast here and I promise I’ll be back before the event starts. And Baekhyun, you can cut off my salary since this is considered slacking off.” She informed in one go, her hand tightly clutching her purse.

 

 

“What do you mean? If you want to go out, we can just go together.”

 

 

“No, Baekhyun. I want to to, em.. go alone.” She bid her goodbye and immediately ran towards the exit, leaving a very perplexed Baekhyun and his son.

 

 

~*~

 

 

The air immediately felt a lot lighter just as she stepped out of the hotel. Being with Baekhyun was suffocating, especially when she just got friendzoned last night. Right, she had never been in love, leave alone having a relationship, but just as she was about to experience on how’d it feel like to fall in love, she was immediately rejected before she could even confess!

 

 

 Frowning, she finally found herself an empty bench near the pedestrian walk and took a seat,  looking around to look for some decent café so she could buy herself something edible. “A grilled cheese would be so delicious in this kind of situation.” She mumbled, gulping down as her mind started imagining the tastiness of the so said food.

 

 

“Did you just say grilled cheese?” A deep, well actually very deep voice suddenly startled her from the back, erupting a loud shriek from the woman. Turning around, she saw the owner of the voice and her jaw immediately hung wide when she marveled the handsome man’s face. His hair was dyed red, almost burgundy and he had big eyes, tall nose bridge and a pair of pink fluffy lips. Grinning, the man stood up from his seat and confidently walked to the bench and sat down next to her before crossing his long legs. God, he is tall!

 

 

“Did you hear what I said just now?” She asked hesitantly. The tall man just nodded and stuck out his hand, offering a handshake.

 

 

“Chanyeol. You?” Taeyeon hesitated for awhile and slowly grabbed his hand.

 

 

“Kim Taeyeon.”

 

 

“Taeyeon? That’s a really nice name.” He complimented, once again grinning to show her his beautiful smile. Taeyeon politely thanked him and returned his compliment by saying that he had a nice smile. Chanyeol laughed at her words and shook his head in amusement. “So, are you here alone?”

 

 

“No, I am with my boss. They are having some celebration.” She quickly denied, laughing to keep the atmosphere warm. Chanyeol quietly nodded and stood up, ironing the crease of his black jeans with his hands.

 

 

“Let’s go, I will treat you some delicious grilled cheese.” He offered kindly, waiting for Taeyeon to stand up.

 

 

“Huh? No, no it’s okay, Chanyeol-sshi! We had just met and it’s em—”

 

 

“That’s why I should treat you to eat, so we can get to know each other better. Come on, I’ve been here for God knows how many times already, so we will surely can explore Jeju freely.” Chanyeol argued.

 

 

“But I have to get back before 12.” Chanyeol glanced at his wristwatch and smiled.

 

 

“Nah, we still have three more hours, then I’ll take you back to your hotel. Deal?” Taeyeon hesitated for a moment and finally agreed as she stood up and smiled at Chanyeol. Walking around Jeju to get her mind off of Baekhyun wasn’t really a bad option after all.

 

 

~*~

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter