Chapter 2

Rose
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 2

“He said hi to ME” Areum gushed again while fanning herself. Gods be damned I would hang whoever this boy was by the balls if I ever have to hear another word from her lips.

“If I were you, I’d learn to shut my mouth when SOMEBODY wants to STUDY” I laced my voice with enough venom that could kill the girl.

“You’d learn a thing or two from Rose if you would actually study Areum” Ara said from the doorway of my room. Thank the lord. I pivoted around to see the latter in her work outfit. She recently got a job as a waitress.

Areum shot us a glare. “You two aren’t good at this” she huffed and stomped out of the room.

Sighing I continued reading my notes. As annoying as she seems, I never had any full conversations with Areum. It seems to just lead us into some sort of disagreement. Being 2 years younger, she was a real pain in the with her constant gossip, wants and whining.

I had no choice but to live with the yapping witch.

“Mid-terms huh? Not important if you asked me Rosie” Ara had placed her placed her bag and ditched her apron on the table. She gave me a small smile. I instantly felt tired.

“Easy for you to say, Ara. I wouldn’t study this hard if we had the money to pay off the bills” I glanced her way and stretched my arms.

She chuckled. “That’s why I’m working, you’re studying, Areum whining and mom spending. What a life this is Rosie.”

I wanted to laugh at her statement. “You didn’t have to state the obvious” I rolled my eyes.

Plopping down on the worn down mattress Ara sighed. “I’m sorry, Rose. For all of it”

“Don’t. Don’t start Ara.”

“I just feel so sad seeing you like this all the time Rose”

I closed my books and sauntered over to where she was. I’ve accepted my fate as it is. I couldn’t change it even if I cried, screamed or prayed to whoever was listening because I couldn’t choose.

The life that was thrown at me after the night of the incident had led me to this. Almost 2 months had we not had a full meal. Bills were piling up and the rising problem of my money spending aunt had me almost begging on the streets.

Heaving a sigh, I shut my eyes and drifted off to the land of sleep.

 

 

“Rosie sweetheart, you listen closely okay?” my little head nodde

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter