love at first sight

love at first sight

Wonwoo was never one to believe in love at first sight. Having your heart stolen by someone you only met for a few seconds? Cupid shot your heart when your fingers unintentionally brushed against a stranger's? That is all superficial, all rubbish, and all fake. So when Wonwoo feels his stomach flutter, his hands clammy at the sight of this beautiful, majestic angel standing right in front of him, he cannot believe what a superficial and shallow person he is. This man is tall, a Greek God. Hair styled up, gaze piercing, skin bronze, muscles toned beneath his black dress shirt, Wonwoo utterly cannot believe how he can be so affected by the mere presence of this human being. Wonwoo continues to scan the man. Dressed in that tight black pants, shiny dress shoes, his lean fingers clasped against the wine glass and tapping against the surface as he speaks, Wonwoo feels as if he should not be looking at this majestically carved statue for long. The Greek god sips on his wine glass, and suddenly turns to look at Wonwoo. Wonwoo quickly averts his stare and furiously shakes his head, hoping that this sudden realisation of his emotions will turn out to be a temporary one. 

 


 

Wonwoo was forced to this gathering by his friend, Soonyoung, who was invited to his company's D&D at a hotel. Soonyoung practically went on his knees to force Wonwoo to go with him, because he 'was a socially awkward person and needs a more socially awkward person to go with him so that he does not feel alone' (as quoted from Soonyoung). Wonwoo already had a concrete plan drawn out in his head on the way to the ballroom, drowning out Soonyoung's endless drabble. One, grab a glass of wine. Two, stand in the corner. Three, stay here until the dance is over or when Soonyoung is ready to leave. Being mesmerised by a Greek god was never on his list. 

 


 

Wonwoo hears a group of females gossiping by his side. 'There he is! Look look, it's him!' 'Oh my god he is so handsome!' 'I swear I need to take a picture of this and keep it forever!' Wonwoo knows that they are talking about the Greek god (he doesn't know what else to call him) because they are being so darn obvious about it, the whole lot of them staring and pointing at the said one. 'Mingyu is so good looking!' Ah, so his name is Mingyu... What a beautiful name. Wonwoo smiles a little as he tries mouthing the name out, each syllable rolling out of his lips. He stops, realising what he is doing. He can't believe this. He thinks to himself, I must be going crazy. No. Control your feelings Wonwoo! He thumps his chest in effort to get rid of that growing warm feeling in his chest. Wonwoo is a proud single male and he is not about to let some Greek god mess with his feelings. He looks up, realising that the said Greek god is gone from his previous location. Wonwoo takes this as a sign to finally leave this party and hide in the toilet.

 

He strides quickly towards the direction of the doors. Nearing the doors, he realises that he is still holding the half-filled wine glass, and was about to down the whole thing and return the glass when-- AHHHHHH! The door bursts open all of a sudden, smashing Wonwoo in the face. Wonwoo feels himself fall onto the carpet, wine glass and all spilled all over his white dress shirt. Wonwoo rolls his eyes and grits his teeth. He has to wear this shirt tomorrow for his meeting with his department, and he cannot believe his 'lucky' streak right now. 'What the f--,' Wonwoo looks up at the perpetrator and was about to spit some not-so-nice words at him, when he realises. Wonwoo's eyes widen, his jaw drops. Standing right in front of him, and staring down at him with widen eyes as well, was the Greek god. Mingyu. He has no idea what to say about this 'lucky' streak of his.  me, Wonwoo thinks to himself. What did he do to land himself in this awkward situation.

 

Mingyu lets out a hearty laugh, and offers Wonwoo a hand. 'I will be happy to, but that's taking it too fast seeing that we don't even know each other.' Wonwoo internally groans. Why, oh why did he say that out loud? Wonwoo came up with an amazing plan to curl into a ball and roll away from this dance hall and out of the building, but Mingyu's hand was stilll hanging right in front of his face. Wonwoo sighs, I have no choice, do I, and accepts the hand. Wonwoo stands up and meekly brushes his bottom. He stares at his now wine-stained shirt. Oh my god..., Wonwoo thinks to himself. Mingyu notices the huge stain on Wonwoo's shirt and quickly says. 'Hey, you should follow me to get a new shirt. I have an extra white one.' Wonwoo looks up and meets Mingyu's gaze. Momentarily starstruck by that pair of hazel brown eyes, he quickly realises that he really should leave this place soon before anything worse happens. Wonwoo fumbles around his words to form a proper sentence. 'Ah.. er... I really should get going I'm really sorry....' Wonwoo thinks that it was sort of a proper reply and begins to run away when he feels someone grab his arm. Wonwoo halts abruptly and looks up. Mingyu is staring right into his eyes, albeit close. Mingyu chuckles, 'I won't actually you, so just follow me.', and turns around to leave. Wonwoo is left standing at the door, shocked at what Mingyu said. Why the did I SAY THAT OUT LOUD EARLIER, Wonwoo jabs his head and cringes at his stupidity, but is left with no choice but to follow Mingyu.

