love is awesome

soft [sun side]

She’s not used to it. Really, she’s an outlier among the others, she feels, because this wasn’t her goal, and it definitely wasn’t her in her life plans.

It wasn’t a world she expected herself to be in, but it also wasn’t a world that she minded. It was just quite amazing, the role she was placed in and found herself growing into. She was the youngest in her family, and had expected to be the youngest in her workplace, once she finally broke into her career. And yet, after a decision on a dime and quite some time later she had become the leader and oldest of three other girls.

One girl in particular. It’s like they were literally pulled from the same mold and flipped.

Byulyi had wanted this since she was in middle school. Byulyi was the oldest of her family.

In the presence of Yongsun, Byulyi was delicate like she wasn’t ready for the world to be watching.

Yongsun couldn’t really place where it started, she only knew that she didn’t really want it to end, despite not knowing what it actually was.

It was Byulyi, of course. Somewhere along the line she had become strangely possessive of the other’s touch.

It made her feel special, the absolute devotion. Byulyi’s touches left grins and a fluttering in her center and, god, when Byulyi looked at her, Yongsun could barely think enough to breathe and tear her gaze away. She could drown in it. Yongsun didn’t know how Byulyi did it, bleed adoration. It made her feel loved.

When Byulyi got handsy with others, it took away from that feeling.

That’s another thing that’s different about her. Physical affection, she’s not as good at it. Yongsun figures Wheein and Hyejin are used to if from each other, and just translate that to her and Byulyi too. But they still touch each other more. It’s hard to measure up to eight years of friendship. Byulyi though, is unreserved no matter who it is. It just so happens Yongsun is the most readily available. In the beginning, Yongsun was glad that Byulyi was latching onto her, it made her feel dependable; it made her more confident in her role as leader.

Now, Yongsun feels lucky, and she feels grateful that something as arbitrary as which side of their faces look better put them in that position. That because of it, she has hands to keep her warm, to keep her safe, to bring her home, to hold on to her and say “you belong here”.

Yongsun never thought she’d end up where she was, but Byulyi made her wonder why she would ever be anywhere else.