Love You Like A Fool - Part 4 (Final)

Love You Like A Fool

Jong Kook's heart was beating so fast when he felt her soft hands on his back. He kept praying hard, 'Jaebal.. jaebal! Don't eliminate me from your life, Ji Hyo. Let me be..'. Then everybody's jaw dropped at the sound of his name-tag being ripped. The men were speechless - especially Jong Kook. No one was expecting that the actress would rejected the Commander - not right after his made an open confession.

 

With Jong Kook's name-tag in her hand, Ji Hyo gave the man a back hug and rested her face on his back. "Mianhae," that was the only word she said, to which made everyone confused and upset at the same time. Due to the awkward moment, Kwang Soo decided to give SpartAce some space. The youngest member of Running Man was then followed by his other hyungs i.e. Haha, Jae Suk and Suk Jin. All of them except the Commander and Ace decided to make a move as there was nothing left to say.

 

With only two of them alone in the room, Ji Hyo slowly released her hands from Jong Kook. The muscular man refused to turn his back and face her, so she just did the talking from where she stood. "I know you must be wondering why.. and part of you is upset with me," Ji Hyo was hoping to get the Commander's attention by responding to her, but he just kept silence and only heaved a sigh. So Ji Hyo continued, "I had to rip off your name-tag in front of everybody.. cause I don't want the others to look at us differently. That will make things awkward especially during the filming."

 

"What exactly are you trying to tell me Ji Hyo aah.. that you're not comfortable to be with me because we're on the same show? Is that it?" Jong Kook finally blurted out his disappointment, but he still couldn't turn his body towards the actress. He didn't want Ji Hyo to feel sorry for him, and the last thing he wanted was to have her accepting his love out of guilt. Knowing the Ace, she would probably change her mind just to make him happy although that's not what she wants for herself.

 

With a heavy sigh, Ji Hyo responded to the Commander's questions with another question, "I gave you a back hug, didn't I?"

Jong Kook kept silence.

Ji Hyo was slightly upset, "Oppa.. are you really clueless or you just pretended that you don't know how I feel?". She paused for a second before she said, "I love you too.. Kim Jong Kook. Do you hear me?"

 

The Commander was confused. He immediately turned to face her - with eyes widen in surprise. Jong Kook wasn't sure whether he heard it correctly, so he asked the Ace to repeat her confession while both of his hands were holding onto her shoulders. Calmly, she stared into his eyes and smiled, "I said I love you, Kim Jong Kook. That's my answer when I gave you the back hug."

 

With glowing eyes, Jong Kook was shrieking in joy, "Jinjja? You're not fooling my heart.. aren't you?". When she shook her head, he naturally pulled the actress into his arms, "Gomabta Ji Hyo aah! You just make me the happiest man alive!". She also wrapped her man in her cuddle, and they stayed in that position for a long minute. Jong Kook was extremely grateful that Ji Hyo has agreed to accept him as her man, so he gently planted a couple of kisses on her forehead.

 

His reaction made her giggled, "Are you that happy when I said that I love you too?"

"Why wouldn't I be? Yaa.. I almost felt like killing myself when you ripped off my name-tag. But why did you do that?"

She kept laughing, "I've told you.. I don't want others to feel awkward around us!"

He naturally got her point, "So you want to keep our relationship a secret, huh?"

Ji Hyo nodded.

"Waeyo? Are you afraid of hurting someone.. perhaps Gary?" Jong Kook made a random guess.

She immediately denied, "Ahneeoh! It's not like what you think! I know Gary oppa has no feeling towards me anymore."

"Are you sure of that? What if he makes a comeback? Will you be all over him again?"

"Aish oppa! Don't tell me that you're still jealous of Monday Couple."

"So what if I'm jealous? Can't I be jealous as your boyfriend?" he sulked with arms crossing over his chest.

 

Ji Hyo just laughed at his childish argument. She never thought of having such conversation with the man they dubbed as the 'Tiger'. All these years she assumed that Jong Kook was not interested in love, but everything changed since the day they both got 'fired' from Running Man. Perhaps it was a blessing for SpartAce as the incident had brought them closer.

 

Now that they have secretly 'declared' their relationship, Jong Kook and Ji Hyo became much comfortable around each other. He wasn't afraid to show a little affection in front of the camera, while she couldn't help from wanting to be next to him. The SpartAce were happy that their 'secret relationship' was going well, until Kwang Soo got a little bit suspicious. While waiting for the crew to change tape, the Girin decided to investigate the Commander in front of Running Man members. "Hyung.. is there something going on between you and noona?"

