~4~

The Bully
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Okay, just going to let everyone know who might have read chapter three before I changed a little part of it - lol. Being the leader of a gang seemed not enough for controlling the government, so I changed it so Baro's father is the mafia leader instead ~

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Mafia?!! Kandace thought. What? She slapped herself in the face. I must be dreaming. She stumbled on a broken piece of sidewalk and threw out her arms to catch herself. She landed hard on her knees, but thankfully didn't smack her head on the concrete. I don't think my head could've stood it. As if on cue, her head suddenly throbbed making nausea churn in her stomach. Pushing herself up, she continued on.

After the kid Gongchan had unlocked the chains on her feet, he had waited for her to exit the shed and then locked the door behind her. 

She had looked around, afraid that Baro was just waiting somewhere to grab her and take her somewhere else, but he was nowhere to be found.

She had been right. The shed was an old meeting place for after school clubs, but due to nonuse, it was now in a sad shape. The roof looked caved-in slightly on one side and the paint was almost completely gone. It was situated behind the school, but behind a bunch of trees so she had never seen it.

Gongchan had walked away, leaving her to either follow or find her own way back to the road. 

She had chosen to follow him, but at a distance. After all, she didn't know him anymore than she knew that Baro fellow. What if he would do something worse than what Baro had done? She wasn't completely sure Baro had actually been one of the ones to kidnap her either. In fact, she was sure he hadn't been. If what Gongchan had said was true, he probably had never done his dirty work himself. Except for kicking her in the hallway. That he most certainly had done himself.

Gongchan had walked through paths and around other buildings she hadn't realized were there, before finally emerging on the side of the school near the bus stop. 

He continued on through the gates and turned left while she stopped and watched him walk away. After waiting several minutes she finally made her way to the gates and walked in the opposite direction.

She had started walking as fast as she could in the direction of home. She'd glanced at her phone and realized she was two hours late. She was going to be in big trouble.

The son of the leader of the Mafia. No matter how many times she repeated it in her head, she still couldn't wrap her mind around it.

She, an American, had moved with her family to a civilized country only to be told that there was a mafia in Seoul. And not only was there a mafia, the guy who had beaten her up and had had her kidnapped was the son of the leader.

It was just too crazy. The mafia? This was the twenty-first century. And Seoul, for Pete's sake.

She shook her head trying to dislodge her thoughts and quickened her steps once again.

Once she reached her house, she paused and took a deep breath. Might as well face the music now, rather than later.

_______________________________________________________________________________

 

As soon as she opened the door, she was bombarded by voices.

"Where were you!"

"I'm starving!"

"You're late. I already told dad and you'll be in so much trouble when he comes home!"

She winced and covered her ears. "Yah! Hush, won't you?"

Three of her four siblings that were there( Jake would still be at basketball practice) glared at her and she sighed. How did Mom

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter