Hogwarts AU

SeChung Shots

Chungha watches the ripples as the casted stone breaks through the water's surface, one hand already clutching the next throw. It was a quiet afternoon, late enough for lunch but too early for dinner. Chungha tosses the flat little stone in her hand and catches it once before skipping it along the lake water's surface. It skips three times, one more than the one before, and more ripples appear.

The song on her muggle phone (which she had enchanted to work) switches to another, the fifteenth song that played since she got here, reminding Chungha that it was about time that she went back.

Picking up another small stone, she skips it one last time along the lake and watches it plop down. Third time's the charm and all.

She silently apologizes to the giant squid.

Chungha grabs her bag pack up and starts her way back to the castle.

 

The thing with the Ravenclaw tower is that it is only guraded by a riddle. In that sense, anyone who is intelligent enough can answer the riddle for the day by the Eagle Knocker, no matter who and without being brought in by another Ravenclaw, can enter. (Some might say this is not a very effective way to guard one's house but to witches and wizards, logic can be quite objective).

Chungha enters the common room after answering that day's riddle (today's had been quite lenient), already dreading what's waiting for her up in her shared five-person room. She pauses by one of the large arch windows overlooking the lake, trying to buy more time and delay the inevitable. She lasts five counts before relieving a reluctant sigh.

"Better face the music," Chungha murmurs to herself and begins to ascend to the dormitories.

At first glance, everything seemed to be the usual. Im Nayoung, her roommate, is lounging with a book by The Nook in their room, a recent addition. Slytherin Ki Heehyun is lying languidly on Chungha's bed, browsing through one of Chungha's journals.

But this is Hogwarts, and nothing is ever just usual, even more so when one is friends with Ki Heehyun.

"Took you long enough," says Heehyun without looking up.

"You know," Chungha says as she moves to sit on her bed, "some people would appreciate it if you don't invade their privacy."

Heehyun peeks from the journal with one eyebrow raised. "So I've heard." She then promptly goes back to thumbing through the pages. "Then again, you're not just some people," she adds without looking up.

Chungha only huffs and makes a room for herself on her bed by pushing the Slytherin slightly more to the side.

"So?" she drawls, prodding Heehyun with her foot which is promptly swatted away.

"What?" asks Heehyun.

"We both know you're not here to just read my journals. Spill."

Heehyun looks up, eyebrow raised and head tilted. It would be a lie if Chungha says she doesn't find it cute.

"You mean I can't just visit my best friend on this wonderful day to see how she's doing?" asks Heehyun.

It doesn't take a second for Chungha to say no.

"Fine," concedes Heehyun. "I'm dragging you to the Forbidden Forrest tonight. I heard a bunch of Gryffindors wanted to explore."

Chungha holds back an exasperated groan. It's so typically Heehyun that she's not even surprised anymore. Doesn't mean she's not slightly annoyed, though.

"You need a better hobby," she says instead.

Heehyun scoffs. "This is a great hobby. What are you talking about?"

"Hyun, pranking Gryffindors is beneath you--"

"--Like you used to be literally,"  Heehyun cuts off.

Chungha kicks the snickering girl half-heartedly, ignoring the the quiet sigh of her roommate in the corner.

"Anyway, I was reading your journal for leverage but you're still so expectedly boring I can't even blackmail you."

Heehyun stands up, places the journal back to the sidetable. She smiles at the glare Chungha sends her knowing full well the girl doesn't really hate her.

"Pick you up after dinner," she tells her as she makes her way out of the room.

"What makes you think I'll be coming with?"

Heehyun sends her a smirk over the shoulder. "Sejeong will be there."

Chungha watches her leave, a soft groan escaping her lips. The worst part about being best friends with your ex is that they know you all too well. Long bouts of silence from Heehyun means something's up, usually something like this.

She glances at her roommate, still seemingly nose deep in whatever book she's decided to spend time with.

"Nayoung," she calls softly.

The girl hums in recognition, eyes leaving the book and settling on her.

"I'm going to the Forbidden Forrest tonight," Chungha says.

"I know," her roommate replies.

"It won't be fun."

"I know."

