There and Back Again

Look Into My Eyes
Please log in to read the full chapter

Kim Shin collapsed onto his bed and his body molded into the softness of the mattress. He practically purred as his muscles relaxed. The entire room smelled like he remembered; masculine and sweet. Like him he supposed. He shifted upward until his head rested on a pillow. For a moment he lay there with his eyes closed, content to rest there forever until he felt someone poke him hard in his side. His round eyes opened slowly and peered up at Wang Yeo. He expected the other man to look as complacent as before, but the expression on the Reaper’s face was anything but pleasant.

“You’re getting water all over your bed.” Wang Yeo crossed his arms over his chest, his expression blank and disinterested. His gaze darted from Kim Shin’s wet clothing to the once immaculate bed that was now drenched in cold water. He looked back and forth a few more times, utterly conflicted and appalled by the mess. Wang Yeo stepped toward the bed with his arms outstretched as if he wanted to clean and then stepped away shaking and holding his head. Kim Shin watched the other man battle his resolve for a minute before Wang Yeo finally shook his head and turned to walk away. “I’m not cleaning that up.”

“Help me get undressed at least.” Kim Shin murmured from behind him. He managed to sit up and shift so that he now sat on the side of his bed. His booted feet slapped the wood floor and water dripped from his long robes leaving a pool of ice water on the floor.

Wang Yeo’s eyes widened in horror and his steps faltered. “Help you...wait, what?” He pivoted around and stared at Kim Shin as the man made, what he assumed, was a half-assed attempt to get undressed on his own. Kim Shin tugged at the straps around his waist and somehow managed to get his arm stuck in his sleeve as he tried to free his arm. The childlike pout on his face as Kim Shin gazed up at him almost made him smile, yet he managed to keep his glower firmly fixed. Is this what the Goblin has become?

“No, but can’t I take advantage of your generosity for a moment longer anyway?” Kim Shin said, answering the other man’s thoughts out loud. Kim Shin smirked, his eyes twinkling. Wang Yeo had forgotten they could read each other’s thoughts. Glaring at the Goblin, Wang Yeo crossed the room and stood in front of him.

“You’re using me then?” He said, raising a brow.

“Says the man who has lived in my house for thirty years.”

Well, that was unexpected. Wang Yeo stood a bit taller, his chest puffed out as he prepared for another bantering session. “You gave me the lease. This is my house.”

“In the event that I died and never returned. But I’m very much alive.”

"That can be corrected.”

Kim Shin had the audacity to look offended. “I thought you were happy to see me.” He fluttered his lashes, his hand across his heart as if it would break any second.

Wang Yeo smirked then, but the smile dissolved quickly. “Fine. But you’re changing your own bed.” He jerked his head upward. “Stand up.”

Kim Shin’s smile widened and he stood quickly--a bad idea cause the room spun and he stumbled backward. Wang Yeo looped his arm around his waist and held him close in an effort to keep him standing, but they b

Please log in to read the full chapter