 


 

Somehow, Wonwoo finds himself standing outside the hotel room of Mingyu's. Wonwoo shuffles his feet uncomfortably as he waits for Mingyu to come out of the door. 'Okay, if he doesn't come out within 3 seconds, Wonwoo, you're gonna run away and leave this place. Hwaiting let's do this.' Wonwoo gives himself a quick pep talk and begins the countdown. 3... 2... 1...--- click. Wonwoo immediately retreats from his running position as he hears the door unlock. It opens to reveal Mingyu holding up a clean white dress shirt. Mingyu hands Wonwoo the shirt. 'Here, consider it my gift to you. Sorry for the disaster.' Mingyu scratches his head and gives Wonwoo a bashful smile. Another reason to fall in love with --- wait what the flying Wonwoo. Wonwoo wakes up from his thoughts and gives Mingyu a small bow in thanks. He hastily gets ready to leave when Mingyu suddenly calls up to him. 'Hey Wonwoo, you should change in my room.' Wonwoo almost stumbles from his position and turns around to stare at Mingyu in disbelief. 'How the hell do you know my name?!' Mingyu, a bit shocked at the look Wonwoo is giving him, answers calmly. 'Oh, er, Soonyoung told me your name.'

 

 

Mingyu spots Soonyoung walking into the dance hall from afar. He quickly waves to signal him to come here until he realises that Soonyoung's got company. Mingyu observes the stranger. A white shirt, pair of black pants and shiny black shoes. Mingyu observes his face. Tousled brown hair, fox-like eyes and a sharp nose. 'Don't think I have ever seen him in the company before.' He sees the stranger talking to Soonyoung and then walking off to somewhere else. Mingyu takes this chance to catch Soonyoung's attention by waving his arm more strongly. Soonyoung finally spots Mingyu, and dashes to his place where he is standing. 'Hey Mingyu! Thought you would skip this D&D!' Soonyoung slaps Mingyu on his back. 'Hyung are you crazy, this newbie's got to keep his job even though he hates hanging out with strangers!' Soonyoung laughs at his reply, grabbing a glass of wine from a nearby waiter. Mingyu waits for him to sip his glass before asking. 'Hyung, where did your friend go? Does he work in the company? I have never seen him before.' Soonyoung stares at him in confusion, before realising what he is talking about. 'Oh Wonwoo? Nah, he doesn't belong here, I just brought him here so that I have someone to go home with. He went to hide in some corner, as usual.' Soonyoung takes another sip of his wine, shaking his head. Mingyu chuckles, as he spots the said person located at the corner of the dance hall. Wonwoo huh........

 

 


 

Wonwoo finds himself sitting awkwardly at the end of the couch, Mingyu sitting at the other end. He eventually accepted Mingyu's offer to change into the new set of clothes, but now he has totally no idea of what to do next. Wonwoo plays with the pillow in his arms, waiting for some miracle to occur and save him from this situation. He stares at his fingers, before gaining the confidence to sneak a peek at the man sitting beside him. He jerks back in shock when he realises that Mingyu, arm resting on the couch and head plopped on his hand, was actually staring at him the whole time. Wonwoo tries to regain his composure and clears his throat. 'Urm, your name is Mingyu right?' Mingyu seems surprised at the question. 'Yeah, how do you know?' Wonwoo, stumbled at the question, mumbles. 'Er, I heard some girls talking about you at the dance hall earlier,' Wonwoo recalls the earlier moment in the dance hall and almost threw up thinking about it. Mingyu nods slowly and shrugs. 'Oh well, I guess my technology skills in the company are quite well-known after all,' he sarcastically replies. Wonwoo laughs at his comment, and both of them settle back into the same awkward atmosphere once again. Mingyu breaks the silence. 'Do you work in Seventeen?' Wonwoo shakes his head, still playing with the pillow in his arm. 'I was given an offer to work in Seventeen a few days ago, but I'm not sure if I should accept it. It is quite mean of me to betray my current company, although it means I can work together with Soonyoung.' 'You should accept it.' Wonwoo hears Mingyu answer. He looks up at him in confusion. 'So that I can see you more often.' Mingyu continues, staring straight into Wonwoo's eyes. The gaze that Mingyu is giving Wonwoo, both deep and enticing, somehow makes Wonwoo feel abit warm in the chest. He feels the heat pooling in his body, rising up his neck. What the flying Wonwoo you need to calm down. Wonwoo quickly looks somewhere else, away from the direction of Mingyu. He feels his cheeks burning up, and internally smacks himself in the head for being such a female. Wonwoo suddenly feels his phone vibrate in his pocket, and hastily checks who is the hero who has finally come to save Lady Wonwoo in distress. 