 

Jong Kook almost spit out the water that he drank as he wasn't expecting the question, "What's that supposed to mean?"

Ignoring the sharp stare from both Commander and Ace, Kwang Soo bluntly saying, "I don't know. It's just weird to see how close you are together after being.. rejected. Shouldn't you be heartbroken by that?"

"Yaa Lee Kwang Soo! Don't you have better thing to do than framing other people?" Ji Hyo immediately shifted the blame on the tall guy.

Jae Suk seemed to agree with the actress, "Kwang Soo is always the curious one. But he hardly made an intelligent conclusion."

"Yaa hyung! What do you mean?! Are you saying that I am pabo?" Kwang Soo was slightly upset with Jae Suk's statement.

 

The SpartAce were relieved that everyone else took Kwang Soo's words as a joke. Otherwise, it would be difficult for them to explain about their relationship beyond the camera. As Running Man is an unscripted show, there is a high chance that one of the members will accidentally spill out story about their relationship should they know the truth. For now, Jong Kook and Ji Hyo are happy with the way things are.

 

Nevertheless, the male casts (who are clueless about SpartAce real status) kept motivating the Commander to pursue his feeling for Ji Hyo. They encouraged him to make some small moves that will gradually melt her heart, and even 'helped' Jong Kook to get closer to the Ace whenever possible. The most awkward attempt was when Suk Jin purposely 'kick' Jong Kook on his back and made him fell right in front of Ji Hyo. Fortunately the Commander was able to balance himself before he gets too close to the actress. Otherwise, he might accidentally 'kiss' her in front of the camera.

 

After the shooting for Suk Jin's special episode was over, the Commander pretended to scold the old man for his action. Big Nose just laughed at him, "I know you like it, Jong Kook. You should have thanked me for that!". Haha shared the same opinion, "I agree! But it's such a waste that you didn't take the opportunity to kiss her, hyung! How else can you get another chance like that?"

 

Jong Kook face was blushing when Haroro mentioned the 'k' word. The Commander just realized that as a couple, he and Ji Hyo had never share a real kiss. He began to fantasize that 'moment' without realizing that all eyes were on him. "Yaa Kim Jong Kook! Were you having naughty thought about Ji Hyo?" Jae Suk's voice had brought him back to reality, where the male casts were all laughing out loud at the Commander.

 

"What are you guys laughing about?" Ji Hyo who came back from the dressing room decided to join her Running Man family. She naturally stood next to Jong Kook, which made the men smiling sheepishly at the muscular man. Before anyone take the opportunity to josh him, Jong Kook immediately changed the topic, "Does anyone know who will be the next runner?". Haha raised his hand, "Wait a second. Just now we didn't get to pick who.. right?". "Either you.. me.. or Jae Suk hyung," Kwang Soo chipped in.

 

But when the time came, they were all surprised that the member of the week was actually Gary. Of course everyone was happy to see the rapper's face and being able to 'run' with him again, however Jong Kook was slightly upset when he was ousted much earlier while Ji Hyo was still in the game. All that matters to him was the fact that Gary's presence could have triggered the old memories of Monday Couple, especially when the two finally bumped into each other.

 

In the 'prison', Jong Kook had a small conversation with the 'fallen warriors' during the break time. They were all concerned how the Commander felt with the return of Monday Boyfriend into the show. "Have you told Gary about it?" asked Suk Jin who used his special power to 'disappear' from everyone and pretended that he has been eliminated from the game. After gulping down water from his drinking bottle, Jong Kook briefly replied, "I did."

 

"And?" Jae Suk couldn't wait to know more.

The Commander sighed, "He wasn't that happy, but still Gary said that he will support my decision."

Jae Suk nodded and gave Jong Kook a pat on the shoulder, "Gwaenchana. Perhaps he needs time to accept all these. Anyway Gary is like a family already. He will understand and not blame you for liking Ji Hyo if you can prove that you're sincere with your feeling."

"Don't think too much about it, Jong Kook aah. As an older person I can tell that Ji Hyo likes you too.. although she kept denying it. Did you notice how she cried when you sang at my wedding during my special week? It's obvious that she's totally into you," Suk Jin said with confidence.

 

As time went on, Jong Kook anxiously waiting for the game to be over. He hated to stay in the prison and not knowing what was going on between Ji Hyo and Gary, as Monday Couple were among the top three players who still survived in the final battle of superheroes. The moment Gary was brought into the room, Jong Kook couldn't help from smiling - knowing that he doesn't have to worry about Ji Hyo anymore.