Silence envelops the room, calming. Chungha moves under the covers to try to get some nap. Nayoung returns to her book.

"Chungha," she says.

Chungha looks at her, waits patiently.

"You'll survive."

Nayoung doesn't say from what. Chungha doesn't know either and she does not ask. Nayoung seems to always know more than she lets on.

"Thanks," Chungha says instead.

 

Heehyun corners her by the dining hall corridors after dinner, smirk on her face as she sneaks them both outside towards the castle grounds.

"I still don't understand why you're so obsessed over this prank war with the Gryffindors," Chungha complains as they trudge their way to the edge of the forrest.

"Have you honestly forgotten how Kim Nayoung got Peeves to glitterbomb me on the way back to the dungeon?" Heehyun huffs.

"It's been three years," Chungha replies. "And you were kind of being a during quidditch before the whole glitterbomb thing."

Heehyun swats at Chungha's arm. "Which side are you on anyway."

Chungha knows better than to reply. Heehyun doesn't expect any. She finds them a spot to hide in while waiting for her target.

"So, what's the plan?" Chungha asks.

"Cast cancelling charms for every spell they make and hope for the best."

"That's not a good plan."

"Shut up. It's a great plan."

"Hate to break it to you Heehyun but you're not that good at counterspells."

"Duh, why else do you think you're here?"

Chungha raises an indignant brow. "You dragged me here."

Heehyun waves her off. "Semantics."

"You're also forgetting the forrest has a lot of dangerous creatures."

"Like I said, that's what you're here for."

It takes all of Chungha's strength and a miracle for her to not hex Heehyun seven stories to Hogwarts.

It doesn't take long until they hear quiet footfalls nearby. The duo crouches in hiding as a group of Gryffindor girls come to view.

"They're here," Heehyun says. "And Sejeong is looking good."

"She's literally wearing our school robe. What are you talking about?" Chungha huffs.

"Oh don't worry. She's not my type," Heehyun says breezily. "She's definitely yours though."

Chungha doesn't dignify her with an answer.

Truth be told, Sejeong really does look good even in simple school robes. The usually boisterous girl isn't really known for her looks but has half the school secretly falling for her kindness and her smile anyway. Chungha isn't an exception.

The Gryffindors make their way into the forrest and Heehyun stealthily follows them, Chungha trudging from behind.

Heehyun messes with them, casting nox to their lumos and making random branches move nearby. She delights in the fear the younger girls squeak. Chungha just shakes her head at the childishness.

Sejeong tries to calm the others, still oblivious to the presence of the other two students in the forrest with them.

They only realize they're in too deep in the forrest when Sejeong starts to look worried. It doesn't take long for Chungha to realize they're probably lost. She nudges Heehyun quietly gesturing around them.

Heehyun rolls her eyes, trying to say it would be fine when they hear a shriek.

The two students quickly look towards the source, finding a couple trolls approaching the very scared Gryffindors.

The girls starts casting stupefy after stupefy to no avail. The trolls keep on advancing. Heehyun grabs Chungha's hand and attempts to run when the latter resists.

"We can't just leave them!" she says.

"Chungha, we'll die if we don't move now."

"Heehyun!"

"I know where to go, come on!"

Chungha resists, manages to release Heehyun's grip and runs towards the group instead.

"Fine," Heehyun huffs. "Be that way."

Chungha casts a potent confundo as she nears, hitting a troll in the head. Three pairs of eyes land on her as she makes her way towards them.

"We're saved!" shrieks a girl Chungha identifies as Yeonjung.

"Not yet. We need to get away from here and run," Chungha says.

"Bad idea. We don't even know which part of the forrest we are in right now," Sejeong replies.

"Don't worry. Just keep your wands up and keep throwing spells. We need to keep the trolls in a distance."

"What do you mean?" the other Gryffindor, Doyeon, asks.

"You'll see," Chungha smiles.

Like she expected, Heehyun shows up running. "This way!"

Heehyun never lets her down.

Chungha grabs the nearest hand she could and starts running towards her friend. The others follow.

