love is awesome

soft [moon side]

Skinship sells. It’s no secret that affection thrives in their industry, and fans eat it all up.

Byulyi is grateful. Being loved by girl fans and being surrounded by arguably the most beautiful girls in the country is no difficult position to be in. It’s even better since she’s in a group with the prettiest of them all.

Touching others comes naturally to Byulyi. Her words aren’t that great at expressing how she feels, so instead she relays it in a pat on the shoulder, a grasping of hands, or arms around the waist. Touching is comfortable, it calms her down, and girls are soft, so Byulyi tries to keep as much contact as she can. It’s reflexive, instinctive, and it comes as no surprise when she starts sticking to Yongsun like glue.

It starts for the obvious reason. In their formation, Yongsun is the closest person, and she’s nice, so she never pushes Byulyi away. When they’re on stage, on video, in front of cameras or not, having a kind unnie to hold on to when she’s not quite sure of herself is a blessing. It’s even better because Yongsun gives her more than physical comfort; even in their trainee days she’d always be there as a pillar of support, a shining beacon cutting through Byulyi self-doubt. Byulyi clung on to Yongsun because surely, she would have fallen alone.

And maybe it could have been Wheein or Hyejin, or anyone. But maybe Wheein instead would have gotten sad with her, and maybe Hyejin would have been too blunt in her care. And maybe they already had each other.

A hand on the back, a hug from the side, intertwining fingers, nuzzling into the crook of her neck, whispering low so they have to get close, a poke in the cheeks, a hand on her thigh, a blanket wrapped around the both of them, the feeling of curling into a tight ball and hugging her, a grin she just can’t help because she’s so happy, a kiss just far enough to be platonic.

Soft words, knowing her thoughts without speaking, trusting her and being trusted, leaving everything out in the open and not being afraid, gazing into eyes so warm they could have convinced her she never had anxiety in the first place.

Of course it had to be Yongsun.

Yongsun was Byulyi’s safe space.