 

The filming was wrapped with Kwang Soo as the winner, but that was the least important matter to the Commander. He saw his woman being taken away from the crowd by the rapper, so Jong Kook decided to follow their footstep and to eavesdrop their conversation. However, he couldn't hide his jealousy when he saw Gary gave Ji Hyo a hug. "Why are you guys here? Having your own privacy?" Jong Kook asked sarcastically while marching furiously towards the Monday Couple.

 

Gary knew that the Commander was unhappy, "Mian hyung. I was just catching up with Ji Hyo since we haven't met for quite some time."

"Aah.. you guys must have a lot to talk about, am I right?" Jong Kook scoffed.

"Not really. We're done here. Anyway it's good to see all of you again. I hope you guys will not forget me although I'm no longer a member," Gary forced a smile. The rapper turned to Ji Hyo and said, "Take care Mongji. I'm glad we had the talk. Well.. I better get going now. Annyeong!"

 

The rapper waved his hand at Jong Kook and went to the rest of the Running Man members to bid goodbye. Once he was gone, Ji Hyo shot a deep stare at Jong Kook. She was a bit upset with the way her man behaved earlier, "Yaa.. do you really need to show your jealousy in public? What if other notice?". Jong Kook defended himself, "Can't I be jealous when my woman is happily hugging her ex-boyfriend?"

 

"HE'S NOT.." when she realized that her loud voice will attract people's attention to them, Ji Hyo lowered her tone, "Gary is not my boyfriend. So stop acting like a child!"

"Who's acting? I was just defending my right."

 

"Are we seriously going to argue about this?" Ji Hyo was annoyed with their conversation and decided to make a move. But Jong Kook immediately tailed her to the car and stopped the actress from opening the door. With hand blocking her way, Jong Kook gave a strong gaze at his woman, "Tell me everything that you've told him." At first Ji Hyo refused to say a word, but she had to give up when Jong Kook kept insisting. The Ace stared at the Commander and said, "I told him that I miss him.. and also about us."

 

"What about us? And what about that hug?" more questions were thrown by Jong Kook.

At this point, Ji Hyo began to feel irritated, "If you really can't trust me at all.. then maybe we should reconsider our relationship, oppa. I'm tired of having to explain myself to you so if you don't mind.. just let me leave."

Again Jong Kook stopped Ji Hyo from getting into her car, "Mian.. mian. I didn't mean to doubt you, Ji Hyo aah. Jaebal.. don't give up on us too soon cause I'm still learning how to love you without hurting your feeling. Will you forgive me?"

"Promise me that from now on.. you will trust me and not questioning me like a child."

"Geurae. I promise."

"Jinjja?"

"Jinjja. If I ever break my promise.. then you can punish me in any way you want."

"Arasso. Now can I get into my car?" Ji Hyo gave a signal to tell Jong Kook to move aside.

Instead of obeying to her request, the Commander took away the car key from Ji Hyo's hand and got into her driver seat. He switched on the engine, rolling down the window and said, "Come on in. I'll drive you home."

 

"Aish.. this guy!" although she pretended to be mad, Ji Hyo was actually happy to have her man by her side. Like a real gentleman, Jong Kook helped Ji Hyo to buckle up her seat belt and even lowered her seat to allow the actress taking a nap while on their way home. Once they arrived, he woke her up with a soft kiss on her cheek. "We're here sweetheart," he smiled as she opened her eyes. Ji Hyo touched her cheek while staring at Jong Kook, "Did you just.. kiss me?"

 

With a bright smile on his face, Jong Kook nodded. After knowing the truth, Ji Hyo was slightly shy being alone in the car with the Commander. She immediately unfastened her seat belt, but nervousness made her clumsy. Her reaction made Jong Kook giggled, "Waeyo? Are you afraid of me?"

 

"Ah ni! It's just.. awkward," Ji Hyo avoided her stare from Jong Kook. Then she felt his hands on both side of her cheeks, and suddenly their eyes were locked on each other. "What.. what are you doing?" the actress was stammering when Jong Kook slowly leaning towards her, which made her heart fluttered wildly without a rhythm. "Ji Hyo aah.. I.." Jong Kook whispered as his face got closer and closer to the actress.

 

Ji Hyo was holding her breath with eyes shut when she felt Jong Kook's lips on her forehead. She opened her eyes slightly, and received another kiss on the tip of her nose. As both her eyes were wide opened, Jong Kook completed his sentences with his deep voice, "I love you so much.. my future wife. Can I keep you forever?". Then everything about the night became blurry to her mind, as the only memory she had was the taste of his lips and that wonderful feeling of sharing their first, true love kiss. That was their biggest moment - a whole new world for SpartAce in Running Man history.

 

~ The End ~