Yoongi

Unwanted Attention

A few days passed after Yoongi had fallen asleep on the couch. He hadn't thought about the night since, too busy between writing and producing music and sleeping to really spend much time worrying about the other members. He always tried to pay enough attention to make sure everyone was healthy when he saw them, but he was no Seokjin hyung, who treated the members as his own kids. Speaking of, Yoongi looked over to where Seokjin was standing near the maknae line as they teased each other. Yoongi smiled a little at first, although the three could be a handful, they never failed to lighten the mood. His smiled dropped a little as his eyes flicked over Jungkook. Although Yoongi spent less time fussing over everyone he was more perceptive than they thought. And as his eyes carefully watched Jungkook, he noticed the kid seemed tired and he kept favoring his left side when he forced out the occasional laugh. Maybe he's just overworked? Between school and his insane practice schedule, it can't be easy. Yoongi mulled over his thoughts until everyone was packed and ready to leave. Except Jungkook.

"Jungkookie, hurry up, I'm ready to go back and sleep," Taehyung whined, pulling at Jungkook's sleeve a bit.

"Umm, actually I'm going to stay and practice for another hour if that's okay? I've just been a little behind lately and I wanna make sure I've got the moves down." Jungkook told them, his fingers nervously playing with the hem of his typical white shirt.

Yoongi can barely believe the words that came out his mouth, the kid is obviously exhausted and on top of their three and a half dance practice, he's going to practice more? He knew Jungkook tended to be a bit obsessive over doing well, and most of the time the rest of them ignore his little quirks about it, but usually when they have group practice Jungkook goes home with the rest of them. Or at least he used to, the past few months he's stopped, and before tonight he hadn't really even noticed; but now that he's thinking about it he can't stop. What caused him to stop coming back? And why is Namjoon saying he's not practicing here, when he obviously is? Yoongi opens his mouth to say something but Jimin beats him to it.

"Okay, Kookie if that's what you want. Try and get home before 1 though, you have school tomorrow." Jimin tells him, concern leaking in his words, but it's obvious he won't force Jungkook to do anything. Yoongi watches as Jimin ruffles Jungkook's hair before picking up his bag and starting out the door, the others following suit with various goodbyes and see you laters. Yoongi's the last out and he lingers a little the doorway.

"You know you don't have to do this Jungkook-ah, one night off won't kill you." Yoongi tells him, even though he knows the kid will refuse.

"I know hyung, I want to. Besides the new choreography is tough and Lee-nim offered to help." Jungkook replies, motioning at their most recent choreographer who smiles and waves at Yoongi. Yoongi waves back half-heartedly, and looks back at Jungkook. For half a second Yoongi swears he sees panic in Jungkook's eyes, but Yoongi brushes it off as him projecting his own uncertain feelings onto Jungkook.

"Okay, well if you're sure Kook-ah...I guess I'll be heading out then, see you back at the dorm."

Yoongi says, trying to suppress the bad feeling he gets walking away. Down the hallway, he sees the others waiting for him, taking amongst themselves.

Suddenly words are spilling out of his mouth, "Jin-hyung, I'm going to stay a little longer too, I just remembered some chords I wanted to get down."

Jin just nods and then the group is continuing down the hall. Yoongi stands there for a second, not actually sure what he's going to do. After some debating, he decides to head to his studio and come back after an hour, and hope that Jungkook would either be gone or leaving.

Yoongi stumbles into his studio, his legs suddenly remembering how tired they were after practice. He can't imagine running through the steps one more time. Plopping down in his desk chair which at this point feels like sitting on a cloud, he sighs and stares at his computer before turning it on. Might as well get some actual work done.

The next time Yoongi stops to look at the clock it's 12:45 am, and he figures it's time for him to collect Jungkook. The kid needs sleep whether or not he wants it. Pushing away from the desk, Yoongi stretches, causing his back to crack in multiple places. He bends down and grabs his stuff, then he's out the door and on his way down the hall. As he approaches the practice room he hears the music spilling out from under the door. He peers in the door window to watch. Jungkook is dancing fiercely as he always does, each step precise and graceful at the same time. Why is he even still here? He already knows the steps better than Jin-hyung and me, not mention he looked way better than Namjoon had earlier today. He is brought out of his thoughts when he watches Jungkook make a misstep that looks painful on his ankle. When the boy stays down for a second afterward, Yoongi is worried he's actually injured himself, but then Lee-nim comes from the side by the stereo and squats down beside him. Yoongi can't see what they're saying, but soon Lee-nim is pulling Jungkook up quickly and walking back over to the stereo.

Is he going to keep dancing? Surely not. He needs to go home. Yoongi watched as the music started up again and Jungkook began dancing. Other than the slight grimace on his face as he put any pressure on his right foot, Yoongi wasn't sure he would've even noticed he was hurt. However, when Jungkook made an especially hard move to the right, he fell. This time gripping his ankle a little, and before the choreographer could even make a move towards Jungkook, Yoongi was in the room.

"Ya, Jungkook-ah, it's time to go. Jin hyung will have your head if you don't get enough sleep before school." He spoke, moving over to the boy. He watched as the kid tried to stand up, before gently grabbing a hold of his hand and tugging him up. Yoongi stumbles a bit, not because Jungkook is too heavy, but because he's so light. What has the kid been eating? Air? He was well aware that their diets weren't always super filling but none of the others seemed to have lost this much weight.

"Sorry hyung, I didn't mean to worry you." Jungkook speaks, voice a little tight, and for a second Yoongi worries he's been crying; but Lee-nim is in here and Jungkook hates crying in front of people, something the members know better than most. It's probably just pain from his ankle. Yoongi stop trying to see things that aren't there.

Yoongi wrapped an arm around the kid, and went to grab his side when Jungkook flinched out of the touch. His hand froze, and his mind thought back to earlier. So there is something wrong with his left side. Trying not to take offense to the clear rejection of Yoongi's touch, he instead shifts his arm so that it fits right under his arm. This time Jungkook all put falls into Yoongi's arms.

"It's all good Kook, we'll still make it back before 1 if we hurry." Yoongi tells him before turning his head to face their new choreographer, "Sorry to keep you here so late choreographer-nim, we'll be on our way now."

The man moves from his spot to where the two stand in the middle of the floor. "It's no problem at all, I love working with the golden maknae of BTS. He's such a hard worker and always listens." He puts a hand on Jungkook's shoulder as he finishes, and Yoongi can feel the kid tense in his arms.

"Well anyway, thank you. Hope you have a good night." Yoongi tells him, then he is walking with Jungkook out the door and down the hall.

Namjoon was right, something was definitely wrong.