As someone who has very low stamina, Chungha predictably loses her breath in the middle of their escape and trips on a tree root bringing down the person she's been grabbing with her.

She doesn't know whether to laugh or cry in embarassment when she realizes it's Sejeong.

"You okay?" the girl asks, hand gently holding hers.

"Unnie we have to run!" they hear one of the girls scream.

Sejeong doesn't hesitate to offer her back. "Climb on," she says. "We'll get away faster this way."

And, well, Chungha really can't argue with that.

She knows she should be worrying about the trolls and hoping to Merlin not to encounter any other creatures as they make their way out of the forrest but all Chungha can really think of is the warmth of Sejeong's back and the hands grabbing her thighs, quiet huffs of exertion as the girl runs to keep up with the others.

It feels like the best kind of doom.

They somehow make it out alive, the five of them lying sprawled on the school grounds as far away from the forrest as they could be as they catch their breaths.

"I feel like I should be asking why you guys were in the forrest," Sejeong pants. "But since you guys saved our asses, I won't."

"Yeah. You definitely owe us," Heehyun smugly says. She dodges an elbow from a frowning Chungha, smirk still in place.

"Ignore Heehyun. She's being stupid," she tells Sejeong.

Heehyun rolls her eyes. "Why were you in there anyway?"

"I didn't ask about you guys," huffs Sejeong.

"I didn't say I wouldn't ask about your reason," Heehyun responds.

"It's a need to know basis," says Sejeong.

"Is that another way to say your reason is stupid and you're too embarassed to say it?"

The two younger Gryffindors look at Chungha pleadingly, clearly feeling the tension currently brewing. Chungha silently curses in annoyance as she tells Heehyun to stop.

"It's not important," Chungha says.

Sejeong furrows her brows, eyes flicking from the hand Chungha rests on Heehyun's arm to Chungha's face.

Heehyun notices, of course.

And if there's one thing the Slytherin is good at, it's grabbing opportunities by the throat and milking it.

"Chungha and I were making out. What's your excuse?"

She earns a slap at the back of her head she couldn't dodge but the conflicted look Sejeong sports makes her decide it's worth it.

"We should get back," Sejeong says quietly. "Before the prefects catches us."

The two younger Gryffindor decides to walk ahead, hesitantly waving goodbye at the two girls. Sejeong walks behind them followed by Chungha and Heehyun.

"It's not true."

Sejeong looks at Chungha who has caught up with her.

"What Heehyun said," she clarifies.

Sejeong only flashes her that smile, the one that curves her eyes into perfect crescents. Chungha almost forgets to breathe.

"Goodnight Chungha," Sejeong says.

They've reached the corridors where they have to split up to get to their respective dorms.

"Good night," Chungha replies when she remembers to speak.

 

Heehyun follows her to the Ravenclaw tower. Nobody bats an eye when they enter in spite of their dishevelled forms.

"I still don't understand the whole point of tonight."

"Oh Chungha, you oblivious troll."

"You dated this oblivious troll. What does that make you?"

"A kind-hearted and charitable witch, of course."

Chungha fixes a glare at Heehyun, the Slytherin doesn't take it to heart.

"I'm serious."

"Tell you what, if you come to quidditch practice tomorrow then I'll tell you."

"It's not even the Slytherins' turn to use the field..." Chungha furrows her brows, "is it?"

"Nope. But Sejeong will be there."

"What do you mean?"

"And we're allowed to go to Hogsmeade in a few days too."

Heehyun has changed into one of Chungha's sleepwear and is on her way to burrow herself in Chungha's bed.

Chungha resigns to her fate and shoves the girl aside to make some space.

Heehyun's breathing is almost at a rhythmic pattern when she feels a slap on her arm. Chungha has ginally figured it out.

"Your unnecessarily elaborate plan almost got us killed."

"But it worked, didn't it?"

Chungha stares at the ceiling knowing full well Heehyun's wearing her signature smirk.

"You're an idiot, Ki Heehyun."

"You're welcome, Kim Chungha."

 

 

---

so my younger cousin found my ioi stash and somehow roped me into a marathon and well, this happened. Idk what this is ajsldhdkshdjsjsksdjd