 

from: soonyoung

yo where r u lets go

 

Wonwoo silently thanks Soonyoung for being such a wonderful friend at this impeccable timing and quickly types out a reply, trying to ignore the fact that Mingyu is still staring at him.

 

to: soonyoung

bro save me im in mingyu's hotel room

 

to: soonyoung

i will tell u everyth later just cOME room 604

 

from: soonyoung

wtf bro u gotta stop being so thirsty im coming

 

Never mind, Soonyoung is the worst friend ever. Wonwoo silently curses Soonyoung in his head and tries to meet Mingyu's eyes without melting into a puddle of goo. 'Soonyoung's coming.' Mingyu blinks, and smiles. 'Oh really? Great!' Wonwoo wonders what does he mean by that when he hears the doorbell ring. 

 


 

'Nice chat with you Mingyu, but we got to leave! Wonwoo has to get his beauty sleep. He gets really irritated when he wakes up with a troubled skin.' Soonyoung waves to Mingyu, earning a jab in the stomach from Wonwoo. Mingyu laughs, 'No wonder he is so beautiful.' Wonwoo frowns at Mingyu in disbelief. What does he MEAN by that?! Wonwoo hurriedly pushes Soonyoung out of the hotel room, and then turns around to bow slightly at Mingyu. 'Thank you for the shirt, and sorry for being such a trouble.' Wonwoo manages to squeeze out a suitable reply without sounding too embarrassed. Mingyu chuckles, 'See you soon. And you don't really need any beauty sleep to look the way you are.' Mingyu winks and gives Wonwoo a huge smile. Wonwoo internally stabs himself for blushing at that comment. Is he playing with my feelings?! Before Wonwoo's face can turn any redder, Soonyoung pushes Mingyu back into the hotel room. 'Stop flirting with my friend you !' Wonwoo hears Mingyu laugh loudly. 'Night Wonwoo!' He hears Mingyu say before Soonyoung shuts the door. He turns to face Wonwoo. Wonwoo, feeling a bit scared for what is going to happen, manages to say a timid 'What.' Soonyoung wraps his arm around Wonwoo's neck. 'You better tell me everything on the train ride home...,' he threatens Wonwoo. Wonwoo sighs, giving up as both of them walks to the lift to head home.

 


 

Mingyu lies on the hotel bed, grinning stupidly to himself as he thinks back about the unfolding events earlier on. He tries to go to sleep, but his heart won't let him and he wiggles on the bed happily. Mingyu goes to sleep that night, large grin plastered on his face.

 

 

'Oh Wonwoo? Nah, he doesn't belong here, I just brought him here so that I have someone to go home with. He went to hide in some corner, as usual.' Soonyoung takes another sip of his wine, shaking his head. Mingyu chuckles, as he spots the said person located at the corner of the dance hall. Wonwoo huh........ Mingyu smiles to himself, and elbows Soonyoung. An annoyed Soonyoung stops munching on his croissant and glares at Mingyu. 'What.' Mingyu grins foolishly at Soonyoung. He points Soonyoung to the direction of Wonwoo. Soonyoung stares blankly at Wonwoo. Wonwoo looks bored, sipping on his wine glass once in a while as he plays with the bottom button of his dress shirt. Soonyoung turns back to look at Mingyu. 'What about Wonwoo.' Mingyu widens his smile and stares back at Wonwoo. 'Love at first sight.'